Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 4th October 2011, 13:16   #136
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: New addition to my garage, the new CBR250r

Congrats Bunny. You will finish run in soon with your commute itself.

That is a great mileage during run in.

It is selling like hot cakes in Bangalore also.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 14:33   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Congrats Bunny. You will finish run in soon with your commute itself.

That is a great mileage during run in.

It is selling like hot cakes in Bangalore also.
Thanks! Yep, looking forward to getting 1st service asap and head to the hills!
PS : Maintaining a personal blog on the bike at My 2011 Honda CBR250R

Forgot to mention in the last post, have also got the stock seat padded up from Karol Bagh for some extra comfort without making it too soft!
BunnyPunia is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 14:51   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post

Forgot to mention in the last post, have also got the stock seat padded up from Karol Bagh for some extra comfort without making it too soft!
Thanks for the blog; very interesting read. It also helped me to confirm your identity. . I did not know that you are a member here.

I liked your articles in Bike India and know your prior engagement with xBHP. It is a privilege to have you here. It is nice to know that you like CBR. What happened to your Karizma?

I will keep an eye on the blog. Thanks
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 19:04   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hello! and nice to see you here Bunny! xBhp, Bike India and now Team-Bhp. Congratulations on the bike. Will follow the blog.

And in 10 days, my bike has only covered 700 odd kms. Again went till Krishnagiri this weekend and the urge was so, so bad to ride upto Salem or further! It was a physical calling but I had to turn back as my original plan was to start off early in the morning but I;d started off only by 10:30 AM. Too much of juice drinking the last night!
naveenroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2011, 18:42   #140
Senior - BHPian

Just one niggle that is bugging me - the rearview mirrors. I am tired of having to carry an allen key on me all the time to tighten the mirror bolts. This is cause I park it at a spot where I need to "fold" the mirrors in and then extend them when I am riding the bike. At times, it has become so loose that the mirror starts rotating and then rattling.
naveenroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 09:48   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Just one niggle that is bugging me - the rearview mirrors. I am tired of having to carry an allen key on me all the time to tighten the mirror bolts. This is cause I park it at a spot where I need to "fold" the mirrors in and then extend them when I am riding the bike. At times, it has become so loose that the mirror starts rotating and then rattling.
Had the same issue - in fact one of the bolts that connects the complete mirror assembly to the body also came off. Globus Honda guys were good enuf to replace all the bolts to new ones - seem to work fine
Thank god the bike comes with its own allen key also
BunnyPunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 21:40   #142
BHPian

Hi CBR250R owners i have booked a ZMA-R for city commute. Even after a month there is no news on when it's going to be delivered. I read on another thread that baby ceeber is available immediately. Both me and my wife love this bike however i have couple of queries about the bike:

1. How is the pillion comfort ? I had a blaze which had the best seats in business though getting on/off them for the pillion was bit awkward. ZMA's seat is also very comfy for both of us. How does this bike fare in this department ?

2. For people who have also driven a ZMA, how much better is the 250 in the low/mid rpm range. I will be rarely doing over 80 in the bike so top speed doesn't matter to me.
From a pure engine performance p.o.v is shelling out another 90k justified for a city commuter ? I know that spec to spec CBR250R wins over ZMA-R in every aspect (except weight) but just wanted to know: do i get double the "feel/fun" for double the money.

I will have to stretch a bit to get the ceeber so do you guys suggest me to get it or ZMA-R is good enough ?
shubhamAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 10:43   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamAT View Post
Hi CBR250R owners i have booked a ZMA-R for city commute. Even after a month there is no news on when it's going to be delivered. I read on another thread that baby ceeber is available immediately. Both me and my wife love this bike however i have couple of queries about the bike:

1. How is the pillion comfort ? I had a blaze which had the best seats in business though getting on/off them for the pillion was bit awkward. ZMA's seat is also very comfy for both of us. How does this bike fare in this department ?

2. For people who have also driven a ZMA, how much better is the 250 in the low/mid rpm range. I will be rarely doing over 80 in the bike so top speed doesn't matter to me.
From a pure engine performance p.o.v is shelling out another 90k justified for a city commuter ? I know that spec to spec CBR250R wins over ZMA-R in every aspect (except weight) but just wanted to know: do i get double the "feel/fun" for double the money.

I will have to stretch a bit to get the ceeber so do you guys suggest me to get it or ZMA-R is good enough ?
CBR is a very good bike. Take a test ride and decide whether it is apt for city commuting. I do not use CBR for city commuting as I prefer a straight relaxed riding posture for bumper to bumper traffic, the high foot pegs make it inconvenient to move legs frequently (especially if you are tall), frequent gear shifts at low speeds, less flickability because of weight and difficulty to squeeze in small gaps (especially with the mirrors budging out) . I do not know about pillion comfort, but it does not seem to be as good as ZMA.

Considering your requirements (city commuting, pillion comfort and top speed (CBR is fun above 80kmph), ZMA makes more sense to me.

According to me, CBR belongs to highway, though it can be enjoyed in commuting where traffic is less.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 7th October 2011 at 10:50.
PatienceWins is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 14:13   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
but just wanted to know: do i get double the "feel/fun" for double the money.
Absolutely. After all 2 x 0 still equals 0.

Actually bikes are highly personal. Take everyones opinion, but decide for yourself. For me, the ZMA and the CBR are the two most 'complete' bikes available in the country today. Unfortunately, neither excite me, or put a smile on my face. (What one ultimately does is another matter altogether!)

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 16:00   #145
BHPian

Update :- Have a feedback session with the A.S.S. organized next week with the Sr. Service Engineers (Manufacturing Plant & a couple of folks from Japan) Do let me know, if you have anything that I should bring to their notice.

Details:- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post2535455 (Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review)

Quote:
Picked up mine on the 29th September. Done 390km as of today.

PS: I notice one CBR250R each day on my way back home - this bike is selling like hot cakes here in Delhi!
Congrats Bunny!!! On your new purchase.

Have been reading your pieces right from the days I took to automobile mags & forums. Now will be following your blog on CBR, along with your posts on board which will be as helpful as your other articles.

It's a pleasure to have you on this thread and look forward to your feedback/suggestions.

Quote:
Hi CBR250R owners i have booked a ZMA-R for city commute. Even after a month there is no news on when it's going to be delivered. I read on another thread that baby ceeber is available immediately.

Hi Subham - Read you entire post and after considering your reason for buying the bike, I would strongly recommend the ZMA (one before ZMR).

While CBR is a great bike and a VFM product, the pillion comfort you will get on the ZMA is not something the baby CBR can match. The only next bigger bike your wife will feel comfortable on after the ZMA is the N650.

Since you are looking for a bike which will be used predominantly for city rides and daily commuting with your wife, the CBR might be a bit uncomfortable.

Also, as you mentioned you would rarely cross the 80kmph due to which the SIXTH gear on CBR would be left unused and might not to justice to money you plonk on the bike nor will it be healthy for the engine life in the long run. On the other hand, relaxed cruising around 70-80kmph on the ZMA will be a breeze and that's where the ZMAs sweet spot lies (for CBR it is stress-free cruising around 90kmph @ rpm of 5K on sixth gear). My comment is based purely on experience with the Karizma as well as the CBR. Keeping the CBR even below 70s during the running in has been a pain, she just loves being revved and is very good at it.

Hoping this was helpful.

Last edited by mantrig : 7th October 2011 at 16:04.
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 19:25   #146
BHPian

Quote:

Owned a Karizma for 8 years and ridden the ZMA-R too over multiple long distance trips. My 2 cents on the questions u asked
1. I have been commuting with my friend to Gurgaon from West Delhi and he feels happy on the CBR. With a pillion, the bike doesnt bottom out - the ZMA / ZMA-R does if the rider and pillion are heavy. Plus u cant compare the stability feel of a mono vs ZMA's conventional set-up

2. The CBR has lots more power and torque than the ZMA / ZMA-R. This shows in daily traffic. My commute for example happens with a pillion and the CBR picks up very cleanly from low engine speeds of 3k or so in the first 4 gears and 4k or so in 5th and 6th. Issue is that unlike ZMA / ZMA-R, dont expect the bike to pick up speeds in 2nd or 3rd from 2-2.5k rpm easily. However, once in the sweet spot of 4-6k, the CBR is super good.
In 6th, at 4k, she is 64, and at 5k, she is at around 81.
Plus I feel that at times the ZMA / ZMA-R do feel lil underpowered with a pillion as compared to the CBR

ZMA-R is around 97, the CBR 1.43 in Delhi. U will need to shell out 46k more or around 45% more cost but i guess its worth it.
1. Better looks
2. Better feel
3. Better handling
4. Better power
5. Better with a pillion.

Fuel economy ofcourse will be less, around 15% less than the ZMA-R in similar conditions but then, 2wheelers loans are meant for a reason. Spend that extra and the CBR will keep u happy and satisfied for more years as compared to the ZMA-R.

Again, my 2 cents
BunnyPunia is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 19:27   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post

Congrats Bunny!!! On your new purchase.

Have been reading your pieces right from the days I took to automobile mags & forums. Now will be following your blog on CBR, along with your posts on board which will be as helpful as your other articles.

It's a pleasure to have you on this thread and look forward to your feedback/suggestions.
Thanks a lot pal
Shall be sharing experiences like always
BunnyPunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 22:52   #148
BHPian

Quote:
ZMA-R is around 97, the CBR 1.43 in Delhi. U will need to shell out 46k more or around 45% more cost but i guess its worth it.
Thanks mate for the detailed comparison and your 2000dollars worth advice. Because that is the extra amount(almost) i need to get the CBR. ZMA-R is 92 OTR while the Honda is at 172 here in Bangalore. If i were thinking for the loan option this would not have hurt but in full cash form i will have to stretch. Any way for all the info you guys have given I will try to get a test ride or at least mount on the bike tomorrow.
shubhamAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 18:51   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Picked up mine on the 29th September. Done 390km as of today.
The first service is not at 500-600km but 1000km or 30days whichever is earlier. And yes, these are modern day machines and hence u can safely keep 5k on the tachometer.
I commute 65km each day and 50% of the riding is in 5th and 6th and these are the rpms I am sticking to right now.
Gears are smooth and the ergonomics very comfy - i stand 6 feet tall.
Fuel economy after the 2nd fill up today has turned out to be 33.61kmpl.

PS: I notice one CBR250R each day on my way back home - this bike is selling like hot cakes here in Delhi!
Congrats
Same here in bangalore, i do see atleast one bike now everyday.
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 19:32   #150
BHPian

Quote:
1. CBR. With a pillion, the bike doesnt bottom out -
Plus u cant compare the stability feel of a mono vs ZMA's conventional set-up.

2. The CBR has lots more power and torque than the ZMA / ZMA-R. This shows in daily traffic.

Spend that extra and the CBR will keep u happy and satisfied for more years as compared to the ZMA-R.

+1 very true.... nice .
degenr8 is offline   Reply With Quote