Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 18th January 2006, 00:46   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Isn't each header designed based on the CC, Exhaust Port Length, Exhaust Duration, RPM range required ???
An esteem engine into a zen doesnt have enough room to use a freeflow header of the Esteem. The Esteem engine ports match the zen ports. Hence a Free flow Zen header can be used. There is no other choice unless you get a custom made header for the setup.

It does the work. Have seen Automech do that to most zen 1.3s.

cheers !!
anant_n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2006, 00:49   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anant_n1
An esteem engine into a zen doesnt have enough room to use a freeflow header of the Esteem. The Esteem engine ports match the zen ports. Hence a Free flow Zen header can be used. There is no other choice unless you get a custom made header for the setup.

cheers !!

Thought the engine block and head sizes are the same externally.
cinclaturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2006, 17:08   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
mite, why are u not going for hte PS and Power windows???? dont miss them out, as u will definately be putting in Alloys and fatter tyres, take the Ps.
Insane Devil, I somehow feel the non-PS gives me a more accurate feedback than PS. Ofcourse, just my opinion and i dont even have data to back it. Regarding power windows, its just personal preference. I really dint want any frills or eye-candy at all. i just wanted a decent monster under the hood.
zen-ith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2006, 12:01   #19

OK, I have zeroed in on a 1999 Zen LX done 45k, deep metallic green. Condition is very good, and no scratches or dents except for a repainted bonnet. Single owner, LTT and 13 inch stock radials with plenty of life left in them. There is no rattling even at moderate-high speeds over bad terrain and wheel balance doesn't indicate any history of mishaps. Now he quotes a price of 1.85L (after final negotiations, starting from 2.1L) and we have gone up to 1.75L. How much do you think its worth? A Maruti TrueValue evaluator told us Maruti's buying price of such a car would be 1.7L. Generally what would be their selling price?
Old 21st February 2006, 17:05   #20
BHPian

try n get him down to mayb 1.5 - 1.6 if u can that wud b a rockin deal
buzzin_hornets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 19:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anant_n1

cheers !!

No....he does it...but does'nt mean that its the RIGHT Way to do it... i'm totally with psycho.. u cant use headers designed for a 1L zen on a 1.3L engine just cuz the ports are the same n they "fit"
Rice_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 20:03   #22
BANNED

Hey,

Even I agree with Pyscho. Either someone doesnt know what they are talking about or then Automech is selling anything to anyone. I would now be very apprehensive about them.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2006, 00:46   #23
BHPian

I agree with Pyscho too.
I don't think the Zen header will work out well performance wise. (just my thoughts)...

And Zen-ith, I feel you need power steering cause you are bound to change your tyres if you want to go fast.
I thought that the power steering shuts off after you reach a certain Speed????

Last edited by Gtea : 22nd February 2006 at 00:47.
Gtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2006, 01:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Why not get a 2000+ Mpfi Zen ?
And the price is much on the higher side.
In bombay clean 99 Zens go for less than 1.25 ... but I guess thats Banglore.
dipen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2006, 10:53   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen
Why not get a 2000+ Mpfi Zen ?
And the price is much on the higher side.
In bombay clean 99 Zens go for less than 1.25 ... but I guess thats Banglore.
Wow!! Is there that much of a price difference? But sadly, I lost that deal. Anyways, Bangalore guys, how much do you think I should expect to pay for a 2000 model zen LX. Done around 49k, bought through Maruti true value (3 free service + 6 months warranty + assured no accident history + assurance that meter is not tampered). Excellent condition with new tyres and new battery, Good speakers, old casette player/radio? This white zen is too tempting. Of all the zens I have driven, this felt the most solid.

TIA.
Old 27th February 2006, 12:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

I did hear of a 8v carb e-zen for sale at 1.8L have driven it myself and was quite impressed for a daily driver. The car had met with an accident and has been repaired very cleanly(can vouch for it) has about 12K worth of work on it (minor), the package comes with the orignal zen engine (other than esteem one that has been fitted), wheels(for the orig zen), mags and no music system. PM me if you are interested.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote