Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 6th February 2006, 18:07   #1
BHPian

Default Biker problems in Bandra ?

Just saw this article in Mid-Day... does anyone know what the true story is ?

"Dhoom bikers taken to task"

http://ww1.mid-day.com/news/city/200...ary/130250.htm
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2006, 18:56   #2
BHPian

Angry

bikers image is spolied cus of these kinda riders,,
wheelieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2006, 19:08   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelieboy
bikers image is spolied cus of these kinda riders,,
My wife was driving home one day with our 3 yr 9 month old son in his car seat and she was surounded by some bikers. They kept circling her car over taking it and then letting her pass. Their actions might not have been intentional but they sure scared her. Anyway she drove home without an incident.

Is she reading too much into these bikers (after effects of movies like Mad Max) or are they really upto no good?
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 04:10   #4
BHPian

yes.. the story is very much true.. one of my friends was busted that night at Bandra police station and show this case come up there
50paise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 07:29   #5
Team-BHP Support

Most of us have come across these hooligans at some point. All I can say is, the public road is no place to play the monkey. Serves them right.
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 09:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

I hate such bikers...i've been hit in the rear by a biker twice this week itself!!! Idiots follow too close and are not able to stop in time. Both cases they picked up their bikes and left as if nothing had happened...I was in heavy traffic couldnt even catch up. My car is left with a huge dent between the tail-lamps and the bumper. Can you believe it both the bikers hit at the exact same place on the car. Bikers beware! Grrrr!!!

And yeah drifter is back.

Drifter
drifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 09:47   #7
BANNED

These idiots are just ruining it for the rest of us that like to take our bike's out in the night and just go for a peaceful ride... if anyone here knows the moron's doing this PLEASE TELL THEM TO QUIT IT
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 10:54   #8
BANNED

I've experienced these idiots too. They're just a bunch of semi-literates on souped-up mopeds who think they're bikers. Sadly, they're giving all real bikers a bad name.

Someone should explain to them that a performance machine is not a Pulsar with a toilet pipe stuck to the silencer.
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 11:47   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
I've experienced these idiots too. They're just a bunch of semi-literates on souped-up mopeds who think they're bikers. Sadly, they're giving all real bikers a bad name.

Someone should explain to them that a performance machine is not a Pulsar with a toilet pipe stuck to the silencer.
Well said Shiva... most of them ar all fart and no go...
Old 8th March 2006, 11:53   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
And yeah drifter is back.

Drifter
bloody good , my first friend from the forum . . . been ages since i had seen a post from you.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 13:05   #11
Team-BHP Support

Yup but they scared the bloody hell out of my wife. If she were alone she'd show them but she had her son with her. Maybe I gotta get her a big dog.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 13:10   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Yup but they scared the bloody hell out of my wife. If she were alone she'd show them but she had her son with her. Maybe I gotta get her a big dog.
OR one of those flexible baton's.. the kind they use abroad... lethal and (il)legal!
Old 8th March 2006, 13:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
toilet pipe...... well said....!
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 13:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

don't care whether a Pulsar is a performance machine or not (in the Indian context its pretty decent, and has made long distance riding at least a possibility) Its not even about bikes or 'bikers'.

The issue is about responsible use of public places. Its as bad as peeing along someone's boundary wall - and both car and bike freaks do this, so its non-exclusive. There are plenty of illegal and potentially dangerous public drags on both bikes and in cars.
zenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 14:28   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx
don't care whether a Pulsar is a performance machine or not (in the Indian context its pretty decent, and has made long distance riding at least a possibility) Its not even about bikes or 'bikers'.

The issue is about responsible use of public places. Its as bad as peeing along someone's boundary wall - and both car and bike freaks do this, so its non-exclusive. There are plenty of illegal and potentially dangerous public drags on both bikes and in cars.
True but to kind of dwell on a point you stated... I'm sure we have all pee'd along someone's boundary wall at one time or another on our travells...