Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 23rd January 2015, 18:17   #1441
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Minda Trumpet or Hella Trumpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
How much did they cost? There is a trumpet horn by Hella, finished in chrome. I did hear them & they were the loudest. Cost was 1468 IIRC.
I got them for 750. Yes, the chrome ones are limited edition and are supposed to be the loudest. The Black Pearls are rated at 110 db and the chrome are 112 db so not by that much.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015, 10:47   #1442
BHPian

Default re: Power Horns!

I want to upgrade the OEM horn on my Nano Twist. Considering the battery in Nano and fearing the loss of warranty, want to upgrade it without any modifications. Some mechanics at tata suggested to go for just the high-tone horn from hella and the likes as a bolt on replacement in-place of existing horn.

Any suggestions?
knaveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2015, 11:52   #1443
BHPian

Got Hella Windtone horn with Chrome finish @ 1400/-. Dealer (Accessory Guy) said that it was the latest from Hella.
Compared to Roots Windtone @750/- and Minda Windtone @950. Found that the sound from Hella was not too shrill but loud enough
Additional relay + labour + wire etc. took the total to 1700/-. Not sure it is a good deal but one of the original pair of horns was not working so did not research further.

Cheers
MKP

Last edited by mkpiyengar : 9th March 2015 at 11:53. Reason: type
mkpiyengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2015, 15:09   #1444
BHPian

Hello Everyone. My ride is a 2014 Make Hyundai Xcent. The stock horn sounds inadequate to me and I want to install Minda Trumpets. I went to a electrician today who quoted 350.00 for the installation job, and he also said that few holes might have to be drilled to get these horns fitted. I am not very comfortable with the idea of holes being drilled into my machine. Any help would be much appreciated.
Engine_Roars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2015, 22:33   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Hello Everyone. ......Any help would be much appreciated.
Can't you try to utilize the existing holes that are present on the body.

Perhaps you can attach a metal bar at the marked spot and fix the horn on its end.
Attached Thumbnails
Power Horns!-hyundaigrandi1003.jpg  

Last edited by batterylow : 22nd March 2015 at 22:35. Reason: Additional data
batterylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2015, 16:39   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
Can't you try to utilize the existing holes that are present on the body.

Perhaps you can attach a metal bar at the marked spot and fix the horn on its end.
Hi, Thank you for helping out. I finally have got the horns installed from a different mechanic. As you suggested, he did utilize the existing holes. Horns are sounding just fine, however he did not use the relay. According to him the stock wires were heavy gauge and did not require a relay. I am a bit scared and I don't want to end up blowing out some fuse. Any suggestions please.
Engine_Roars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 15:15   #1447
BHPian

Guys, Can you please suggest the best horn from the below options? The sound should be similar to the ones in Audi/BMW/VW.

a) Hella Black Pearl Trumpet
b) Hella Chrome Trumpet
c) Hella Trumpet
d) Minda Trumpet

I currently have Bosch Trumpet horn both in my Ertiga and Ritz.

And, how safe is Amazon India/Flipkart for the above purchase?

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 21st May 2015 at 15:26.
Prodigy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 15:24   #1448
BHPian

I've a pair of Roots Windtone horn installed in my '04 MS Alto. I got them from a local dealer back in 2013. It has a relay of course. Without the relay, the horns weren't performing as they should. And yes, the sound is loud enough for people to notice.
Swapnil_Alto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2015, 18:52   #1449
BHPian

Whats the loudest or most shrill/attention getting horn available ? Even though I dont like honking I feel its one upgrade that is really needed nowadays to get anywhere safely and in a timely fashion, alerting people whos suddenly wander into the middle of the road while talking on their mobile phones and also people talking on their mobile phones inside cars at signals without pressing the breaks, obliviously allowing their car to roll backwards until they are alerted by the union of their rear bumper with my front bumper.

In short everyone is now deaf because they have a phone glued to their ear, that also makes them stupid and reckless and I want a loud horn that will bring these fools back to the present.

Also my buildings night watchman locks the gates and falls into a deep coma like sleep at 12:30 and it can take upto 10 minutes to wake him up and unlock the gate. Id prefer it if my neighbors were disturbed with a loud sound for 5 seconds rather then 10 minutes of medium level noise
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2015, 21:07   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Whats the loudest or most shrill/attention getting horn available ? Even though I dont like honking I feel its one upgrade that is really needed nowadays to get anywhere safely and in a timely fashion, alerting people whos suddenly wander into the middle of the road while talking on their mobile phones and also people talking on their mobile phones inside cars at signals without pressing the breaks, obliviously allowing their car to roll backwards until they are alerted by the union of their rear bumper with my front bumper.

In short everyone is now deaf because they have a phone glued to their ear, that also makes them stupid and reckless and I want a loud horn that will bring these fools back to the present.

Also my buildings night watchman locks the gates and falls into a deep coma like sleep at 12:30 and it can take upto 10 minutes to wake him up and unlock the gate. Id prefer it if my neighbors were disturbed with a loud sound for 5 seconds rather then 10 minutes of medium level noise
Roots vibrosonic is sufficient for the mentioned purposes, apart from being easily serviced if ever needed.
sunsetorange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2015, 17:29   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Guys, Can you please suggest the best horn from the below options? The sound should be similar to the ones in Audi/BMW/VW.

b) Hella Chrome Trumpet
c) Hella Trumpet
d) Minda Trumpet

I currently have Bosch Trumpet horn both in my Ertiga and Ritz.

And, how safe is Amazon India/Flipkart for the above purchase?
Hello, can I get a response please? I'm desperately waiting for an answer to get the horns changed in my Ertiga this weekend.
Prodigy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2015, 18:46   #1452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post

b) Hella Chrome Trumpet
c) Hella Trumpet
d) Minda Trumpet
On this thread, have heard good things about Minda. You may go at an accessory shop and hear them out prior to finalizing.

Or, get yourself original VW horns. Cost is between 3-4K IIRC
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2015, 00:37   #1453
BHPian

What would be a good horn for replacing weak OEM horn on our M800? Feels very inadequate on all kinds of roads. If you can suggest a model that's available online, then even better!

Thanks guys!
hellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2015, 02:14   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
What would be a good horn for replacing weak OEM horn on our M800? Feels very inadequate on all kinds of roads. If you can suggest a model that's available online, then even better!

Thanks guys!
You would want to fix a relay with a pair of new horns. Why don't you go to the neighbourhood automobile accessories shop and try out all the horns and choose what you want? After all each of us have different tastes.

Roots, bosch, hella, minda all make quality horns.
sunsetorange is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2015, 20:27   #1455
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
What would be a good horn for replacing weak OEM horn on our M800? Feels very inadequate on all kinds of roads.
I think this should fit the bill if you want a good loud horn. Passenger space would be compromised though.

drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote