Team-BHP - 2013 Indian Formula1 Grand Prix tickets now on sale
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motor-Sports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-sports/)
-   -   2013 Indian Formula1 Grand Prix tickets now on sale (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-sports/139852-2013-indian-formula1-grand-prix-tickets-now-sale.html)

Link to News Section

Jaypee Sports International (JPSI), the promoter of the Indian Formula1 Grand Prix held at the Buddh International Circuit (BIC), has commenced ticket sales for the 2013 race. The Grand Prix will be held between the 25th and 27th of October. After a good turnout in the first edition of the Indian GP, attendance plummeted in the second season. This seems to have prompted Jaypee Sports to drop prices of the tickets for the 2013 Indian F1 GP, in order to attract more spectators.

2013 Indian Formula1 Grand Prix tickets now on sale-airtel-formula1-grand-prix.jpg

The least priced tickets for the GP are the race day-only/Sunday tickets, priced at 1,500 rupees. These tickets give spectators access to the BIC only on the race day, i.e. the 27th of October. The Sunday tickets are available along with the season tickets, which give spectators full weekend access to the BIC. The Sunday tickets are also available in multiple denominations. Here's the pricing chart for the 2013 Indian GP tickets.

2013 Indian Formula1 Grand Prix tickets now on sale-2013-indian-f1-gp-ticket-prices.jpg

Tickets can be booked online through BookMyShow while select Mercedes Benz dealerships (Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chandigarh and Pune) across India will also sell the tickets. The Indian F1 GP will be a no show in 2014, and the Grand Prix is expected to make a comeback in 2015 and 2016, with a proposed March time line for the race. In the meantime, Jaypee Sports is expected to sort out the taxation issues surrounding the Indian GP, as aspect that F1 teams are said to be unhappy about. Click here to read about why the 2014 Indian GP has been cancelled.

I have booked my tickets for the race day at the Main Grand stand!

Any idea where is the pick up point for the bus leaving from Noida to Buddh?it just mentions city centre in the booking form.

Wow!
Those are some serious discounts.
I'll wait this time around since last time, there were a LOT of grandstand free passes floating around close to the race.
Otherwise, its picnic stand, this time with all the atram-shatram of umpbrellas, food, drinks and smokes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 3200868)
Wow!
I'll wait this time around since last time, there were a LOT of grandstand free passes floating around close to the race.
Otherwise, its picnic stand, this time with all the atram-shatram of umpbrellas, food, drinks and smokes.

I did that last year. In 2011 paid for the tickets. In 2012, participated in an Airtel F1 contest and won premium stand tickets :D
Closer to the race day, lots of colleagues were brandishing "SOME" stand tickets for all three days - all free ofcourse gotten from corporates and friends.
I got it from them since they weren't interested enough to go for the races.

SOME = Grand clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mik (Post 3200912)
I did that last year. In 2011 paid for the tickets. In 2012, participated in an Airtel F1 contest and won premium stand tickets :D
Closer to the race day, lots of colleagues were brandishing "SOME" stand tickets for all three days - all free ofcourse gotten from corporates and friends.
I got it from them since they weren't interested enough to go for the races.

SOME = Grand clap:

I know this has been answered before but how much time will it take to reach airport from track after the race. I need to fly back to Bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay380 (Post 3200933)
I know this has been answered before but how much time will it take to reach airport from track after the race. I need to fly back to Bangalore.

4 hours, maybe 5 just for being on the safer front.
2-3 of which will be spent getting to the DND(delhi noida tollroad) from the track.

Quote:

Plan for a 3 hour window if you have a car at your disposal. Don't stick around for the presentation as the traffic gets stuck at the exit.

Edit: Saw Mayank's post. I take the kalindikunj bridge to go back to Gurgaon (same route as airport) and it has worked well for me. But yes, 4 hours should be good.

Alternatively, via Metro
Take Botanical garden metro station (only if you left early)
Go to New Delhi metro station.
TAke the airport express metro (Barely a 25 min ride to the airport)
This is assuming you are going to T3.

Anyone from Mumbai interested in going to watch F1 this year? We can plan to go together if we can.

Quote:

I would reckon you plan your return for a monday morning (1st flight out ) ,post race on sunday like others have mentioned its a chaos (I was stuck in the buddh complex for like an hour )

If the last flight out of delhi to bangalore is not beyond 10pm, makes sense to come back monday morning:thumbs up

Don't think I'll make it to the race this year. Will plan for 2015 when the new V6 turbo's will be inaction :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by carfreak (Post 3199148)
Any idea where is the pick up point for the bus leaving from Noida to Buddh?it just mentions city centre in the booking form.

I took the bus last year on Qualifying day. Once you exit the Metro station there will be signs pointing you to the bus parking - an open ground. There are different buses for each stand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 3200868)
Wow!

I'm hoping to catch the race this year, being the last time we get to see V8 cars racing in India!

Had a few doubts, hope you can help me out-
1. All I can afford is the picnic stand, so which one is better? north or south? Going by the track layout (on bookmyshow), the North stand seems the best! And I hope it has giant screens.

2. I'll be coming from Hyderabad so where in Noida should i stay? Was planning on buying the season pass so need a place as close to the track as possible!

3. What all do I need to carry for the picnic stand? As in umbrella, bed spreads, foldable/portable chairs etc? And food? And can we really smoke there?!:D

4. Will there be any merchandise for sale at the venue?

5. Which stand overlooks the DRS zone? Star Stand East?

I guess that's a lot of questions but that's how excited I am! Have to give DJ Hardwell's Bangalore concert a miss to save for F1 lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyn (Post 3205467)
I'm hoping to catch the race this year, being the last time we get to see V8 cars racing in India!

Had a few doubts, hope you can help me out-
---------------------------SNIP----------------------I guess that's a lot of questions but that's how excited I am! Have to give DJ Hardwell's Bangalore concert a miss to save for F1 lol:

1. All I can afford is the picnic stand, so which one is better? north or south? Going by the track layout (on bookmyshow), the North stand seems the best! And I hope it has giant screens.

I went with south, but I have heard that North is better. You can take a call. At north, youll get a lot of braking, at south you have some nice speeds coming out.

2. I'll be coming from Hyderabad so where in Noida should i stay? Was planning on buying the season pass so need a place as close to the track as possible!

Why stay in noida?
You can look up hotels in Noida, just go to hotels.com, or MMT, and look for NOTHING LOWER than 3*. If lower, itll be a hut.
Better would be book something in CP now.(Connaught place, central delhi).

3. What all do I need to carry for the picnic stand? As in umbrella, bed spreads, foldable/portable chairs etc? And food? And can we really smoke there?!:D

All of them.
And yes.

4. Will there be any merchandise for sale at the venue?
There is overpriced merchandise on sale at the venue, yes.

5. Which stand overlooks the DRS zone? Star Stand East?

star stand 1 east.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 3206015)
Why stay in noida?
You can look up hotels in Noida, just go to hotels.com, or MMT, and look for NOTHING LOWER than 3*. If lower, itll be a hut.
Better would be book something in CP now.(Connaught place, central delhi).

Thanks for the response!

Just checked on hotels.com, hotels close by to noida city centre are really expensive!

Is connaught place close to the track too? The hotels are cheaper there.

How do i commute to the track? I was thinking the bus service provided by Buddh, they apparently pick up from city center noida. How long would reaching city center noida from connaught place take by metro? From there I can take the bus service, right?

PS: I have no idea about Delhi/Noida!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyn (Post 3206377)
Thanks for the response!Just checked on hotels.com, hotels close by to noida city centre are really expensive!

Yes you can get a metro. Or plop for a cab at about 7-800 bucks. It'll take about an hour, hour and a half

^^ People,
Have certain stands been removed? In 2011, I had seats adjacent to the 'Picnic Stand North' (between that & 'Star Stand East') - can't remember the name now. It had an awesome view as it was on an elevated level and right in front of an almost 360 degree turn of the race track. I can't see that section available in the map.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyn (Post 3206377)
How do i commute to the track?

@shyn,
Another option - wait for bhpians to confirm their purchase of tickets. PM a few of them and you could do carpooling with one of them. In 2011, I had two bhpians - @dippy & another bhpian doing the same with me. All 3 days, I would pick them up enroute and similarly on the return, drop them at one of the metro stations in Delhi post the race.