Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 21:55   #76
BHPian
 
The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 604
Thanked: 601 Times
Default Re: Project Yamaha Rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Get high compression RDD head as well along with RDD filter and jet kit, that's known as basic "Stock" RDD treatment over here, worth spending.
What about putting disc break on front may be RXZ complete front if you can source one or the Gladiator unit.
Don't put 90 or 100W halogen as best will be 55/60W halogen, not good to use the 100/90 dynamo as its full potential its somehow like riding bike always at WOT. Use Swaraj Mazda dome perfect fitting and no issue of melting down of reflector.

I got the full rdd kit for my bike, so i might call it stock then. Disc breaks is a great idea (see thats what happens, you forget the main basic items while listing and its the most simplest of things to be done first are forgotten)

I didnt get your point about the WOT. ?? whats that. could you elaborate on the 100/90 pls sir.
The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 22:13   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
Ajaybiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: Project Yamaha Rx

Using the stuff at its peak capacity which is sure not a good idea, just like using the bike at full throttle(WOT) always.
And i am not sir mate just small time lerner.
Ajaybiz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 13:57   #78
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 72
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Project Yamaha Rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
The current set up will stay as is, for 3 months i will be on total hunt for the spares. Then the bike will go for full rebuild.
I have 3 Yamahas 1 Rx 100 , 2 rx 100 12 volt 3 Rxg, I strongly recommend you not to change any original configuration not even wider tyres. There is no engineering logic to satisfy my logic this is whole my personal experience. The best part of the Yamaha they are absolutely nigle free and perfect in handling.
I will tell you once I was trying to overtake a auto but did not know there was a divider was approaching I could not see the divider as you know the 6v Yamaha (RX 100) don’t have enough luminosity. The next movement there was a jerk and I was driving on the divider. I came to know this after some time I thought I hit a rack.
What I suggest you to do on the bike.
Switch back to original paint and sticker combination (any color that’s up to you) and original seat if u can get the RX 100 one not the rxg.
Only single engine guard
Change to genuine silencer and don’t cut the muffler to give you a loud sound.
There is only a drawback that you may face that if you release the clutch and don’t apply accelerator there will be some knocks, a competent mechanic can decrease it but 100% is not possible.
The key aspect is that you should get the genuine spares if need to rebore don’t change the piston just changes the complete set. Cylinder and piston)
Let me know if you needs any further information
Srinivas

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th May 2011 at 14:07. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy pasting from external font editors. Also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks
svpatra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 17:30   #79
BHPian
 
The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 604
Thanked: 601 Times
Default Re: Project Yamaha Rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by svpatra View Post
I have 3 Yamahas 1 Rx 100 , 2 rx 100 12 volt 3 Rxg, I strongly recommend you not to change any original configuration not even wider tyres. There is no engineering logic to satisfy my logic this is whole my personal experience. The best part of the Yamaha they are absolutely nigle free and perfect in handling.
I will tell you once I was trying to overtake a auto but did not know there was a divider was approaching I could not see the divider as you know the 6v Yamaha (RX 100) don’t have enough luminosity. The next movement there was a jerk and I was driving on the divider. I came to know this after some time I thought I hit a rack.
What I suggest you to do on the bike.
Switch back to original paint and sticker combination (any color that’s up to you) and original seat if u can get the RX 100 one not the rxg.
Only single engine guard
Change to genuine silencer and don’t cut the muffler to give you a loud sound.
There is only a drawback that you may face that if you release the clutch and don’t apply accelerator there will be some knocks, a competent mechanic can decrease it but 100% is not possible.
The key aspect is that you should get the genuine spares if need to rebore don’t change the piston just changes the complete set. Cylinder and piston)
Let me know if you needs any further information
Srinivas
I totally agree with you. I am not keen on doing stuff that ruins the fun of originality. Colours apart i will not try to hamper the originality. My engine dosent need re-boring and the pistons and block are in great shape (running still on stock without any oversize, without any loss of power, lucky me). What i have learn't and found out after riding several bikes is that the RDD CDi and the accompanying kit is totally essential. (hats of to Mr Rohinton Chinoy for developing such a genius thing), which i believe will be the only modification that will be done to the bike. Also the disc break kit will have to be installed.
The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 18:13   #80
BHPian
 
yamdoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indore/ Mumbai, India.
Posts: 65
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Project Yamaha Rx

Here is a stock looking Hella complete headlight for the 100/90 kit like Ajay and Jaya were said.

yamdoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 18:57   #81
BHPian
 
The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 604
Thanked: 601 Times
Default Re: Project Yamaha Rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamdoot View Post
Here is a stock looking Hella complete headlight for the 100/90 kit like Ajay and Jaya were said.


Where?? didnt get your post sir.
The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 20:02   #82
BHPian
 
yamdoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indore/ Mumbai, India.
Posts: 65
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Project Yamaha Rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Get high compression RDD head as well along with RDD filter and jet kit, that's known as basic "Stock" RDD treatment over here, worth spending.
What about putting disc break on front may be RXZ complete front if you can source one or the Gladiator unit.
Don't put 90 or 100W halogen as best will be 55/60W halogen, not good to use the 100/90 dynamo as its full potential its somehow like riding bike always at WOT. Use Swaraj Mazda dome perfect fitting and no issue of melting down of reflector.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Where?? didnt get your post sir.
This one. Jaya said it on the other forum.
yamdoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 00:48   #83
BHPian
 
The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 604
Thanked: 601 Times
Default Re: Project Yamaha Rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamdoot View Post
This one. Jaya said it on the other forum.
Ok seems that the pic didnt load earlier.

Is that the Swaraj Mazda Dome?
The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 21:10   #84
BHPian
 
The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 604
Thanked: 601 Times
Default Re: Project Yamaha Rx

Parts update..


Bought the RDD kit,
5 speed conversion kit (genuine and brand new lucky me)
Bought a new seat (genuine and og)
5 Speed crank cover (genuine from yamaha factory)
Speedo and tachometers,

Will wait for the monsoon to get over and only then i will rebuild the bike. The main reason is the bike is running totally fine as is, and once the rains stop i will go full throttle with the upgrades and cosmetics.
The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 13:24   #85
BHPian
 
The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 604
Thanked: 601 Times
Default Re: Project Yamaha Rx

Parts Update....

Rdd Kit arrives at home (100/90, Carb Jet, Uni Filter, RR unit, Cdi Unit)
Wiring harness,
Headlight dome and inner,
Rubber kit,
Brake rod,
Oil Seals and gasket kit,
Lock set,
YBX switch kit,
Ignition set (RXZ directly lockable)
Rxz Belly,
Brake, Accelerator etc all cables,
Nut bolts set,
Oil indicator glass,

Lots of parts pending so will update as soon as they arrive.
The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 16:55   #86
BHPian
 
The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 604
Thanked: 601 Times
Default Re: Project Yamaha Rx

Got the handlebar welded as i wanted. Gone for chrome.
The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 15:19   #87
BHPian
 
The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 604
Thanked: 601 Times
Default Re: Project Yamaha Rx

Project halted.

This bike has been sold !

Will update on my new RXZ 5 Speed rebuild project soon.
The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 23:23   #88
BHPian
 
The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 604
Thanked: 601 Times
Default Re: Project Yamaha Rx

Am back... as the Prophecy was foretold....this bike was meant to be !!...... the rebuild has begun.

After months and months of confusing conversations and change of hearts, i nearly got brain damaged with the decisions. Too many calculations too many wrong decisions and finally i land up with the most desired bike i always wanted. .... yes i finally settled for only the best of the best.

Will make a new thread and post that rebuild with all the details there.

Thanks to all my friends here who helped me out !

Cheers !
The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 15:45   #89
BHPian
 
ramki067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 562
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Project Yamaha Rx

well well well!!! RX is changing colors like a chameleon Wishing you success for the re-build of RXZ 5 speed!
ramki067 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 00:06   #90
BHPian
 
The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 604
Thanked: 601 Times
Default Re: Project Yamaha Rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
@ The Great
If I were you, I would drop the RXG, RX 135 etc from the list and include the Shogun and Shaolin. My choice would be as follows;

1) Yamaha RX 100

2) Suzuki Shogun

3) Suzuki Shaolin.
Ended up buying 2 Bikes and rebuilding simultainuously....

The SHOGUN and the 135 5 speed.

(believe me sir it was your post that led me to research on shoguns and shaolins and finally after riding a few i got really inclined to do a shogun rebuild for myself)
The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Titan - Apple's rumored new Electric Car Project bharat.joshi The International Automotive Scene 30 5th December 2016 19:04
Yamaha 80cc (Pearl Yamaha) hillram Motorbikes 35 14th February 2015 18:03
Yamaha Papercraft, DIY kit | Must read for Yamaha Lovers abhisheksircar Motorbikes 30 28th November 2010 17:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks