Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On modifying a car

Old 8th June 2016, 19:33   #616
BHPian

Has anyone changed the tires in Lodgy? I am thinking of something similar to the ones in Duster. Any suggestions?
Regards
Ramesh
Rameshdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 21:49   #617
BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit
I have just changed the tires of my EcoSport.

Right after crossing 100 kmph the steering is becoming loose and starts jerking. While installing new sets of tire I have aligned the wheels at the tire store. I guess this is related to the tires?
Have you got Balancing done? The Tyres might be out of balance. Get the Balancing done and check again.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2016, 09:08   #618
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Have you got Balancing done? The Tyres might be out of balance. Get the Balancing done and check again.
I am sure the balancing was done. I will do it once again, Thanks for your advice.
Uprasenjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 11:13   #619
BHPian

Has anyone ordered tyres from Paytm? How has been your experience? I looking to order a set of 4 Yoko Earth 1. They have cash back offer of 15% on ordering upto 3 units of any tyre. So I intend to place 2 orders of 2 nos. each.
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 11:22   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Has anyone ordered tyres from Paytm? How has been your experience? I looking to order a set of 4 Yoko Earth 1. They have cash back offer of 15% on ordering upto 3 units of any tyre. So I intend to place 2 orders of 2 nos. each.

I had ordered 4 falken sincera's for my Corolla as they were at a terrific price on paytm. It was my first time when I had ordered tyres online and my biggest worry was old manufactured tyres. Surprisingly the tyres were manufactured in the same month (3 of them & 1 tyre was a month old). Have had them for over 3 months and 2.5k kms. No issues faced. Paytm process and cash back was smooth. Although I couldn't use their service for fitting them as I got it done from a near by tyre store. Was able to sell of the bridgestones that I had on my Corolla at a decent price to a different shop. Total cost-11.5k for 4 tyres( including cash back and buy-back for the old tyres).

Have used earth1's on my wagonr and had no complaints. With the cash back paytm is offering you will be getting yourself a sweet deal.

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2016, 12:06   #621
BHPian

Can the upgrade be made from 155/65 R14 to 165/70 R14? I know the speedo error is 5% but is there any other issue with this upgrade?
Old 21st July 2016, 12:36   #622
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Can the upgrade be made from 155/65 R14 to 165/70 R14? I know the speedo error is 5% but is there any other issue with this upgrade?
You should be reducing the aspect ratio while going for wider tyres to keep ground clearance the same. Increasing ground clearance will increase the chances of your car flipping over in case of any impact.
mxh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 11:29   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
I had ordered 4 falken sincera's for my Corolla as they were at a terrific price on paytm. It was my first time when I had ordered tyres online and my biggest worry was old manufactured tyres. Surprisingly the tyres were manufactured in the same month (3 of them & 1 tyre was a month old). Have had them for over 3 months and 2.5k kms. No issues faced. Paytm process and cash back was smooth. Although I couldn't use their service for fitting them as I got it done from a near by tyre store. Was able to sell of the bridgestones that I had on my Corolla at a decent price to a different shop. Total cost-11.5k for 4 tyres( including cash back and buy-back for the old tyres).

Have used earth1's on my wagonr and had no complaints. With the cash back paytm is offering you will be getting yourself a sweet deal.

Asit
I finally ordered 4 Earth 1 tyres from Paytm yesterday. It cost me 15824 and a cash back of 2644. Net cost 13.2k excluding installation and alignment. The delivery is scheduled over the next weekend. Let's see how it goes.
Old 27th July 2016, 20:27   #624
BHPian

Hi. I have Goodyear tires on my Elite i20 CRDi. The tires didn't last long, just 24000 kms. I am in the market for a new set of tires. Kindly suggest me some good brand as I am spoilt for options and am damn confused.

The current size is the stock 195/55/R16. Also i would like to upsize to 205/55/R16. Is this the correct upsize? Does this affect the performance of the brakes and suspension?

Experts kindly guide me.

Regards
Asta_la_vista
Asta_la_vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2016, 09:53   #625
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am about to get my ISUZU DMAX VCROSS in a weeks time and was looking out to replace the tyres with AT's.

Any suggestions on which ones I should buy please.

Thanks,
Sundeep
sundeepg71 is offline   Reply With Quote