No. 630, Dr.Rajkumar Road, Rajajinagar,
Next to Raghavendra Swamy temple, Near Navarang,
Blore
Contact Number 9343964206
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 14:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Two New Enfields : The Bullet Standard & Electra with 500 EFI

The event in Jayanagar is conducted to get feedback about the vehicles. As per the representative, the launch will take atleast 3 months.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 13:31   #18
BHPian

just back from jayanagar venue, they have both standard 500 and Electra 500 on display.Didn't take test drive though.. Good news is Standard 500 model comes with front disk brakes and self start..Bad news is company representative said he has no clue on pricings and launch dates...
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 14:15   #19
BHPian

Hi All,

Please forgive my noobish question as im very new to bullets. Other than the way they look, what would be the techinical differences between the Classic 500, the Standard 500 and the Electra 500. Asking this as all the 350s currently available seem to share almost the exact same specs with each other.

Have my mind set on picking up a C5 (8 months waiting period though). With both these models (500cc versions) being launched with EFI would there be any difference between them at all?

Thanks!
The Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 17:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
just back from jayanagar venue, they have both standard 500 and Electra 500 on display.Didn't take test drive though.. Good news is Standard 500 model comes with front disk brakes and self start..Bad news is company representative said he has no clue on pricings and launch dates...
The standard 500 with Disc up front and Self Start is the perfect Bullet in my view, has all the classic lines and looks and now with added power, this is the bullet to buy.
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 18:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
Pricing please. And is it the new ECU? Where is Randhawa, our own insider?
It's the same MR programme I had gone for and bought you the initial report on the new 500 EFI variants. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post2337740

As I said previously and saying again, it all depends upon the feedback from the guest riders and what they would pay for the carbed or EFI 500. Only after the feedback from this MR exercise report, RE will decide to either come up with carb or EFI. It will take another couple of months before it hits the market.

I hope this time they launch the 500 versions with upgraded bearing on the crank RHS. They are doing their R&D with a German bearing at the moment and they should have listened to me when I told them thats the only week point of this marvellous engine. RE has big ego, they dont think a customer can be right but they will do it only when they have split up more then 100 UCE with same or more no of harassed customers and one year down the line they remember some customer from Chandigarh did advised them of the quality issue and resolution. But they are getting at it so that's a good thing.
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 19:25   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
It's the same MR programme I had gone for and bought you the initial report on the new 500 EFI variants. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post2337740

As I said previously and saying again, it all depends upon the feedback from the guest riders and what they would pay for the carbed or EFI 500. Only after the feedback from this MR exercise report, RE will decide to either come up with carb or EFI. It will take another couple of months before it hits the market.

I hope this time they launch the 500 versions with upgraded bearing on the crank RHS. They are doing their R&D with a German bearing at the moment and they should have listened to me when I told them thats the only week point of this marvellous engine. RE has big ego, they dont think a customer can be right but they will do it only when they have split up more then 100 UCE with same or more no of harassed customers and one year down the line they remember some customer from Chandigarh did advised them of the quality issue and resolution. But they are getting at it so that's a good thing.
I think and want the 500 to be carb, that way it will be servisable anywhere and cost too would come down, and even the sound of carb on a classic motorcycle sounds better than a EFI, I mean it EFI on Bullets just sounds a little too advanced.
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 19:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

Even though with it issues with EFI, personally I don't want to see a carb on UCE 500.
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 12:00   #24
BHPian

We did get a chance to ride these bikes in May this year (As a part of survey done in Pune). I was not impressed with either of the bikes.Even with a 500 EFI UCE engine , the bikes were struggling to reach 100 and the vibes after 80kmph made them unrideable.

I was a happy man coming back from the survey on my Machismo 500.
niks_devil666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 18:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

Well, I am tired of RE bikes and don't think I will plonk money down to buy another one. Its like getting married - one wife is more than enough!

Sad but true!
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 19:32   #26
BHPian

I had thought the exact same thing two-three years back- So i sold my Standard 500 and got a Karizma-R. That was my first Jap bike after six bullets. (And one RD)..I was overjoyed.... initially. Within eight months and 4,000 kms, I had sold it and bought an LB 500.
Didn't like it.cursed it many times.. left it un-ridden for weeks on end. another 4,500 kms, sold that machine for just 70 grands and swore never to buy another Royal Enfield again..
Booked a Karizma ZMR. Bike arrived. Test rode it extensively.... wasn't quite my thing.. decided to wait for the CBR 250. Waited patiently for more than six months. Finally my CBR arrived. Meanwhile had riden my coz's new CBR all over. Finally decided, it just wasn't what i was looking for..

Am going down to Siliguri the day-after to get my money back from Honda and book the Classic 500... Am sooooo excited!!

Is this what u call a Love-Hate relationship?
Puffdamgcdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 19:48   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
I had thought the exact same thing two-three years back- So i sold my Standard 500 and got a Karizma-R. That was my first Jap bike after six bullets. (And one RD)..I was overjoyed.... initially. Within eight months and 4,000 kms, I had sold it and bought an LB 500.
Didn't like it.cursed it many times.. left it un-ridden for weeks on end. another 4,500 kms, sold that machine for just 70 grands and swore never to buy another Royal Enfield again..
Booked a Karizma ZMR. Bike arrived. Test rode it extensively.... wasn't quite my thing.. decided to wait for the CBR 250. Waited patiently for more than six months. Finally my CBR arrived. Meanwhile had riden my coz's new CBR all over. Finally decided, it just wasn't what i was looking for..

Am going down to Siliguri the day-after to get my money back from Honda and book the Classic 500... Am sooooo excited!!

That's why you call a complicated relationship!!!
So UCE engine is here to stay, right??? Intially I thought it would be a small transition like AVL engine. RE should learn from Harley. The thump (potato potato sound), character, almost everything is still present in the new bikes being churned out by Harley.

Last edited by Leepower : 28th June 2011 at 19:52.
Leepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 22:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post

Hahaha, no offense but that is hilarious man! Yeah, I know - I somehow feel and my friends tell me too that I will get an RE atleast a few years down the line. Hopefully by then, RE would have learnt that the only way they can hold their own against better imports is to bring up their build and service quality up - BIG TIME!!

Till then, I think I will not buy a new RE.
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 08:54   #29
BHPian

Didn't the C500 have ECU problems?
Both bikes mentioned are not yet available in Nagerkoil. No one's even heard of them.
Any news about specs?
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 09:25   #30
BHPian

Friends,

I have booked a Bullet Electra in jayanagar show room,Bangalore.Please let me know, did i make a right choice or should i wait for new arrivals.This is for my day to day use @ 30kms to office and back, also to beat bangalore traffic.

Past - I was having a second hand bullet 85 model in 93-96 and later sold it.Which i used to drive from Bangalore to Davangere while i was studying in BIET.

Now i am a jeeper, does offroading and uses scorpio in the city.

Last edited by Rajith : 30th June 2011 at 09:27. Reason: correction
Rajith is offline   Reply With Quote