Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2011, 12:30   #1
BHPian
 
benzinblut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Bombay
Posts: 425
Thanked: 206 Times
Default Hitches in transferring my Yamaha RX135 - Help required

I recently bought a used yamaha Rx135 and want to transfer it in my name. I contacted 3 different RTO agents and got different opinions and varying rates from each of them. I give below details and then seek your help:

About the bike and papers available:
  • Registration: Oct-1998. Single owner.
  • Bike is MH02 (andheri) RTO. To be tranferred to MH43 (vashi) RTO. The number will not change.
  • RC book available with NOC endorsed from finance company (loan closed)
  • Insurance, PUC, Form 28, 29 and 30 all available
  • All papers are clean
  • Supposingly there was a Municipal tax for vehicles upto 1999. If this is the case, I dont have any such receipt.
  • Chasis Print: The column with the chassis no. is rusted. The chasis no is not readable and a chassis print is impossible. The bike has been buffed and painted and even the faint traces are now gone.
My experience with the RTO agents:

1) RTO Agent Sameer Traning School, Vashi
I trust this agent in vashi and have got other RTO work done by them. His quotation:
  • NOC from MH02 + Transfer to MH43 + Issue of Smart Card
  • Municipal Tax: Municipal Tax paid receipt is required for registrations till 1999. Since I dont have it, he has to get NOC from some municipal office in worli/prabhadevi. This will cost me Rs. 1500-2000 extra.
  • Green Tax: Not applicable as the vehicle is less than 15 years old.
  • Chassis Print: He doesnt know of anyone who can punch chassis no. He says its ok if I punch similar font size and take a chassis print for the transfer.
  • Total Cost: Rs. 4500 (All incl. Also incl Municipal Tax NOC)
  • Time: Within 30 days
2) Nisar Chougule - An RTO agent at Vashi RTO
I got this contact from Just Dial. He sits in the Vashi RTO building. His quotation:
  • NOC from MH02 + Transfer to MH43 + Issue of Smart Card: Rs. 1900
  • Municipal Tax: Receipt not required. This shouldnt' be a problem
  • Green Tax: This is a must. Green Tax must be paid as a rule was passed in Sep'10. Quoted Rs 2900 for this alone.
  • Chassis Print: He says that the RTO issues a new chassis number and once I get the number, I should get it punched (at any local mechanic). He says that even if it wont match the original fonts, atleast it will be a genuine no: Rs 700. Punching would be extra at my cost.
  • Cost: Transfer: 1900
  • Chassis No: 700
  • Green Tax: 2900
  • Time: Within 30 days
3) Akku Auto Advisor - An RTO agent at Andheri
I got this contact from T-bhp directory. Spoke to Mr. Murad. His quotation:
  • NOC from MH02 + Transfer to MH43 + Issue of Smart Card
  • Municipal Tax: Receipt is not required. This shouldnt' be a problem
  • Green Tax: Not applicable as the vehicle is less than 15 years old.
  • Chassis No: He doesnt advise at punching new numbers myself. He wants to scrape off the paint and see the old number. (I know that the number is now buffed off and he wont find it). Discourages against punching new numbers as it might be a problem while tranfering. He also said that we could try putting the papers with an engine print instead of a chassis print for the transfer (as the chassis no is the same as the enigne no but has additional 3 numbers).
  • Total Cost: 2550
  • Time: Atleast 30 days
My situtation:

I purchased the bike to bring back memories of my childhood and will keep the bike with with me all my life. I took some time in chosing a bike with clean papers but dint expect this problem at all. I have observed that most Rx owners are considered to be notorious and are on the cops rader always. I want my papers to be clean and dont want to ride around with any flaw in my papers. FYI: after Aug-2013, the bike has to renew registration every 5 years. I am looking to a permanent solution for the chassis no.

Regarding the chassis no punching, I visited a few mechanics and no one had facility to punch the numbers. Even yamaha service centres say that the RTO stoped this and they are not allowed to do it. I have a set of number punches with me and also could get them punched alligned as a set. But their font doesnt' match with the original ones. The orignal punches have a very uncommon font shape and I doubt if font punches like these are available in the market.

I think that the case is a bit complicated and so I would prefer if I could get the job done at Vashi, where I stay. However, if someone knows a sure trustworty agent, I am willing to consider that as well. The job should be complete and correct. I need help on the following:

1) How should I solve the Chassis print problem?

2) Is the Municipal Tax applicable in my case? If yes, How?

3) Am I liable to pay Green Tax?

4) What procedure should I follow?
benzinblut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 12:44   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default Re: Hitches in tranfering my Rx135 - Help required

You will need to get the Chasis No embossed on a metal sheet, neatly welded over the existing one and then neatly painted with no traces of external job, thats the only way I can suggest.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 13:20   #3
BHPian
 
Naparajito's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 82 Times
Default Re: Hitches in tranfering my Rx135 - Help required

This thread should be moved to MOTORBIKE section.
Naparajito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 20:47   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
el lobo 6061's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,496
Thanked: 978 Times
Default Re: Hitches in tranfering my Rx135 - Help required

benzinblut I too have some what the same story but with different 2 wheeler.
I recently got my 15 yrs old JAN 1996 Kinetic Honda DX registration renewed for 5 yrs at RTO Navi Mumbai. Mine Kinetic too didn't have the chassis no as it got rusted and scrapped of with regular dips in potholes and 15 yrs is quite a lot of time.
So during renewal of registration I told the police inspector that the chassis number has got scrapped of, he told me to get the engine no imprinted on a piece of paper and verified the vehicle on the basis of engine no. If your RX has engine no imprinted get it verified through it and don't try to have the chassis number imprinted or welded it will cause more trouble and be truthful to the RTO, even they know such problem arise with such old vehicles.
Regarding Green Tax, it is only to be paid by a vehicle which is 15 yrs or older, so it is not applicable to your vehicle.
No idea what this municipal tax is, I'm aware of only two tax those are road tax which is paid for 15 yrs and paid again when you renew your registration after 15 yrs and green tax which is paid when you renew your vehicle registration after 15 yrs.
I would suggest you to directly goto RTO Navi Mumbai and ask them about your problem and they will help you out. Later when you know what is to be done have a agent employed to do your work. As you already esquired about it, no agent will fool around you.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 12:06   #5
BHPian
 
The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 604
Thanked: 600 Times
Default Re: Hitches in transferring my Yamaha RX135 - Help required

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
I recently bought a used yamaha Rx135 and want to transfer it in my name. I contacted 3 different RTO agents and got different opinions and varying rates from each of them. I give below details and then seek your help:

About the bike and papers available:
  • Registration: Oct-1998. Single owner.
  • Bike is MH02 (andheri) RTO. To be tranferred to MH43 (vashi) RTO. The number will not change.
  • RC book available with NOC endorsed from finance company (loan closed)
  • Insurance, PUC, Form 28, 29 and 30 all available
  • All papers are clean
  • Supposingly there was a Municipal tax for vehicles upto 1999. If this is the case, I dont have any such receipt.
  • Chasis Print: The column with the chassis no. is rusted. The chasis no is not readable and a chassis print is impossible. The bike has been buffed and painted and even the faint traces are now gone.
My experience with the RTO agents:

1) RTO Agent Sameer Traning School, Vashi
I trust this agent in vashi and have got other RTO work done by them. His quotation:
  • NOC from MH02 + Transfer to MH43 + Issue of Smart Card
  • Municipal Tax: Municipal Tax paid receipt is required for registrations till 1999. Since I dont have it, he has to get NOC from some municipal office in worli/prabhadevi. This will cost me Rs. 1500-2000 extra.
  • Green Tax: Not applicable as the vehicle is less than 15 years old.
  • Chassis Print: He doesnt know of anyone who can punch chassis no. He says its ok if I punch similar font size and take a chassis print for the transfer.
  • Total Cost: Rs. 4500 (All incl. Also incl Municipal Tax NOC)
  • Time: Within 30 days
2) Nisar Chougule - An RTO agent at Vashi RTO
I got this contact from Just Dial. He sits in the Vashi RTO building. His quotation:
  • NOC from MH02 + Transfer to MH43 + Issue of Smart Card: Rs. 1900
  • Municipal Tax: Receipt not required. This shouldnt' be a problem
  • Green Tax: This is a must. Green Tax must be paid as a rule was passed in Sep'10. Quoted Rs 2900 for this alone.
  • Chassis Print: He says that the RTO issues a new chassis number and once I get the number, I should get it punched (at any local mechanic). He says that even if it wont match the original fonts, atleast it will be a genuine no: Rs 700. Punching would be extra at my cost.
  • Cost: Transfer: 1900
  • Chassis No: 700
  • Green Tax: 2900
  • Time: Within 30 days
3) Akku Auto Advisor - An RTO agent at Andheri
I got this contact from T-bhp directory. Spoke to Mr. Murad. His quotation:
  • NOC from MH02 + Transfer to MH43 + Issue of Smart Card
  • Municipal Tax: Receipt is not required. This shouldnt' be a problem
  • Green Tax: Not applicable as the vehicle is less than 15 years old.
  • Chassis No: He doesnt advise at punching new numbers myself. He wants to scrape off the paint and see the old number. (I know that the number is now buffed off and he wont find it). Discourages against punching new numbers as it might be a problem while tranfering. He also said that we could try putting the papers with an engine print instead of a chassis print for the transfer (as the chassis no is the same as the enigne no but has additional 3 numbers).
  • Total Cost: 2550
  • Time: Atleast 30 days
My situtation:

I purchased the bike to bring back memories of my childhood and will keep the bike with with me all my life. I took some time in chosing a bike with clean papers but dint expect this problem at all. I have observed that most Rx owners are considered to be notorious and are on the cops rader always. I want my papers to be clean and dont want to ride around with any flaw in my papers. FYI: after Aug-2013, the bike has to renew registration every 5 years. I am looking to a permanent solution for the chassis no.

Regarding the chassis no punching, I visited a few mechanics and no one had facility to punch the numbers. Even yamaha service centres say that the RTO stoped this and they are not allowed to do it. I have a set of number punches with me and also could get them punched alligned as a set. But their font doesnt' match with the original ones. The orignal punches have a very uncommon font shape and I doubt if font punches like these are available in the market.

I think that the case is a bit complicated and so I would prefer if I could get the job done at Vashi, where I stay. However, if someone knows a sure trustworty agent, I am willing to consider that as well. The job should be complete and correct. I need help on the following:

1) How should I solve the Chassis print problem?

2) Is the Municipal Tax applicable in my case? If yes, How?

3) Am I liable to pay Green Tax?

4) What procedure should I follow?

Yes ... any vehicle over 15 years in existence is liable to pay the new Green tax which is Rs.2000/- (payable every 5 years from 2011)+ penalty of Rs 200/-

There is no such thing as municipal tax on vehicles.

Passing of Rs. 800/- has to be paid (every 5 years)

No need to get new number MH02 to MH43, only Road tax to be paid and actually its vashi so almost Rs.400/- + Card Cost Rs.350/- (only if u wish to change the number then the cost will shoot up to Rs 1500/- plus card Rs.350/-) (all vehicles registration numbers, transferred inside the same state need not be changed)

Actually its a simple procedure which has been made complicated by agents. (and also the babus inside who are used to bribes ... sick men harass guys who come without agent so, hence the commotion)

GREEN TAX ONLY APPLICABLE FOR VEHICLES OVER 15 YEARS, YOURS IS 1998, SO THE GREEN TAX HAS TO BE PAID IN 2013.

Last edited by The Great : 13th May 2011 at 12:07.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 12:06   #6
BHPian
 
The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 604
Thanked: 600 Times
Default Re: Hitches in transferring my Yamaha RX135 - Help required

Why dont u post the pictures of the bike too, Before and After thing !!
The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 13:31   #7
BHPian
 
alok_balsekar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 115
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Hitches in transferring my Yamaha RX135 - Help required

The 3rd guy is the closest to the truth.

The procedure is as follows (did it for my bikes a few months back)

- Form 28 (3 nos) will have to be submitted to the Andheri RTO (with Chassis Print) for NOC. Your Voter card or Passport xerox is needed for the NOC.
One Copy Andheri RTO will keep and give u 2 copies for submission to Vashi RTO. These will have the chassis no and your name and address.

- Form 29 & 30 are for change of ownership

- No registration number change will be needed for MH02 to MH43 as both RTOs are in maharashtra state.

- No green tax is payable. in any case it is Rs 2000 + 2% per month delay charges back calculated from October 15, 2010.

- BMC receipt, though issued (pink receipt) is not needed for any transfer work.

- Form 35 (issued by bank for loan closure) is to be submitted to andheri RTO to get the bank hypothication to be removed from the papers. A letter from the said bank is also to be submitted, whuch include the details of the loan and should be given to u by the last owner with the form 35.

- If u already have a bank covering letter, see if it has a clause that says that the letter is only valid for a specific time frame. If the date mentioned on the letter has already gone by, u will have to approach the bank again for a fresh letter. This is usually straight forward and hassle free.

My suggestion to u is, as u live in new mumbai, get the bike to andheri rto on any working day and get the NOC and Bank Hypothication work done yourself.
Will work out cheaper, safer and faster.

It will be approx rs 1k (550 for NOC and 400 for HP) and will take approx 3 days.

Once that is done the transfer at your Vashi RTO will be only rs 550 and will take at most another 3 days.

I dont know why ur guys are saying 30 days. That is absurd!!!!

If u need any help with RTO work in Andheri, PM me, I fall under Andheri RTO jurisdiction (Santacruz) and I have only 1 guy who does all my RTO work.

A Sardarji named Pappu.

Let me know.

In any case I think your work should cost < 2k. (Excluding cost of Insurance Rs 350 and PUC Rs 40)

Your Chassis number issue is something else altogether.

Did u not check before buying the bike?

Last edited by alok_balsekar : 13th May 2011 at 13:35. Reason: updated info
alok_balsekar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 15:51   #8
BHPian
 
benzinblut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Bombay
Posts: 425
Thanked: 206 Times
Default Re: Hitches in transferring my Yamaha RX135 - Help required

The Great and alok: Thank you very much. Your information is very useful. I am clear now about what has to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
There is no such thing as municipal tax on vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alok_balsekar View Post
- BMC receipt, though issued (pink receipt) is not needed for any transfer work
Are you sure about this?

Quote:
Form 35 (issued by bank for loan closure) is to be submitted to andheri RTO to get the bank hypothication to be removed from the papers
Already cleared and RC Book has been stamped.

Quote:
If u need any help with RTO work in Andheri, PM me
Thanks. I will contact you if required!

Quote:
Did u not check before buying the bike?
The only mistake in my dealing. I could see a faint chassis no and noted it down. Thats my only saving grace; atleast I have the original chassis no noted down.

This is now my main concern. I am trying to see if I can get it embossed at some showroom. I want a permanent and legal solution for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Why dont u post the pictures of the bike too, Before and After thing !!
haha! I knew this would come from you . I have to get the seat repaired. I will then post the pics in the Rx thread.
benzinblut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 16:32   #9
BHPian
 
bj96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 779
Thanked: 127 Times
Default Re: Hitches in transferring my Yamaha RX135 - Help required

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
2) Is the Municipal Tax applicable in my case? If yes, How?
3) Am I liable to pay Green Tax?
I had a Yamaha RXZ (Jan, 98) which I moved from MH-03 to MH-12 in 2002.

Regarding, Municipal tax- I remember I got two notices (1998 and 1999) and paid them in Chembur Municipal Office. It was some paltry sum ~ Rs. 20/- per year or so. For getting NOC from MH-03 I had hired an agent in Chembur (I was in Pune) with the copies of all the documents but not sure, if municipal recpt was asked by MH03 rto. However, I was not asked for these documents at MH-12 RTO. The chassis and engine pencil print was required at both RTOs.

Regarding green tax, check with Bullet owners/mechanics as I am sure, many old Bullets still roar on Mumbai roads. How do they manage green tax? They probably would also know about how chassis number is managed on ancient Bullets?

-BJ
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 17:08   #10
BHPian
 
alok_balsekar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 115
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Hitches in transferring my Yamaha RX135 - Help required

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Are you sure about this?
100% certain. I Still have my RD's municipal tax receipt laminated and kept in a safe location.

I xferred the bike in my name in 2004, but did not need it at all.

I xferred my '62 Jawa from Pune to MH02, again without that receipt (did not get it with the bike papers).

U can be assured that the Municipal Tax receipt is not needed.
alok_balsekar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 17:14   #11
BHPian
 
alok_balsekar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 115
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Hitches in transferring my Yamaha RX135 - Help required

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post

Regarding green tax, check with Bullet owners/mechanics as I am sure, many old Bullets still roar on Mumbai roads. How do they manage green tax? They probably would also know about how chassis number is managed on ancient Bullets?

-BJ
Green tax is simple to pay. All u need is a xerox of the bike papers (including valid fitness cert), Insurance and PUC. Carry Originals with u.

U dont even need an agent. Go to the concerned window, fill up the form and make the payment as calculated by them.

They will immediately give u a receipt. Xerox of that receipt should be carried with the xerox of bike papers.


NOTE: Green tax and Fitness cert can have different expiry dates. IE, my green tax expires in 2015, but renewal of the papers is due in March 2014.

I had been to the RTO on the very same week that they announced the Green tax (Oct 15). I FINALLY got an officer who was able to give me complete information. he was the one who told me about 2% back calculation from Oct 2010 if not paid.
alok_balsekar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 19:43   #12
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 466 Times
Default Re: Hitches in transferring my Yamaha RX135 - Help required

I dont know much about the taxes but regarding the chassis number, befriend some good RX mech and he'll get your work done easily. Dont try the RTO+ new chassis number route as you'll have to run around and grease palms. I like an idiot tried this route once a few yrs ago and was very upset with the way i was thrown around like a tennis ball by the RTO guys .
Last year I had to change my friends RD chassis. I managed to get a NOS chassis and went to the lathe guy known for chassis and fork repairs. I showed him a copy of the RC and some pics of the danaged chassis and he punched in the number for around 90 bucks.
Another friend of mine had a bike with an incorrect chassis number on it as his chassis was damaged and he had to get a used chassis. I got the old number welded and ground. Went back to the lathe guy and he punched the number but with a punch that had a diferent font. We had the fitness done and everything went off smothly. You could try doing the same.
I wouldnt suggest welding any plate with a punched number onto the chassis. Its a tough job and your more likely to end up with a shoody fix!

Cheers!
james is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 10:03   #13
BHPian
 
benzinblut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Bombay
Posts: 425
Thanked: 206 Times
Default Re: Hitches in transferring my Yamaha RX135 - Help required

^^ Thanks james. I actually tried this but all are reluctant and say that this is no more possible. The RTO has stopped it. I actually have number punches at my factory. I could also punch all numbers as a single set on a plate on the power press. The problem is that the fonts of the original yamaha chassis are totally different. I dont this that this would be available in the market.

If anyone knows where I could get the chassis punched in original yamaha style in or around Mumbai then please let me know. I too am looking for such a guy

@alok: after the 15 year when I will get the registration extended. Would I also need a chassis print in pencil for that procedure?
benzinblut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 10:23   #14
BHPian
 
alok_balsekar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 115
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Hitches in transferring my Yamaha RX135 - Help required

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
^^ Thanks james. I actually tried this but all are reluctant and say that this is no more possible. The RTO has stopped it. I actually have number punches at my factory. I could also punch all numbers as a single set on a plate on the power press. The problem is that the fonts of the original yamaha chassis are totally different. I dont this that this would be available in the market.

If anyone knows where I could get the chassis punched in original yamaha style in or around Mumbai then please let me know. I too am looking for such a guy

@alok: after the 15 year when I will get the registration extended. Would I also need a chassis print in pencil for that procedure?
1. NOS Chassis may be available. Factory shop had one few months ago.

2. Yes u will need chassis print for the renewal of papers.
alok_balsekar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 21:06   #15
BHPian
 
The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 604
Thanked: 600 Times
Default Re: Hitches in transferring my Yamaha RX135 - Help required

Hey what happened with your rebuild... where are the pics mate.

Eagerly waiting to see the bike sir.
The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upgrading Yamaha RX135 bharath.kan Motorbikes 37 8th February 2017 17:37
Suggestions Required: Which Bike to buy ? EDIT: Bought a 2003 Rx135 4-speed 2500cc Motorbikes 52 21st February 2011 14:32
Yamaha Rx135 (1998) blasť Shifting gears 1 29th December 2007 00:26
Yamaha RX135 5 Speed - help MillionSwords Motorbikes 6 5th December 2007 13:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:17.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks