Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 7th March 2014, 11:35   #46
BHPian

person at Adithya A/c said that it was Sanden.The fit and finish is very good, solid buttons et-al.
You should have a trouble free install, considering the good reviews.
nijelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 13:02   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: PICS : Rear Aircon Retro-fitting in my Toyota Innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Thats great. I would like to know feedback about installation, neatness & expertise in work. I am planning to install in my Tata Safari next month. At present I am in abroad and expected to come in first week of April. I need this feedback to decide about Adithya AC workshop. I have very long drive schedule in month of May towards North India and middle row is absolute necessity for me.

Which company's blower you fitted? Sanden?
It is definitely Sanden. It comes in 2 tone facias, wooden and grey. He seems to have got wooden finish.

However, since you are looking for Safari, hope you are aware that Safari versions used to come with factory fitted a/c blower. Check in pic below, from net

The blower is Sanden only.

But, this factory fitting has better fitting than on Innova. As I have seen it when opened, it needs cutting into ceiling and fitting in. The side cladding too are much better and fit right leaving no gaps.

So if you ask the Tata dealer, maybe they can do a better job with all these parts, but maybe at a higher price. No harm in checking. Worst case, if it doesn't happen, you can go for the same from the a/c workshop.
parsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 13:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: PICS : Rear Aircon Retro-fitting in my Toyota Innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
It is definitely Sanden. It comes in 2 tone facias, wooden and grey. He seems to have got wooden finish.
However, since you are looking for Safari, hope you are aware that Safari versions used to come with factory fitted a/c blower. Check in pic below, from net
My Safari is Lx version and it doesn't have middle row AC. Yes, EX and above comes with factory fitted middle row AC. Until now it was not required for me as I had nice sunfilms in my Safari. After Supreme Court order I had to take out sunfilms and it is now genuinely required to tackle blistering heat of North India.

I would try to take quote from TASS about AC fitment but I think they will charge excess of Rs. 30,000 for this work. Generally, these days they don't take up modifications like these in their cars. I have got one more contact in Bangalore who did this work in Safari.
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 23:37   #49
BHPian

Default Roof Mounted Second Row Fan/Blower

I want to get a roof mounted fan/blower for the second row in my Tucson to increase the effectiveness of the AC.

Discovered a good looking product being sold in Singapore/Malaysia but the seller s are not willing to ship to India. It sells for around INR 10K.

Has anyone come across such a product in India ? If yes, seller details pls.
Attached Images

kamal.sn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 23:44   #50
BHPian

Default Re: Roof Mounted Second Row Fan/Blower

Available pretty easily I'd say, have seen this in almost all Qualis and Tavera cabs; although that one is not this compact, and extends all the way to the sides.

Should be easily available at all major accessories shops.
negativeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 00:10   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal.sn View Post
I want to get a roof mounted fan/blower for the second row in my Tucson to increase the effectiveness of the AC.

Has anyone come across such a product in India ? If yes, seller details pls.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98667 (PICS : Rear Aircon Retro-fitting in my Toyota Innova)
Pls try this thread
nijelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 00:21   #52
BHPian

Default Re: Roof Mounted Second Row Fan/Blower

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Available pretty easily I'd say, have seen this in almost all Qualis and Tavera cabs; although that one is not this compact, and extends all the way to the sides.

Should be easily available at all major accessories shops.
The one you're talking about is not just a blower but a whole dual a/c system with a cooling coil of it's own!
pixantz is offline   Reply With Quote