Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 24th March 2013, 20:45   #256
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Also do update about the performance after the oil change.
I did not do the oil change to OWS in the last service. I will update you once I get it done.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2014, 21:43   #257
Senior - BHPian

An update after a long time:

Bike has clocked 16000 kms. The usage is less as I mostly use the bike for touring, which is rare nowadays.

Just back from a trip to Kemmanagundi. The bike feels much smoother after changing to OWS, may be the effect of colder weather now. Got Motul 7100 10W40 for next change at 18000 kms.

Changed rear tire to Michelin Pilot Street and it is awesome. Wish the bike came with this instead of the pathetic contigos.

The bike is currently at service centre to change front tire to Pirelli sport.

Planning to change the silver plastic panels with black panels from the new model and paint the silver rims to black.

Overall, I am very happy with the bike. A practical bike for city as well as touring. Decent for tracks as well. The only issue is my usual neck/ shoulder pain (with long usage of laptops) gets unbearable with long highway rides - nothing to do with the bike.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 17th November 2014 at 21:46.
Old 17th November 2014, 22:04   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
An update after a long time:
Totally agree with you; have been running the Michelins for close to 7k kms now, and still can't thank those rubbers enough.

With respect to the neck pain, why don't you use a tank/tail bag? Check out the DSLR bag made by Viaterra and after removing the partitions see if your laptop fits. It has enough cushioning on the sides to save the laptop in case of an unlikely fall.
dreamseller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2014, 22:31   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
With respect to the neck pain, why don't you use a tank/tail bag? Check out the DSLR bag made by Viaterra and after removing the partitions see if your laptop fits. It has enough cushioning on the sides to save the laptop in case of an unlikely fall.
I use a tail bag for long rides. It is very good. The only issue is that there is no provision to lock.

http://rjays.com.au/home/products/lu...-tail-bag.html

For commuting, I mostly use volvo bus and car, so no issue. While carrying backpack for laptop in bike, I keep it loose so that it rests on the back seat. What I meant in the above post is that I get neck/ shoulder pain by evening after working on my laptop for a long time, and it gets worse during long rides.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 17th November 2014 at 22:35.
Old 12th April 2015, 21:27   #260
BHPian

Hi Mantrig,

Thank you for such fantastic thread on the CBR250R. I picked up my baby Ceeber ABS Version last Sunday i.e. 5th April 2015.

Though haven't got an opportunity to ride her much as I am still awaiting her registration number . But going by the threads, I am sure going to enjoy every km that I munch in on her.

Will surely pen down my initial ownership report, adding two pictures before I sign off.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-img20150411wa0011.jpg  

Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-dsc_0461.jpg  

sawnilrules is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 22:03   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Hi Mantrig,

Thank you for such fantastic thread on the CBR250R.

Will surely pen down my initial ownership report, adding two pictures before I sign off.

Cheers,
Sawnilrules - Congratulations!! Trust me, you will not regret your decision.

Before I proceed, Thanks a Ton!! For reviving this old thread, the updates have been pending for long time now.

Her 3rd Birthday was celebrated in the Crown of India for which the travelogue is still pending. The ownership has been absolutely hassle free with no electrical, mechanical or cosmetic failures. There have been a couple of instances when I left her unattended for more than a couple of weeks due to business travel when battery got drained. However, used to take the battery to FNG for a quick charge and she would come to life again.

Not even a single puncture, except for the one which occurred during the 1st week of ownership (have been running on Ride-ON since then which has not given single chance to complain).

She has been aging gracefully & is as photogenic as she was on the day 1. Below is a recent pic after a pampering session.

Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-current-state.jpg

The ride to Leh was simply awesome and will soon post the details of the trip. Just to give a quick background, rode from Mumbai to Leh via Srinagar and it was a 2,700Kms trip one way during which the bike performed much better than expected.

For now, will leave you with a couple of pics from the epic ride for waking me up on this ownership thread. Look forward to your ownership thread & please do take the extended warranty, for peace of mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-img_20140613_160033.jpg  

Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-ladakh.jpg  

Last edited by mantrig : 13th April 2015 at 22:11.
mantrig is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2015, 15:18   #262
BHPian

My little Ceeber is due for a footwear change. I am ok to go non OEM size.
Has anyone fitted dual sport tyre in CBR?
Any suggestions?
techfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2015, 12:42   #263
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see the update. I am not using the bike for the last few months because of a shoulder injury. Hope to get back to the saddle soon.
Old 4th January 2016, 22:50   #264
BHPian

Hey mantrig,
I went through your thread and aargee's thread in an entire evening. Must say that they make for a very engaging read.

I've always wanted to own a 250 and a used ABS model might just be the ticket for me into the big leagues.

If you don't mind, can you share the contact details of the guy who did the paint job on your CBR, the one that isodope shared? And maybe even how much it set you back by?

Thanks,
Rohan
rohan_cherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 18:23   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_cherian View Post
I've always wanted to own a 250 and a used ABS model might just be the ticket for me into the big leagues
Thank you for your kind words;

Pls be shameless in verifying the service history of the CBR you intent to buy & ensure that the vehicle has been serviced atleast every 6K Km

Visit every bike that you intent to buy, by then you'll get to know how a CBR should sound & ensure its per the standard. CPR's shims should be replaced atleast every 25K km, so correlate the sound of engine & shim replacement with the ASC

Cosmetics & physical verification on parts such as radiator, fairings, disc pads, tires, suspension, clip-on, RVMs etc...I leave that to you
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2017, 16:41   #266
Senior - BHPian

Got the bike serviced at 18500 kms. Changed the oil to Motul 7100 10W40.

Got LED headlamp fixed instead of Philips Extreme Vision which I was using earlier.

Got the handle bar height raised and it is much easier on my shoulders. It is a very easy modification. With an allen key, the height of the handle bar (the final piece with accelerator) is increased.

Planning to use the bike more, especially for office commute now as my office location has changed.
Old 6th March 2017, 21:10   #267
BHPian

Question Handlebar Mod - pics please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Got the handle bar height raised and it is much easier on my shoulders. It is a very easy modification. With an allen key, the height of the handle bar (the final piece with accelerator) is increased.
How was it done? Do you have pictures of the procedure? Does the raised handlebar foul with the visor / windshield as the visor / windshield has recesses for the handlebar at its current height. How is it different from phamilyman's modification (CBR250 conversion: Clip-on to pipe-style handlebar) ?

Some 'before' and 'after' pics would be more than welcome.

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 6th March 2017 at 21:18.
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 06:23   #268
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Handlebar Mod - pics please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
How was it done? Do you have pictures of the procedure? Does the raised handlebar foul with the visor / windshield as the visor / windshield has recesses for the handlebar at its current height. How is it different from phamilyman's modification (CBR250 conversion: Clip-on to pipe-style handlebar) ?

Some 'before' and 'after' pics would be more than welcome.

Cheers !
This is a very simple modification - loosen the handlebar on each side from the stem by using an allen key, raise it on the stem (max quarter an inch I think) and tighten the allen key. There is no impact on visor/ windshield as the increase is height is not much.

It is not same as phamily man's modification.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 7th March 2017 at 06:26.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote