Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 8th April 2011, 10:57   #1
BHPian

Default Pandit Automotive pune overcharging for punto central locking

pandit automotive pune is charging rs 12.5k for fiat branded central locking installation even though MRP is 8.5k.

Is the price justified ?
has anyone got fiat central locking installed for punto active?
how much does it cost including installation ?

as far as i know there is no other alternative fiat workshop in pune.
ms001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 15:37   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Pandit Automotive pune overcharging for punto central locking

whatever the case is, selling more than MRP is illegal, but they can charge you for installation, but not that much 4k. i think the product is in demand, but still its illegal. you can get that central locking in mumbai/new delhi at cheaper price, you can order by phone and once you get it, you can fit with an help from an electrician by giving him labour for around Rs.200-300 depending on work.

Thats the best idea, get spare from shop.try it. even from coimbatore people are ordering spares for landcruiser, pajero from mumbai and delhi and fitting in coimbatore. but this will take more than 3-4 days . but worth the wait.

Last edited by rajivanoj : 8th April 2011 at 15:40.
rajivanoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 15:48   #3
BHPian

good suggestion but problem is finding a good installer who has done this before.
as this is not a straight forward plug and play install as par as i know
Old 8th April 2011, 17:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

The installation is not straight forward - the Fiat approved Autocop unit contains 4 actuators and the central locking unit, but charging 4K for fitting is a bit too much.

Why do not you try any other TASS in your city? Or, try any autocop authorized shops and ask them if they can provide you the same part, or alternatively, if you get the part, ask them whether they can fix it.
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 18:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

These are often fitted by Autocop personnel or by people trained by them. You can contact Autocop people and I am sure, you can get it fitted by them. In fact if problems arise from the central locking system, it is the Autocop guys who come to look at them and fix them.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 19:02   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Dont we get Autocop KeyLess entry systems - Complete Set, for about ~3-4k?.

So at 8.5MRP, isn't even the Fiat one double the usual price, let alone the additional 4k?.

I would advise you to go to a good Autocop dealer, and get the same fitted for ~4k.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 19:31   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
The installation is not straight forward - the Fiat approved Autocop unit contains 4 actuators and the central locking unit, but charging 4K for fitting is a bit too much.

Why do not you try any other TASS in your city? Or, try any autocop authorized shops and ask them if they can provide you the same part, or alternatively, if you get the part, ask them whether they can fix it.
this is for my brother's car who is in pune there is no other TASS in pune
Old 8th April 2011, 20:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Recently, 2 Tata showrooms called Millenium Motors and Acumen Motors were inaugurated in Pune, but I'm not sure if they cater to Fiat products. Your bro can call and ask them.

Even if they don't, it'll be more affordable for your brother to drive down to Mumbai and get the central locking fitting done from one of the numerous Tata-Fiat service centres there, rather than pay 4k over the MRP.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 8th April 2011 at 21:07.
comfortablynumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 00:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

pandit is notorious for looting customers by some way or the another.

i suggest you get a nice autocop central locking from good accessory shop.

Fiat allows installation of electrical accessories provided they are done without cutting wires.

they charged me 2000 for fitting seat covers but it was worth the job as all the seats need to be taken out.

they charged 200 rs to just stick the door sill plates. even a 4th std kid can do it within 5 minutes.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 23:58   #10
BHPian

i got a after market system , an autocop installed from Bhandari auto on JM road , total for 4850 . NO wire cutting and fitted with all four actuators cuz my active also didnt have actuators . I've heard that the newer active models , post 2010 come with actuators fitted so they dont need actuators . If hez ready to get it done I would suggest Bhandari auto on JM road or Carax on the mumbai pune highway , both owned by the same person and he also offers discounts when you mention T-BHP .
gautamkhadse is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 13:03   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Recently, 2 Tata showrooms called Millenium Motors and Acumen Motors were inaugurated in Pune, but I'm not sure if they cater to Fiat products. Your bro can call and ask them.
By default, all Tata showrooms cater to Fiat as well.
@Chaand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 13:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
i got a after market system , an autocop installed from Bhandari auto on JM road , total for 4850 . NO wire cutting and fitted with all four actuators cuz my active also didnt have actuators . I've heard that the newer active models , post 2010 come with actuators fitted so they dont need actuators . If hez ready to get it done I would suggest Bhandari auto on JM road or Carax on the mumbai pune highway , both owned by the same person and he also offers discounts when you mention T-BHP .
If the new models comes with pre installed actuators, it is a good news. Can you please post or PM me the details of the autocop central locking system you installed? Is it same as what you get from FIAT?
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 16:41   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
only 2009 model came with actuators not anymore.
anyway as suggested he checked with carax they have it in stock will get it installed there.

thanks for the suggestions.

also my brother got a letter from tata 2 new dealerships have been started in pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
If the new models comes with pre installed actuators, it is a good news. Can you please post or PM me the details of the autocop central locking system you installed? Is it same as what you get from FIAT?
if you are in bangalore you can get the fiat branded central locking installed i think dealers here do not charge such high installation .

Last edited by Eddy : 10th April 2011 at 20:07. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins. Thanks.
Old 10th April 2011, 20:06   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
pandit automotive pune is charging rs 12.5k for fiat branded central locking installation even though MRP is 8.5k.

Is the price justified ?
Of course it isn't.
Unfortunately, overcharging is a norm with our dealers; They can often get customers into getting the accessories purchased and installed at the dealer, often at the time of delivery, under the guise of "Why to play with the warranty saar?", "Our accessories are of better quality","When you take home the new car why not take (it) fully loaded?" etc.

Buying outside may not be a solution when it comes to merchandise, OE alloys etc, but you can definitely get stuff done outside for Central locking for 5k, body kit for an SX4 at half the price, 3k for an i10's spoiler against Trident's 9k price, provided the place you get it done is reliable.
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 23:05   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
By default, all Tata showrooms cater to Fiat as well.

no not at all. not necessary all tata showrooms cater to fiat.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote