Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2011, 19:29   #466
BHPian
 
niranjanrvce's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 312
Thanked: 322 Times
Default Re: Want to be a Track Marshall at the Indian F1 GP? EDIT: Now closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
What are the options for Staying in Noida? What kind of arrangements are people from Bangalore and other places making?
Same question. Anyone from B'lore/Hyd booked acco yet? Can the Delhi/Nodia guys suggest some place to stay close to the location? Not many Noida hotels show up on travel sites.
niranjanrvce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 19:52   #467
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sudev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,435
Thanked: 1,914 Times
Default Re: Want to be a Track Marshall at the Indian F1 GP? EDIT: Now closed.

Blues have it.

The other reason for Amity gate was that it is within walking distance of Botanical Garden Metro. So now these folks may have to walk another half km (or take a rickshaw)

But let me repeat Blues have it.
sudev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 20:04   #468
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sudev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,435
Thanked: 1,914 Times
Default Re: Want to be a Track Marshall at the Indian F1 GP? EDIT: Now closed.

Interesting option being discussed on FB for stay arrangements :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/f1ma...group_activity
sudev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 23:38   #469
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Want to be a Track Marshall at the Indian F1 GP? EDIT: Now closed.

Thanks nkapoor777 and sid1509 for the pickup assurance from Mahamaya Flyover(Blue Arrow).

I'll loaf around a bit of Central Delhi till 8th evening and book a hotel. Outstation guys who would like to share the acco PM me your number.

P.S 9th morning metro ride from central delhi to Botanical Garden should not take more than 1.5hrs (correct me if I am wrong).
veyronrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 23:41   #470
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Want to be a Track Marshall at the Indian F1 GP? EDIT: Now closed.

We seem to have created a good run up to the meet. I will be put up in Indrapuram, anyone passing by or can suggest how best I get to the meeting point. Will be arriving by 11pm tomorrow at Delhi.
sidgera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 06:35   #471
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 18
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Want to be a Track Marshall at the Indian F1 GP? EDIT: Now closed.

Hi,

Quick question - is Jaypee School the same place where the introductory sessions were held?

I'll be driving from West Delhi via Ring Road. PM if you wish to join me.
psmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 07:20   #472
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Patna
Posts: 41
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Want to be a Track Marshall at the Indian F1 GP? EDIT: Now closed.

@psmith, ya its the same school where the induction was held.
niteshbids is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 08:38   #473
BHPian
 
nitin.rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 327
Thanked: 235 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyronrocks

P.S 9th morning metro ride from central delhi to Botanical Garden should not take more than 1.5hrs (correct me if I am wrong).
From Rajiv chowk it takes about 40 minutes to botanical garden by metro. Keep 20 more for the commute from botanical garden to rendezvous point.
nitin.rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 11:05   #474
BHPian
 
mashmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 348
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: Want to be a Track Marshall at the Indian F1 GP? EDIT: Now closed.

Just received a mail from Sudev Brar. This is getting exciting. Doing early shift in office today, to catch the evening flight to Delhi. A bit surprised, there is no one else from Hyderabad.
mashmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 13:26   #475
Senior - BHPian
 
asr245's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,134
Thanked: 351 Times
Default Re: Want to be a Track Marshall at the Indian F1 GP? EDIT: Now closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
The other reason for Amity gate was that it is within walking distance of Botanical Garden Metro. So now these folks may have to walk another half km (or take a rickshaw)
The crossing at botanical gardens is closed for traffic (for underpass construction). Folks travelling by metro can get down at sec-18, noida and walk till Great India Place mall (less than 300 metres from sec-18 metro station). I volunteer to pick them up from there. I will be the only one in my car (WagonR) so 3-4 more can fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyronrocks View Post
Thanks nkapoor777 and sid1509 for the pickup assurance from Mahamaya Flyover(Blue Arrow).

I'll loaf around a bit of Central Delhi till 8th evening and book a hotel. Outstation guys who would like to share the acco PM me your number.

P.S 9th morning metro ride from central delhi to Botanical Garden should not take more than 1.5hrs (correct me if I am wrong).
Please refer to my suggestion above in case you are interested.


As for hotels in Noida - I stayed in this one a few years ago as a part of a wedding party (i.e. I didn't foot the bill) -> Hotel Rama - Noida New Delhi And NCR Details: Book Online Hotel Rooms in Hotel Rama - Noida | Best Deals on New Delhi And NCR hotels Reservation at MakeMyTrip India

It's very close to Noida City Centre Metro station (about 300m).

PS: I am not affiliated to that hotel.
asr245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 14:47   #476
BHPian
 
mashmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 348
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: Want to be a Track Marshall at the Indian F1 GP? EDIT: Now closed.

Hi,

I have managed to find a place in a relative's place in South Ex. Any one traveling from this area?

MaSh
mashmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 15:39   #477
Senior - BHPian
 
Sn1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,036
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash
Hi,

I have managed to find a place in a relative's place in South Ex. Any one traveling from this area?

MaSh
I can pick you up from the intersection under the bridge as I cross this while coming from Khel Gaon side. PM me you contact number.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 15:43   #478
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Want to be a Track Marshall at the Indian F1 GP? EDIT: Now closed.

Quote:
The crossing at botanical gardens is closed for traffic (for underpass construction). Folks travelling by metro can get down at sec-18, noida and walk till Great India Place mall (less than 300 metres from sec-18 metro station). I volunteer to pick them up from there. I will be the only one in my car (WagonR) so 3-4 more can fit.
Does this mean we can not get down/use the Botanical Garden metro station? If yes please suggest an appropriate station.

Thanks.
veyronrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 16:16   #479
Senior - BHPian
 
asr245's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,134
Thanked: 351 Times
Default Re: Want to be a Track Marshall at the Indian F1 GP? EDIT: Now closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyronrocks View Post
Does this mean we can not get down/use the Botanical Garden metro station? If yes please suggest an appropriate station.

Thanks.
Nopes. Station is still open for use and you can most likely get an auto/rickshaw from there.

Sector 18 metro is the alternative.
asr245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 16:46   #480
BHPian
 
mashmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 348
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: Want to be a Track Marshall at the Indian F1 GP? EDIT: Now closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I can pick you up from the intersection under the bridge as I cross this while coming from Khel Gaon side. PM me you contact number.
Thank You so much. Number in your inbox. We shall cross the junction and wait for you.
mashmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Marshall’s life – Indian F1 Grand Prix’11 ( Buddh Int'l circuit ) harishnayak Indian Motorsport 40 12th October 2012 17:15
Jeep - Marshall CJ3b 4x4 Vehicles 25 13th August 2012 19:04
F1 Marshall - An insider's look McLaren Rulez Int'l Motorsport 62 31st August 2011 14:13
Bangalore Buddy's Meet on March 27 and 28 in Nagarhole. EDIT: Bookings closed for now asdon The Team-BHP Meet Section 686 29th March 2010 10:26
Now Closed : New Karting Track in Bombay!! Rehaan Indian Motorsport 32 25th January 2006 19:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:50.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks