Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 9th June 2012, 11:11   #1186
BHPian

Default re: Power Horns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
LOL.
They are extremely expensive and out of my budget.
They are for 7k,8k & 10k.

Am looking for something really Loud in 1k.
For a budget of 1K , I think your best bet would be to go to Mallikbazar and try to buy one of those refurbished air horns.

Be careful about where you use it .
mitrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 11:25   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrajdeep View Post
For a budget of 1K , I think your best bet would be to go to Mallikbazar and try to buy one of those refurbished air horns.

Be careful about where you use it .
But would they last for say 1-1.5 years?

I dont have any inclination towards getting an Air Horn.Just need something Really Loud to Shoo Away Trucks,Buses on Byepass.The Horns can be changed via a switch.I'm keeping the stock Honda Horn on my City type 2 for normal use.

Could you please suggest me something accordingly?

Thanks for your reply in advance
Rohin
cityvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 11:48   #1188
BHPian

Quote:

I dont have any inclination towards getting an Air Horn.Just need something Really Loud to Shoo Away Trucks,Buses on Byepass.The Horns can be changed via a switch.I'm keeping the stock Honda Horn on my City type 2 for normal use.

Rohin
Hella Red Grills are supposed to be quite good. Many on this page are happy with them. You could get a look at them at the car decor showrooms in Kakurgachi area. Might be a little over your budget.

I would be interested to see your installation with a switch to alternate the horns, I plan on something similar. Though I like the sound of the VW Polo horn.

Super Loud Hella Supertone Red Grill T.T Horn High & Low 12V For Cars And Bikes | eBay
mitrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 11:58   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrajdeep View Post
Hella Red Grills are supposed to be quite good. Many on this page are happy with them. You could get a look at them at the car decor showrooms in Kakurgachi area. Might be a little over your budget.

I would be interested to see your installation with a switch to alternate the horns, I plan on something similar. Though I like the sound of the VW Polo horn.

Super Loud Hella Supertone Red Grill T.T Horn High & Low 12V For Cars And Bikes | eBay
Will the Skoda/VW ones be Loud enough to get those people off to the side?

Dont Hella Red Grills have reliability issues?Like with slight water entering into them,they conk off?

I had planned that If i am not able to procure Stebel in Calcutta,I would go in for Bosch Symphony.
I had been running Roots R90 on my Honda City ZX till I sold it off for almost 2 years.Had got them for around 400.They sounded similar to the Toyota Innova Horns.

Last edited by cityvic : 9th June 2012 at 12:10.
Old 9th June 2012, 12:08   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Guys any idea whats the Price of a Stebel 3 Pipe Horn or Stebel Nautilus and where can I procure them in Calcutta?
Stebel is unavailable even with the Delhi importer I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
Got the Hella Red Grills installed to my Fabia today. Sound much better than that of the stock ones. In all, I am happy with the upgrade.

BTW, (one my call it as an afterthought but), how to differentiate between the OE & Fake Hella Red Grills? Do share some inputs.
Great choice, one of the best and most stable choices.

Difficult to say, fakes exist but not too much for the Red Grills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
He gives you an original Hella warranty card. So np worries on that end. ☻
Indian Hella Red Grills come with a warranty card. The German set has no warranty since imported goods hold no warranty.

*Import of Red Grills is non existent now since the Indian piece has come in.

Quote:
LOL.
They are extremely expensive and out of my budget.
They are for 7k,8k & 10k.

Am looking for something really Loud in 1k.
Haha steer clear of these links! The Stebel series costs all under 3k max. The Nautilus is under 1k.

Quote:

Rohin
History shows that Nautilus does not last very long for most. Hella/Bosch/Roots is your best bet.

I suggest Red Grills (shrilling!) or Hella TT [Twin Tone] which sound like the Polo horn, but louder.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by ankitahuja : 9th June 2012 at 12:09.
ankitahuja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 12:18   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Stebel is unavailable even with the Delhi importer I know.
There goes my Stebel Plans.
Quote:
Haha steer clear of these links! The Stebel series costs all under 3k max. The Nautilus is under 1k.

History shows that Nautilus does not last very long for most. Hella/Bosch/Roots is your best bet.

I suggest Red Grills (shrilling!) or Hella TT [Twin Tone] which sound like the Polo horn, but louder.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for your help,Ankit.
So will either get the Hella Red Grills or Hella Twin Tone or Roots Windtone.

Could you please tell me how much they would each cost approximately?

Thanks a ton again.
Old 9th June 2012, 13:05   #1192
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks a ton again.
No worries.

Hella Red Grill and TT cost a fraction under 1k and 500 respectively.

Roots I have no information about.
ankitahuja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 18:32   #1193
BHPian

I didn't check it before, but now feeling much relieved to see the 'Warranty Card' in the box (with details like Date of manufacture, Sr. No., Part No.)
Warranty valid for 6 months from the Date of sale or 9 months from the Date of manufacturing.. Whatsoever, this could be considered as an 'OE' product
Dr.Vikas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 20:24   #1194
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone tried Bosch Europa? How is it?
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 14:34   #1195
BHPian

Just wanted to know if the Hella Red Grills are more powerful than the factory dual horns fitted in Ritz. Are they an upgrade or just a replacement if you already have dual horns ?
TaurusAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 17:17   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic

Thanks a ton again.
Roots windtone costs Rs.750 max
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 20:42   #1197
BHPian

The Hella Red Grills are definitely more powerful than the factory fitted horns!
They should cost about 1300-1400 including installation.

Last edited by prateek_ch : 10th June 2012 at 20:43.
prateek_ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 16:20   #1198
BHPian

Hi! One of the two horns on my Santro is apparently bad. When the bad one is disconnected, the good one works fine. The loudness is, however, inadequate. When the the bad one is re-connected, the good one also stops working. My mechanic suggests replacing the bad one only. It costs about 250 at the A.S.S.
The problem is that I have been hearing the OEM horns for nearly 10 years now. So am seriously considering buying a pair of aftermarket ones. The Bosch Symphony & the Hella Red Grill Supertone seem popular choices on this thread. The Hella set costs more than double the Bosch one. Is it only because of the added relay or are the horns also more robustly built?
TIA for your help.
nura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 18:49   #1199
BHPian

I was planning to have the horn, in the below URL, installed in my swift VXI GEN 3.

I have seen your reviews and understand that this is a good brand and does what it is made for. However, I wanted to confirm from the gurus if there would be any challenge in getting it fixed? Is there something I should know before I get this? (Other than the fact that these are banned and being a BHPian I'm supposed to make sure that I do not add to already existing sound pollution).

Thanks a ton.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Super-Loud-He...#ht_1903wt_905

Last edited by xydon : 11th June 2012 at 19:18.
xydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 20:33   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Just wanted to know if the Hella Red Grills are more powerful than the factory dual horns fitted in Ritz. Are they an upgrade or just a replacement if you already have dual horns ?
Definitely an upgrade and very powerful than OE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Anyone tried Bosch Europa? How is it?
Heard very good reviews about them. I had plans to try them but well, other things keep more occupied more now

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Hi! One of the two horns on my Santro is apparently bad. When the bad one is disconnected, the good one works fine. The loudness is, however, inadequate. When the the bad one is re-connected, the good one also stops working. My mechanic suggests replacing the bad one only. It costs about 250 at the A.S.S.
The problem is that I have been hearing the OEM horns for nearly 10 years now. So am seriously considering buying a pair of aftermarket ones. The Bosch Symphony & the Hella Red Grill Supertone seem popular choices on this thread. The Hella set costs more than double the Bosch one. Is it only because of the added relay or are the horns also more robustly built?
TIA for your help.
Horns can be adjusted to make them work better. Does your mechanic not know how to tune them? The center nut needs to be adjusted if it might help. Tighten it as much as you can and you'll hear the difference.

The Hella costs more not for any particular reason. It's just the branding and the product uniqueness. Relays don't cost that much :-)
Note to you: Red Grills are louder/harsher than Bosch, though Bosch can be quite shrilling too so see that you like. LOL! this is like talking about components in the I.C.E. thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xydon View Post
I was planning to have the horn, in the below URL, installed in my swift VXI GEN 3.

I have seen your reviews and understand that this is a good brand and does what it is made for. However, I wanted to confirm from the gurus if there would be any challenge in getting it fixed? Is there something I should know before I get this? (Other than the fact that these are banned and being a BHPian I'm supposed to make sure that I do not add to already existing sound pollution).

Thanks a ton.

No challenges in fixing this horn. Make sure you use a good relay, fix them at a very sturdy location since they can vibrate a lot and please don't buy it from the link you have pasted above
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote