Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 6th July 2009, 11:07   #676
Senior - BHPian

Default Additional horns in swift

1. Does the swift come with a single or double horn?
2. Does one have to take off the bumpers to fit additional horns in the swift?
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 12:22   #677
BHPian

1. The new swifts do come with dual horn, appropriate spacing inside and slits in the front fog light.
2. It depends where You would want to place the horn. In older swifts (mine for eg - 2007 model), doesnt even have enough space behind the fog lamp to put one.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 14:54   #678
BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
You have to remove the bumper if you need a proper wiring. This is a picture of my install of my Stebel power horn.Sorry about image quality as it was taken on my cell phone.
Attached Images

Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 14:57   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. Fit inside the engine bay.
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 11:44   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
2. Fit inside the engine bay.
I would prefer this location as have heard elsewhere in this forum that removal of swift bumper is not easy.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 14:08   #681
BHPian

Quote:
I would prefer this location as have heard elsewhere in this forum that removal of swift bumper is not easy.
There will be too much of horn sound inside the cabin.
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 23:24   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
You have to remove the bumper if you need a proper wiring. This is a picture of my install of my Stebel power horn.Sorry about image quality as it was taken on my cell phone.
Be careful of water as monsoon has set in.Water from spinning tyres might render your Stebel useless in no time dude.
ultimatechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 08:01   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
vijaycool : You bought the melody maker for your bike or for your 4-wheeler ?

If my memory is correct, I don't think that the melody maker for cars are not available for Rs.150.
I dont think so there is separate melody maker for bike. I bought along with Roots Vibrosonic, Roots melody maker 7 in 1. Its rated 8 amp. Roots megasonic is rated 8A and vibrosonic rated 7A for pair. Its cost around Rs 175 and i managed to get for Rs150. Also i got PMP relay for high tone with a switch to activate. This is to reduce sound inside the city limit. The reason why i opted is for melody maker is because of the electronic relay used. Its a man effort to place the horns for pulsar bike. Compared with stock minda 2A of the pulsars this is twice huge and thrice the thickness. Both have 90mm metal disc
vijaycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 08:09   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
are you talking about MEGASONIC ?
there are three versions vibromini > vibrosonic > megasonic which are priced around 520 > 900 > 1300 a pair.

Attachment 154612

Attachment 154613
How Megasonic fares against Stebel Nautilus, Hella clear tone a.k.a Red grill in terms of loudness. IMO it may be louder but can not reach long distances. 325 Hz low tone and 395 Hz high tone compared to 425Hz and 505 Hz for Hella German version.
vijaycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 12:17   #685
BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Be careful of water as monsoon has set in.Water from spinning tyres might render your Stebel useless in no time dude.

Thanks for the warning on this. I did one round of heavy rain drive last weekend. The fellow still is loud and clear.
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 10:11   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool View Post
I dont think so there is separate melody maker for bike. I bought along with Roots Vibrosonic, Roots melody maker 7 in 1. Its rated 8 amp. Roots megasonic is rated 8A and vibrosonic rated 7A for pair. Its cost around Rs 175 and i managed to get for Rs150. Also i got PMP relay for high tone with a switch to activate. This is to reduce sound inside the city limit. The reason why i opted is for melody maker is because of the electronic relay used. Its a man effort to place the horns for pulsar bike. Compared with stock minda 2A of the pulsars this is twice huge and thrice the thickness. Both have 90mm metal disc
For Pulsar, you should've also opted for Spider so that the fitting would've been easy.
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 20:51   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
I purchased the vibrosonic for the same price of Rs.850 on GP road. Initially I wasn't sure about the price since Xenos galleria quoted Rs.675 but didn't have stock.Later when I got it installed at Mylapore I was told that it was the right price and that inside the city it was retailing at Rs.945.

edit : The specs you posted look similar to the Vibromax listed on the roots website. How is the melody maker ?

Hi all,

I guess there are 3 models in roots. Vibrasonic,megasonic and supersonic.

DO you know which is the loudest? Am plannig for roots or steble,which one do u suggest for daily use
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 00:05   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi all,

I guess there are 3 models in roots. Vibrasonic,megasonic and supersonic.

DO you know which is the loudest? Am plannig for roots or steble,which one do u suggest for daily use
I came to know that megasonic are the loudest followed by supersonic and then vibrasonic,not sure though.
I will prefer the loudest horn for daily use
@ goandude- the swift type 1 came with one horn (that girly kind of noise) and was fitted behind the left fog lamp,while the type 2 has two horns and are near the two fog lamps.To remove the bumper or not depends upon installer,but doing the work without taking off the bumper is very difficult.I tried so many installers and they sacer away from installing a horn in swift coz the whole bumper has to be removed and it is a really time taking and tiring job.
and guys I really recommend everybody to please get the relay changed appropriately,i had a very bad experience which made the cost of my horn almost double!!

Last edited by mustang89 : 10th July 2009 at 00:11.
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 02:37   #689
BHPian

ROOTS Megasonic is a 'not-so-popular' model. The 3 most popular and loud horns from the ROOTS stable are as follows:

1. ROOTS MEGASONIC
High Tone : 395 Hz
Low Tone : 315 Hz
SPL: 125dB

2. ROOTS VIBROSONIC
High Tone : 505 Hz
Low Tone : 425 Hz
SPL: 110dB

3. ROOTS VIBROMAX
High Tone : 400 Hz
Low Tone : 325 Hz
SPL: 120dB

There are other models such as Vibrosonic Delux(115dB), Supersonic (115dB), Vibro mini (110dB)
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 08:42   #690
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

Quote:
I have got a Hella Red Grill dual horn fitted in my Swift. They did not remove the bumper. They fitted it close to the original horns (which are still there) and turned the wheels completely to one side to access the space. They had to remove the black cover in the wheel well to fit it though.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote