Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Perfect, can you please give details on the Security Alarm

- Price
- Where did you install from
- Features

I had one for my Karizma, but it was a typical grey market made in china product for 2.5k with a remote ignition (scary as anyone using a same frequency/universal remote can start and take off with the bike without a key) - I had it installed at a local shop which stripped my Karizma, I am not comfy with them doing that to my CBR !

Will the A.S.S do the installation if requested ?
Sorry, I should have been more specific. It is not a security alarm as such, it is a disk lock with alarm in built.

Motorcycle security: XX6 disc-lock alarm for motorcycles, scooters & ATVs

I got it from US through a friend, costs around 70 dollars. I did not want to go for the usual security alarm as it requires tampering the electricals of the bike.
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 12:51   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
3M PPF is under testing, will be out in the market in a few weeks from now.
Great to hear. Any info on the pricing, stockists, etc.?
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 13:39   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Great to hear. Any info on the pricing, stockists, etc.?
Not sure of the above things yet as its all yet to finalized. But its approximately going to be somewhere below 1K for a semi-faired bike like the P220. Fully faired might be a tad more.
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:42   #124
BHPian

Took delivery at Silicon Honda yesterday at 6 PM. With the Ashada season off now the amount of people who had come to take delivery were like a vegetable shop at city market.

My experience as of now has been excellent, met the MD, GM- Sales, Service head; all of them spent quality time explaining the doís & doníts , Support from Honda and experience with customers. After reading some of the Ėve reviews it was such a relief to have such a positive discussion with these people. Honda would be conducting some camps and would be visiting as per schedule. They mentioned they would include me and other CBR owners too for this. 10W-30 is being used on the bike.

With reference to the oil filter, had a debate with them on replacement along with oil change. Honda insisted that itís not absolutely necessary to change the filter as they do cleaning and according to them that should suffice. But I said I would like to be extra careful and picked up an filter, I would be going for the oil and filter change at 500 kms.

Now coming to the most important part, yes they have paddock stands. It still not yet available for everyone as they are getting them fabricated from the dealer side but it will be available soon. The first thing that hit me was so many of our fellow Bhpians are looking for this so I asked Silicon whether it would be ok to share it on an online forum.
They have said its ok and are looking for buyers for these things too but have explicitly told me not to disclose the price. Hence I request you guys to go and meet Mr. Sham Sundar at Silicon directly for these. I can just comment its a steal at the price they are offering. Its just too good. very easy to mount the bike as well. Will post more pics later on , on this.

They are introducing some more accessories such as Tank Pads and Gloves, they badly want feedback on this, so would be going there to try it and give an opinion. Request fellow CBR owners to join me on this, as I feel this is a really good initiative. Thanks for all the support from this thread.

Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-1.jpg

Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-2.jpg

Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-img_20110801_221306.jpg

Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-img_20110801_221327.jpg

Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-img_20110801_221405.jpg

Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-img_20110802_073156.jpg
redrage is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:10   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
My experience as of now has been excellent, met the MD, GM- Sales, Service head; all of them spent quality time explaining the doís & doníts , Support from Honda and experience with customers. After reading some of the Ėve reviews it was such a relief to have such a positive discussion with these people. Honda would be conducting some camps and would be visiting as per schedule.
Great, thats wonderful to hear. Nice to see that you have experienced a change considering that we have seen some bad feedback in this front.

Quote:
Now coming to the most important part, yes they have paddock stands.
This is also good news. Seems like Honda is working on the feedback they have received. Or is this an effort from the dealer itself?
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:24   #126
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Redrage, the baby ceeber looks awesome in black when compared to Red (my personal thoughts). Interesting to note that Honda have started on their accessories as well. All the best for your ride and do enjoy your steed, ride safe wishing you miles of happy riding
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:46   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Now coming to the most important part, yes they have paddock stands.
Thats good news, I wish this is from Honda all over the country and not just from your dealer

Any accesories directly from the dealer (Gloves , Tank Pads) included will be a good addition. The best suggestion that I would like to give is a separate service executive / area in the A.S.S for CBR250 and other premium bikes that come in the near future.
salunkhe.vizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:49   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery at Silicon Honda yesterday at 6 PM.
They are introducing some more accessories such as Tank Pads and Gloves, they badly want feedback on this, so would be going there to try it and give an opinion. Request fellow CBR owners to join me on this, as I feel this is a really good initiative. Thanks for all the support from this thread.
congrats Dilip.
Keep me in loop when you are going to try the accessories. Will join you.
Good that you picked the filter also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
This is also good news. Seems like Honda is working on the feedback they have received. Or is this an effort from the dealer itself?
Naveen, Its dealer's effort not Honda.

One of the Bangalore CBR owner posted a rusted Hyosung GT 650R bolt in facebook. So looks like the acidic rains are the culprit in metals getting rusted.

Last edited by rk_sans : 2nd August 2011 at 11:50.
rk_sans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:10   #129
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dilip.

It is nice to see that the dealer has taken initiative on the accessories.
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:06   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I completed 1000 kms after doing around 400 kms during weekend, went for a ride to Yelagiri. I will give the bike for first service next week.
Seems like you are having a ball out there. We are stuck with rain gods playing havoc on weekends which have left us craving for a better weather to take our steeds out.

And yes, that's a great, crisp review on completion on 1K kms. I am sure the way bike responds after 100kms will change post your 1st service and should get better as you complete running-in.

Keep penning down more on your rides and yes, some great pictures. I am so jealous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Sorry for the late read/reply, was off the grid for the weekend. Yes YOU DEFINATELY SHOULD get her painted all black, will look awesome. I would suggest you do it from ISODOPE's contact in Vasai instead of A.S.S - same quality but dirt cheap rates. I have seen his paintwork, so can assure you its good - you can see for yourself when you visit Vasai next.

My 2 cents - get the silver panels changed to matt black, would look damn neat with the glossy tank and other panels !
I am also considering the same. In fact, Isodope did ping me right after my post and now all I am waiting for is good weather so I can ride down and meet with him to understand his thoughts on the same.

WRT the matt black option - You just read my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
3M PPF is under testing, will be out in the market in a few weeks from now.

My bike has the 3M PPF on the tank, gonna do a full test on it over a weekend ride soon.

Been on bike for less than a day. So far all praises for this
Hey Praful,

Look forward to hearing back from you on how the 3M PPF faired on the ride. Also, will keep tracking any updates on the new 3M PPF which should hit the shelves soon.

Quote:
Took delivery at Silicon Honda yesterday at 6 PM. With the Ashada season off now the amount of people who had come to take delivery were like a vegetable shop at city market.
Congratulations RedRage & Welcome on board.

Thank you for the pics. BTW, did you end up buying that paddock? If yes, how much have you paid for it - If you have bought it.

Bangalore seems to have lot of action as far as the biking arena goes with Loads of SBKs being spotted everyday, weekends rides and all the vibrant threads emerging from that region.

Keep up posted as you pile those miles. And also let us know any improvements on the gear the A.S.S. are planning to introduce, would be interesting to see how they are making life better for us.
mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 02:01   #131
BHPian

Just received mine 3 days ago, Candy red. Done already 225 kms keeping it under 3.5 rpm. Had few questions to other owners.

1. What's the tire psi you guys are filling up, the service manual mentions 29 front and rear without pillion, however i have filled nitrogen 30psi in front and 35psi in rear as 50% i always have a pillion?
2. The heat coming from the engine during city riding, standing at traffic signals etc. Bascially the procedure i'm following is. Switching off the bike using the kill switch(engine stop button) and switching it on again without starting the bike and letting the radiator run to cool the engine. Is this a safe procedure?
3. I often keep checking the radiator fins for any dirt or bugs attached to it. Clean it using a soft brush, however anything else i gotta check as well?
nosfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 21:48   #132
BHPian

Post Re: Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review

[quote=redrage;2452786]Took delivery at Silicon Honda yesterday at 6 PM. With the Ashada season off now the amount of people who had come to take delivery were like a vegetable shop at city market.

Now coming to the most important part, yes they have paddock stands. It still not yet available for everyone as they are getting them fabricated from the dealer side but it will be available soon. The first thing that hit me was so many of our fellow Bhpians are looking for this so I asked Silicon whether it would be ok to share it on an online forum.
They have said its ok and are looking for buyers for these things too but have explicitly told me not to disclose the price. Hence I request you guys to go and meet Mr. Sham Sundar at Silicon directly for these. I can just comment its a steal at the price they are offering. Its just too good. very easy to mount the bike as well. Will post more pics later on , on this.
(End Quote)

Hi Buddy I shall be travelling to bangalore shortly, can u confirm whether the paddock stand is avbl for purchase or not, would like to pickup one?

Thanks in advance.
techfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 13:50   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post
Just received mine 3 days ago, Candy red. Done already 225 kms keeping it under 3.5 rpm. Had few questions to other owners.

1. What's the tire psi you guys are filling up, the service manual mentions 29 front and rear without pillion, however i have filled nitrogen 30psi in front and 35psi in rear as 50% i always have a pillion?
2. The heat coming from the engine during city riding, standing at traffic signals etc. Bascially the procedure i'm following is. Switching off the bike using the kill switch(engine stop button) and switching it on again without starting the bike and letting the radiator run to cool the engine. Is this a safe procedure?
3. I often keep checking the radiator fins for any dirt or bugs attached to it. Clean it using a soft brush, however anything else i gotta check as well?
I believe 3.5k is little less, push it till 5k for first 400-500kms. Get oil and oil filter changed. Push it to 6k for next 400-500kms and then open up slowly in the phased manner.

My 2 cents,
1. Keep it as mentioned by manual.
2. That's common and a safe procedure. Do not worry until you see the engine hot indicator above 3 level.
3. Nothing much you can do apart from what you have mentioned.
rk_sans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 09:39   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post

I believe the front pressure doesn't change with pillion - please correct me if I'm wrong. As standard I keep my pressure as recommended for pillion, it isn't like I'm going to find the difference in grip at street riding speeds!
Your engine cooling procedure is safe, but you might want to service your battery more often than recommended since you're making it work harder. I keep the electricals switched off when stopped at signals - if the bike isn't on, it isn't generating more heat, and is cooling down anyway. Maybe not as fast as I'd have liked, but I'm sure my bike manufacturer took that into account when they were developing the motorcycle
Check coolant levels both in the reservoir and the radiator once in a while.
isodope is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 15:07   #135
Senior - BHPian

^^If you can hear the fan running, don't switch off engine till it stops, whether at signals or while parking anywhere. This is to be followed for cars as well.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote