Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 27th October 2010, 10:47   #991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntydey View Post
Good to see that its fixed now. Could you let us know the earlier and the new location?
Earlier, both the horns were mounted on a thin iron sheet (patti). it was very light and used to vibrate a lot and hence that harsh sound.

Now they are mounted seperatly and on a very thick iron sheet.
Also, changed the direction of the horn to point towards the grill.
Added a relay aswell.
gauravchawla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 18:00   #992
Senior - BHPian

Default Bosch Symphony Fanfare

I was using Hella redgrill in my Vista, but unfortunately, the diaphragm of one of my horns got damaged while trying some DIY.

I plan to scout for a new diaphram to fix it, but meanwhile, plan to fix another horn till I fix the red grill.

I had used Stebel TM80 MAGNUM earlier on my bike and I am happy with it, but this time, I want to try Bosch Symphony Fanfare on my Vista.

Have anybody here used them before? Any input about the sound and price will be valuable.
theexperthand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2010, 16:18   #993
Senior - BHPian

I desperately need to upgrade the stock horn on my Vista. It's really crappy and I found it a very cheap low cost horn.

Please suggest some great horn I can fit onto the Vista.

I like the horn on the Swift, and even the one on the Octavia.
ajay_satpute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:03   #994
Senior - BHPian

@ajay_satpute Palio twin horns are something you can try, if you dont want a very loud horn. If you want a very loud horn, you can choose from Hella Redgrill, Stebel TM 80, Bosch Symphony, Roots windtone etc. I remember some dealers saying that Roots Megasonic will not fit in Vista - never tried it myself, so it is worth a try if you like the sound.
Old 2nd November 2010, 14:08   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
@ajay_satpute Palio twin horns are something you can try, if you dont want a very loud horn. If you want a very loud horn, you can choose from Hella Redgrill, Stebel TM 80, Bosch Symphony, Roots windtone etc. I remember some dealers saying that Roots Megasonic will not fit in Vista - never tried it myself, so it is worth a try if you like the sound.
Thanks a lot thexperthand! I have noted down these names and will update you with the choice I made.

As you mentioned rightly, I do not want something very loud and irritating.

What are the norms for the loudness of the horns? Are all these horns under the allowed decibal limit? If you've suggested they must be, but just want to confirm.
ajay_satpute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2010, 16:12   #996
Senior - BHPian

@ajay_satpute i am not sure about the legal aspects of a loud horn, but I think all these are legally ok since they are manufactured and sold in India (Hella and Roots)

Personally, I will pick up Stebel Magnum - they retail for around 700 INR. I have had good experiance with them. Currently, I am using Hella redgrill, and I am thinking of getting Bosch Symphony, but have not done it yet. The only reason why I am now looking for Bosch symphony and not Stebel Magnus is, I have not tried Bosch Symphony yet, and want to see how good they are.
Old 2nd November 2010, 16:17   #997
Senior - BHPian

Check bosch website to find their Bangalore dealer.

I chose TM80 over hella and roots, its not too loud. but its enough to convey the message to auto drivers and lazy two wheeler riders!
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2010, 21:29   #998
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone help me by identifying the OE horn in captiva? i sounds too good and loud ,i wanna have in my swift.

Also how is the performance of Bosch ? ie that big grey one .guess it costs around 2100
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2010, 21:10   #999

Can someone suggest me with a louder horn for my Xylo(E8 - Sept 2009)?

I am quite ok with the stock horn in my car but on highways and on ghats, on more than a few occassions i have found this to be "mild" for "casual" trucks and other drivers.

so, i wish to add a louder(not really looking for one that is loudest and is not legal) controlled by a switch that i can toggle to use the stock ones in city(or even on highways for gentle fellow drivers!)

Appreciate your inputs on this as i am planning for a west coast + ghats trip in end of dec.

-Deepak
dgr8ctzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 19:27   #1000
BHPian

Default Only 1 horns works

Hello All,

I've been using Bosch NormalTone double horns in my M800 for past 1 year. Since 2 weeks I'm noticing that at night when the lights, AC & ICE runs, only one horn sounds. Could this be a battery problem? Or is this an issue with the horn? Both horns works perfect during day time.

Thanks,
Jose.
josejoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 16:04   #1001
BHPian

Default re: Power Horns!

Planning a horn upgrade on my Swift, a car accessory shop is offering windtoe horn for Rs.800 (Bosch and Kobra brand available). Which one do you guys suggest and shall I be looking for installing some relay etc. along with the horn
rajatsingh78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 04:38   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Hello All,

I've been using Bosch NormalTone double horns in my M800 for past 1 year. Since 2 weeks I'm noticing that at night when the lights, AC & ICE runs, only one horn sounds. Could this be a battery problem? Or is this an issue with the horn? Both horns works perfect during day time.

Thanks,
Jose.
try the following
Easiest way out is to install a Relay for horns.
Also its Time to get the battery checked
Check if there's a tuning nut on back of these horns, they can be adjusted to match the voltage which is available to them while your stuff is running, but in most cases installing a Relay would solve the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
Planning a horn upgrade on my Swift, a car accessory shop is offering windtoe horn for Rs.800 (Bosch and Kobra brand available). Which one do you guys suggest and shall I be looking for installing some relay etc. along with the horn
Go with Bosch, and installing a relay would prevent the problem which i've just answered in this post itself.
ghpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 12:13   #1003
BHPian

Thanks for the response, however could you please elaborate more on the relay part, like where will it be installed etc. I am asking this because I don't want the accessory guy to take me for a ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Go with Bosch, and installing a relay would prevent the problem which i've just answered in this post itself.
rajatsingh78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 12:18   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Bosch symphony fanfare horn is very nice. I think it sounds much better than Stebel TM80 magnum.
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 13:20   #1005
BHPian

I've recently bought roots windtone horn for Rs.500, total costs including the installation was Rs.800. It is placed below grille in my fiesta. It sounds a lot now.
Jebs is offline   Reply With Quote