Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports

Old 17th July 2010, 10:06   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Shell Competition : Win a driving day with Ferrari

Excerpts from the official communication received:

Quote:
Shell Helix Offers Its Fans the Chance to Win an exclusive driving day with Ferrari:

The winners will:
• Get the chance to visit the home of Ferrari – Maranello, Italy

• Have an opportunity to work with Ferrari mechanics on a genuine Ferrari Formula OneTM car

• Experience a passenger ride in a Ferrari GT car

• Win assured gifts like Adidas bag, digital camera or gold coins

Mumbai, India – Shell Lubricants for the third consecutive year gives a golden opportunity to its consumers to visit Maranello (Italy), the home of Ferrari with Shell Helix Motor Oils.

Have you ever dreamt what it would be like to be taught how to drive a new Ferrari by a Formula One driver? Just buy a pack of Shell Helix Ultra (4L) or Shell Helix HX5 (3L/3.5L) and get a chance to be one of the few lucky people who will have this lifetime experience.

Only a few people from around the world, will get the chance to race around Ferrari’s famous test track, experience the exhilaration of a Ferrari road car, and go behind the scenes at the home of Ferrari with Shell Helix. A select group of winners will be flown to the famous town of Maranello, the home of Shell’s long-standing technical partner Ferrari, Italy in November 2010 to take part in an exclusive driving day with Ferrari.

Throughout the two-day experience of a lifetime, guests will begin to understand what it is like to be part of the Ferrari legend. From racing around Ferrari’s famous test track with a Ferrari Formula One™ driver in Ferrari road cars to eating in the renowned Ristorante Cavallino, the winners will experience the emotion and excitement that only Shell together with Ferrari can provide.

In addition to becoming a Ferrari driver for the day, the winners will get an exclusive look behind the scenes of the Ferrari GT factory where Shell engineers work hand-in-hand with their counterparts at Ferrari to develop the latest engine lubricants that help to clean and protect the engine of each car that drives off the production line.

The lucky winners will also get a tour of the Sporting Department where the team makes the world-famous Formula One cars. Finally, a look at Ferrari historic race and road cars in the Galleria Ferrari museum will combine to make the Shell Helix Ultra Ferrari Adventure the most exclusive and memorable two days in the life of any motoring fan.

Every customer who purchases Shell Helix Ultra (4L) or Shell Helix HX5 (3L/3.5L) needs to scratch the coupon on the pack to win the assured gift like an Adidas bag, a digital camera or a gold coin. The closing date for entries is 30 September 2010. The winners will be chosen in October and duly informed.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 20:41   #2
BHPian

Default Where can i get new stock?

Hello all,

I really liked this promotion and wanted to take part. So thought of getting Shell Helix HX5 3Ltr for my ALTO (due for 20k service shortly).
I went to the motor market. There were lots of shops that had shell Engine Oil, one was even exclusive shell outlet. But all of them had old oil.
I checked various packings of 3L/3.5L and even 4L in over 10 shops, most of which dated around one year back.
The latest i could find was Mfd. 9 Apr 2010. But even that did not have the offer. I even wrote to shell about their authorised dealer near chandigarh on their 'enqiries and feedback' link. A certain Manish Arora replied and asked me how much oil i wanted. When i wrote to him that i needed one or two 3L packs, he did not even bother to respond back!
The offer closes on 30th September. Can someone please tell me where i can find genuine shell oil with the offer in or around chandigarh.
guptavis is offline   Reply With Quote