Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2014, 12:49   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Everything is normal with my CBR; 3 weekend ago a good friend of mine & an excellent rider who accompanied with me for HVK Monsoon Drive at Goa met with an accident & broke his Tibia despite he wearing super protective clothing, riding an ABS equipped vehicle and being a real good rider.

Even after 3 weeks I'm still recovering from the shock; during this time, I had to bring his CBR back as well as mine from Goa. I'm using his CBR until I could get mine.

Oh Damn, and you say he was wearing good quality protection? That is bad .

Guess somethings cant be avoided with safety gear too! :( Because Nothing protects the tibia. Knee guards dont reach that down!
Old 30th July 2014, 13:08   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Because Nothing protects the tibia. Knee guards dont reach that down!
No no, my Thor does

And trust me he always wears his knee guards & just for this ride he had used his RJays riding pants & this happened!!
Old 30th July 2014, 13:16   #348
Senior - BHPian

Ganesh, you are the perfect advertisement to the versatility of the CBR.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope he gets well soon. And yes, I had a crash 2 years ago - wasn't wearing knee guards that day and got a hit on the tibia. Thankfully it didn't break but I have muscle damage.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 13:55   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No no, my Thor does

And trust me he always wears his knee guards & just for this ride he had used his RJays riding pants & this happened!!
Sad.As if fate made him not to wear knee guards. Hope for a speedy recovery. Is your friend the same guy who is seen riding a CBR in the video posted earlier of HVK ride?

Good that your knee guards protect the full leg.Which model of thor are those and where did you buy them from?
Old 30th July 2014, 22:00   #350
BANNED

Today went to Muthoot honda , Kochi,for enquiry .The SA mentioned 4 months for delivery of ABS model (2.08lakhs).Why this much delay? Is it the same everywhere? Now looking for used piece. There is a 2014 model cbr 250 with 3000 kms on the odo for 2 lakhs. What's your opinion
Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 22:13   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Today went to Muthoot honda , Kochi,for enquiry .The SA mentioned 4 months for delivery of ABS model (2.08lakhs).Why this much delay? Is it the same everywhere? Now looking for used piece. There is a 2014 model cbr 250 with 3000 kms on the odo for 2 lakhs. What's your opinion
Thanks
In Bangalore , any color ABS is available in 2 weeks .Just FYI. You can use this info to confront the dealer
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 04:31   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Today went to Muthoot honda , Kochi,..What's your opinion
Thanks
Why? Go to EVM Honda, they're bigger dealer & will have sufficient stock; if Kochi doesn't have one, ask them to try one in Muvattupuzha.

And no, it's not the same everywhere, but, ofcourse, few Honda motorcycles are having waiting period, not just C250R.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 22:09   #353
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
In Bangalore , any color ABS is available in 2 weeks .Just FYI. You can use this info to confront the dealer
Thanks Aargee, sagarpadaki. ..Please advice regarding purchase of 2014 March ,3000km run , ABS model for 2.03lakhs.
Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 22:08   #354
BHPian

Quote:
No no, my Thor does
I have the same model. Thor Sector knee guards, I believe. I have a query regarding the same: How do you keep the upper part of the guard (the one that covers the patella) fixed? Asking since it doesn't have any strap for that.
Old 3rd August 2014, 08:36   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
How do you keep the upper part of the guard (the one that covers the patella) fixed? Asking since it doesn't have any strap for that.
Means during a regular use or during an incident? Reason to ask is because, it stays there covering entire knee (incl Patella bone) under normal use.

During incident...yes, that's the drawback, I stated here or in some other post, of knee guards where the bionic ones comes to rescue. Unfortunately, the bionics don't have full length of cover as much as moto cross knee guards.
Old 3rd August 2014, 14:45   #356
Senior - BHPian

For all those who are having a friendly neighborhood third party automobile spare part shop whom you can rely on for your motorcycle... Good news!!

You now can get HMSI spares at your local spares parts shop.

If you have a good rapport, may be you can get even CBR spares. Only problem I see is, may be the ASC doesn't accept spares bought from outside
Old 5th August 2014, 12:57   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Means during a regular use or during an incident? Reason to ask is because, it stays there covering entire knee (incl Patella bone) under normal use.

During incident...yes, that's the drawback, I stated here or in some other post, of knee guards where the bionic ones comes to rescue. Unfortunately, the bionics don't have full length of cover as much as moto cross knee guards.
Yes, I meant in case of an incident, how do you ensure that it will stay put. That is the only thing that keeps me worried. Otherwise it gives pretty good shin protection too.
By the way, a detailed review on the rear tyre vs the ones you have used, is due. Or did I miss it?
Old 5th August 2014, 15:40   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For all those who are having a friendly neighborhood third party automobile spare part shop whom you can rely on for your motorcycle... Good news!!

You now can get HMSI spares at your local spares parts shop.

If you have a good rapport, may be you can get even CBR spares. Only problem I see is, may be the ASC doesn't accept spares bought from outside
And the news is true. Last week, I bought a genuine Honda air filter for my bike from a spare parts shop. Print price - Rs. 169/-, he asked for Rs. 160/- which I happily paid and moved.
Old 5th August 2014, 18:40   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I meant in case of an incident, how do you ensure that it will stay put. That is the only thing that keeps me worried
Bionic knee guard

Quote:
By the way, a detailed review on the rear tyre vs the ones you have used, is due. Or did I miss it?
Not missed; I haven't put any decent Km yet. But in wet weather its pretty good so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
And the news is true...which I happily paid and moved.
Old 13th August 2014, 15:10   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea when the CBR 250R 2014 (the ones available in Indonesia) getting launched in India? Or is the CBR 300R coming to India this year.

I am looking to replace my aging RTR which has clocked around 1.2 lakh kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks