Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports

Old 24th August 2011, 08:33   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Want to be a Track Marshall at the Indian F1 GP? EDIT: Now closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Any news on tickets ? Or does it depend on jack as with most good things in life ? I feel fairly blacked out about the Indian GP in Mumbai
They are on sale online. Look up JPSI website. AFAIK this was splashed across all new papers on Monday last. Yes if you do not buy in time "jack to lagana hee pade ga"
sudev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 13:31   #377
BHPian

Time is running out. Already 30%+ of tickets in some stands are sold out. Organizers themselves expect tickets to be sold out in 10 days.
Flight tickets are getting expensive. How long can we wait?
At least isn't it fair to inform those who haven't made the cut?
SilentEngine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 23:54   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Time is running out. Already 30%+ of tickets in some stands are sold out. Organizers themselves expect tickets to be sold out in 10 days.
Flight tickets are getting expensive. How long can we wait?
At least isn't it fair to inform those who haven't made the cut?
Some of my pals,whose knowledge/interest about F1/Racing is nothing but a big FAT Zero, are happily booking tickets from online sites.The way everyone around Delhi/North/Bangalore/Mumbai is going mad for the F1 tickets means they wouldn't last long for sale. I am in a big dilemma whether to buy one or wait for the list?

If I do not make it to the Marshal training program and not buy the ticket too, only I know how big a fool I'd be?

I just don't want to miss this GP. No way!
Shivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 16:05   #379
BHPian

Exactly my feelings too... it's a really big dilemma whether to book or not to book the tickets.. :(
niteshbids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 20:38   #380
Senior - BHPian

Will a DSLR allowed on the track ???
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 11:55   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Will a DSLR allowed on the track ???
Are you going to be on track as a spectator or marshal? As a marshal, the answer is a big fat NO. As a spectator, I don't know for sure but I guess it will be allowed?
KiloAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 13:11   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha

Are you going to be on track as a spectator or marshal? As a marshal, the answer is a big fat NO. As a spectator, I don't know for sure but I guess it will be allowed?
Yeah! As a Marshall you won't even have time to see what's coming from behind you leave alone to capture a shot. As a spectator most of the tracks allow the cameras, however it is asked not to click with flash lights. It's distraction for drivers if you are straight ahead and flashing them.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 14:50   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I am going as a Spectator. They have allowed camera but they are saying no to the professional ones. I think they must be saying DSLR. Here is a link of the same...

Terms and Conditions : 2011 FORMULA 1 AIRTEL GRAND PRIX OF INDIA - Buddh International Circuit tickets on BookMyshow.com - Vrrrrooom!!!
Check out the 17th point.

and this link..
2011 FORMULA 1 AIRTEL GRAND PRIX OF INDIA, Buddh International Circuit.F1 tickets India
Check the List of prohibited items Point no 6.

What is the fun of attending the F1 race when you cannot take good pictures. Are the DSLR camera allowed on the international track ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
As a spectator most of the tracks allow the cameras, however it is asked not to click with flash lights. It's distraction for drivers if you are straight ahead and flashing them.
They are allowing normal camera they all have a built in flash then it would pose a problem ????
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 15:03   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker

I am going as a Spectator. They have allowed camera but they are saying no to the professional ones.

They are allowing normal camera they all have a built in flash then it would pose a problem ????
I suppose the Media rights and photos are paid for at the circuit thus no professional photographers allowed.

It was specifically mentioned during Marshall induction program that Cameras will not be allowed however post race there will be ample time to click the stars as it will be marshals and officials dinner or meeting of sorts.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 10:07   #385
BHPian

Got following SMS a minute ago:

Hi. You are shortlisted to undergo special training as an F1 marshal. 2-day training session - Fri 9th Sep to Sat 10th Sep at JPSI, Greater Noida (Delhi). Attendance at this training is a must for final selection as an official for the Indian F1. Pl arrange your own travel and stay. More details to follow.

Yipee. cheers, Sid
sid1509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 10:17   #386
Senior - BHPian

^^ Got the exact message.

Far too little, far too late.

Now, is this training going to held only in Noida? If so, it will be practically impossible for those out of NCR to attend it; that it at such relatively short notice (read high airfares).

I have purchased a 8500 ticket for the GP; if the training is going to be held in Bangalore too; then I'll ask them if the ticket can be cancelled. Else, bye bye to marshalling.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 11:33   #387
BHPian

Haven't received any message yet, but the whole thing sounds just too harshly impractical.

First, they wouldn't inform anyone about the happenings and processing. Then, they hold a training/selection session, that too at a place and time when it's going to be almost impossible for most of us to attend.

What is also needed to be taken into account is the number of days one would be taking a leave for from work/college/business. Say 3-4 days for the training/selection procedure and another week during the race! Very very poor management. Very inefficient. Too much delay earlier and too short notice now!

What was once a very good move by Team Bhp is now just as dead as the horse above because of IMMC's lack of communication!!
MARCUS_520i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 13:26   #388
BHPian

Hi,

Those who got the sms, can you please tell us if you know what grade was given on your forms that you submitted on the induction date?
niteshbids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 13:31   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshbids View Post
Those who got the sms, can you please tell us if you know what grade was given on your forms that you submitted on the induction date?
Grade? What grade? I got the SMS this morning, but no grade mentioned anywhere.

Why do you think the forms we filled in during induction will be graded?
KiloAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 13:35   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Grade? What grade? I got the SMS this morning, but no grade mentioned anywhere.

Why do you think the forms we filled in during induction will be graded?
When i had submitted the form at the time of induction, they wrote a grade on all the forms that they were collecting at that very moment.
niteshbids is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote