Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 27th June 2011, 16:44   #16

Default Re: SS Braided brake line for my RD350

Thank you, guys!
I appreciate your quick, helpful replies.

A few more questions:

1- For the Eliminator/Avenger setup, did you just weld the caliper mounts to the existing fork leg? Did you use the 18" RD rim and Eliminator disc hub? Which spokes work with this combo?
If you could post some pics, it would be just great!

2- How about using the front disc brake kit (possibly the full wheel) from the Enfields, considering the new Classics have 18" rims too?

3- What's the ballpark figure for a full P220 front end? Would this be a direct fit on the RD chassis at the steering head?

I have a friend who has a full FZ front end on his RX and I understand what you mean about the limited turning radius.
TurboGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 18:33   #17
BHPian

My setup has the following components

1. fury disc plate
2. Fazer/Gladi [old] hub
3. P220 Mater cylinder, caliper
4. fazer spokes
5. RD 18" rim
6. Avenger hose
aruncheloor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 20:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGTR View Post
Thank you, guys!
I appreciate your quick, helpful replies.

A few more questions:

1- For the Eliminator/Avenger setup, did you just weld the caliper mounts to the existing fork leg? Did you use the 18" RD rim and Eliminator disc hub? Which spokes work with this combo? Yes used the 18" RD Rim(basically honda Unicorn front rim) & Eliminator Disc Hub. You will have to face the eliminator disc hub by roughly half an inch to accomodate the Hub as it is a bit wider when you try to seat it with RD Fork. The caliper was mounted on an Aluminium Plate which in turn was TIG Welded to Front Fork.
If you could post some pics, it would be just great! Unfortunately My Home PC has broken down and would need some time to transfer the photos. Currently my RD 350 is on its restoration path because of which am unable to post any photos. However will keep this in mind during my next visit to the garage and try to capture some snaps for your easy reference.

2- How about using the front disc brake kit (possibly the full wheel) from the Enfields, considering the new Classics have 18" rims too? Not quite sure on the quality that you get with Enfield, do not mean to offend any Enfield Owner/die hards.

3- What's the ballpark figure for a full P220 front end? Would this be a direct fit on the RD chassis at the steering head? You can answer this yourself by checking out the length of both forks together. Probably Google would be able to help you better.
Let me know if you require any further information. Would need couple more days to head to the garage and get the fork legs out for a snap as they are all dismantled. Spokes used were from Eliminator

Last edited by ku69rd : 27th June 2011 at 20:41.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 10:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Would not the FZ Set up be a tad too heavy on the RD and affect its nimbleness in city traffic with reduced flickability? Not quite if it would be really helpful in long sweeping curves as well
Also did you change the Steering Stem(T Stem) & Top Plate? Does it not create a strain on the neck of chassis?
Can you please post some photos of this?
Apologies for asking too many questions
No worries man, I have clocked 15k Kms on it from the time of fitment, with multi state rides and Hill climb races, havent found it an issue as yet, the complete assemply was changed including the stem and top plate, I had to let go of the meters, with only the RPM meter working as the speedo is any ways hearsay all the time, with a little bit of machining here and there, in fact have to be little careful not to go crazy with it as I find changing directions at a rapid pace a very easy affair.I am in love with the setup, as I am enjoying the bike like never before.

But having said that, the P220 would be a better option as the riding stance it provides is a little more raised, making it much more comfortable for munching miles, not to mention the cost of spares vis a vis pads and other accessories.
Khodays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 11:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khodays View Post
No worries man, I have clocked 15k Kms on it from the time of fitment, with multi state rides and Hill climb races, havent found it an issue as yet, the complete assemply was changed including the stem and top plate, I had to let go of the meters, with only the RPM meter working as the speedo is any ways hearsay all the time, with a little bit of machining here and there, in fact have to be little careful not to go crazy with it as I find changing directions at a rapid pace a very easy affair.I am in love with the setup, as I am enjoying the bike like never before.
Cool thanks for the update mate, will keep this in mind. Hope you would not mind sending in the photos? Also where did you have this done? Estimated costs?
Need to check out my fork setup when it's finally done with complete restoration.
Old 28th June 2011, 11:24   #21
BHPian

I have added, three pics from my cam, let me know if you need any more closeup pics.
Attached Thumbnails
SS Braided brake line for my RD350-img00046201106281058.jpg  

SS Braided brake line for my RD350-img00048201106281059.jpg  

SS Braided brake line for my RD350-img00049201106281059.jpg  

Old 28th June 2011, 12:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have added, three pics from my cam, let me know if you need any more closeup pics.
Cool...see that this bike is being done/maintained by Mr Anthony in Mathikere?
Looks good mate, you did not try for a spoked wheel? Might sound a bit conservative but they are only my thoughts
Old 28th June 2011, 12:35   #23
BHPian

Yeah Mate, your right, Antony it is.

I know, I was little crappy initially for lettling go of the retro look, but then the ride and handling made up for it :-).
Old 28th June 2011, 16:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah Mate, your right, Antony it is.

I know, I was little crappy initially for lettling go of the retro look, but then the ride and handling made up for it :-).
Cool thanks for the update, do convey my regards to him. Nice chap knowz his stuff pretty well infact bought my Second RD through him. Hopefully will bump into you one of these days
Old 28th June 2011, 18:42   #25
BHPian

Sure thing man, but whom do I say you are :-)
Old 28th June 2011, 22:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure thing man, but whom do I say you are :-)
Have PMed you with details.
Old 29th June 2011, 16:07   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Let me know if you require any further information. Would need couple more days to head to the garage and get the fork legs out for a snap as they are all dismantled. Spokes used were from Eliminator
Please upload pics of the fork legs. That would be really helpful.

Thanks!
TurboGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 11:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

@ TurboGTR,
Shall upload them once am able to get hold of my spare parts back from the mechanic.
Old 30th June 2011, 16:49   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
Quick-fix for the time being.. Avenger brake hose
It looks bit too long, with a long bend near fuel tank ready to rub up the paint. better to tie it down.
Rennjit is offline   Reply With Quote