Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 26th November 2014, 18:16   #406
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Parked last Friday; bike was in covered shed, not fully covered though, this is what I see this morning. Nice quality isn't it?
Nothing to do with quality, everything to do with the salinity. My 500 spent a forced separation from me once in 2006-2007. 3 months in Chennai. Under a proper garage cover. When she came back I was aghast to see the shape she was in. Rust everywhere. Took me nearly a month of regular cleaning and polishing (and a variety of chemical and rubs) to get her back to her pristine sparkling Puneri shaan. That weather is horrible for vehicles. Same with Mumbai. But in my experience, Chennai is worse. Much worse.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2014, 15:37   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Nothing to do with quality...Chennai is worse. Much worse.
Doctor, that's why the rotor on my Rx is still pristine I should've taken the pic of Yamaha's rotor as well
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2014, 18:39   #408
BHPian

Guys, my CBR battery dies after 2.5 years. My trusted battery dealer was suggesting SF Sonic Torque, any experience with it? (he did the same (SF) for my Civic and have been happy). The model is called Torue. MRP is 1780 and he is offering at 1400 rs. (since I have been his customer for last 15 years)

http://www.sfsonicpower.com/products...r/mobiker-1440

Last edited by madbullram : 27th November 2014 at 18:39. Reason: missed link
madbullram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2014, 01:36   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Guys, my CBR battery dies after 2.5 years. My trusted battery dealer was suggesting SF Sonic Torque, any experience with it? (he did the same (SF) for my Civic and have been happy). The model is called Torue. MRP is 1780 and he is offering at 1400 rs. (since I have been his customer for last 15 years)

http://www.sfsonicpower.com/products...r/mobiker-1440
Just keep these few points in mind...
1. The battery has to be 6Ah as per the stock battery
2. Ensure it sits tight in the OE clamp. No juggad work
3. Last but not the least, match the tech spec of SF with tech spec of Exide's 6 Ah battery & it has to be the same or slightly superior without compromising on point #2
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2014, 11:23   #410
BHPian

Thanks Aargee. Verified everything. I think its the same battery renamed as SF. It fits perfectly to the T. The bike is back to its original state at almost 800 rs less (they said 2200 rs for Exide in dealership). Took me 10 mins to replace

Here is the spec brochure:
http://agnesbattery.com/images/docs/sf-sonic-torque.zip

Last edited by madbullram : 28th November 2014 at 11:25.
madbullram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2014, 11:59   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVenugopal View Post
Hi,
I wanted to know about some tyres for tea CBR. The ContiGo's that come standard on the bike don't really inspire confidence in the corners and wet grip is questionable. I've currently shortlisted the Michelin Pilot Radial, The IRC roadwinners and a Pirelli one (I'm not sure about the model). Which one should i choose?
Hi SidVenugopal, i recently changed the rubber at both ends of my CBR. The company fitted ContiGo were a real shame, and at high speeds, keeping up on the turns was really scary. Wet grip, as you had mentioned was not there at all, forget on turning, but even in straight line.

Hence, i changed both the tyres. For front i got a Metzeler, and for rear i got a Pirelli. For FE purpose, i kept the rear dimensions same and for front i went for a bit broader size.

Front- Metzeler - 120/70 ZR17 M/C (58W) - Rs.3800/-
Rear - Pirelli - Sport Demon - 140/70 R17 M/C (66H) - Rs.4400/-

I am really happy with the trade pattern and grip, both dry and wet. You can go ahead with this combination.

As the ContiGo had a few cracks, i went to the local Continental dealer, and got the refund of Rs. 2000/-for the old tyres.

Hope this will solve your query.

Regards
Keep Revvin'

Last edited by allien936 : 28th November 2014 at 12:02.
allien936 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2014, 12:25   #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by allien936 View Post
Hi SidVenugopal, i recently changed the rubber at both ends of my CBR. The company fitted ContiGo were a real shame, and at high speeds, keeping up on the turns was really scary. Wet grip, as you had mentioned was not there at all, forget on turning, but even in straight line.

Hence, i changed both the tyres. For front i got a Metzeler, and for rear i got a Pirelli. For FE purpose, i kept the rear dimensions same and for front i went for a bit broader size.

I am really happy with the trade pattern and grip, both dry and wet. You can go ahead with this combination.

As the ContiGo had a few cracks, i went to the local Continental dealer, and got the refund of Rs. 2000/-for the old tyres.

Regards
Keep Revvin'
Thanks. I think I will be picking up the PSD's mostly. I had an opportunity to ride a continental GT and was pretty pleased with how nicely the tyres complimented the bike. Did you find an overall difference in how the bike handled? I am having issues with the rear tyre losing grip and skidding upon hard braking, hence the need for a change.
SidVenugopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2014, 12:25   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVenugopal View Post
Did you find an overall difference in how the bike handled? I am having issues with the rear tyre losing grip and skidding upon hard braking, hence the need for a change.
Now after the tyre change the grip is amazing. Pirelli rubber is softer and hence better grip.Trade ware will also be prolonged, as compared to Conti. Overall, i can ride faster and turn even harder with the confidence that i have got through this combination.
Regards
Keep Revvin'

Last edited by allien936 : 1st December 2014 at 12:29.
allien936 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2014, 13:15   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allien936 View Post

Regards
Keep Revvin'
Wowza! You got 2000 bucks just on the old tyres? That is a good deal isn't it? I've never done that before - always just left it at the tyre place.

And that's a good price for the PSD - here we are being offered it for 5k!
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2014, 17:13   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Wowza! You got 2000 bucks just on the old tyres? That is a good deal isn't it? I've never done that before - always just left it at the tyre place.
Sirji...that can be done with any tire for that matter for the unused tire; works like refund on prorata basis. We all leave the worn out tire at tire place like you.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2014, 17:20   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Sirji...that can be done with any tire for that matter for the unused tire; works like refund on prorata basis. We all leave the worn out tire at tire place like you.
Bwahahaha and I thought I had missed something. Hehe. Ok

But good price for the PSD - even Lets Gear Up is charging 5k. Need to change the back tyre. No hike. Year end. Troubles, troubles.
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2014, 20:17   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I had claimed them under warranty. Though after two years, but thought of taking a chance. For warranty on tyres, Honda says one has to contact directly the supplier or the maker. I had gone to the Honda showroom, those guys clicked some pictures for reference, then told me to contact Continental dealer. I mailed the company, but all in vain. Then while getting the new tyres, that dealer said lets take a chance. Hence the refund
allien936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2014, 09:59   #418
Team-BHP Support

Are there issues with availability?

Happened to visit the showroom in Kondapur, Hyderabad.
The bike was not even put up on display. When asked the staff replied that it will take at least 2 months for delivery.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2014, 10:20   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Happened to visit the showroom in Kondapur, Hyderabad.
The bike was not even put up on display. When asked the staff replied that it will take at least 2 months for delivery.
Its the same case in Bangalore too at the Mekhri Circle. No supply of the 250 from the factory and the sales rep said the new CBR would arrive in Jan/Feb time frame next year. When the Sales rep mentioned new CBR, I asked 250 or 300 to which he had no clue.

I am sure that we need to consider this new with a pinch of salt.

To other members our here, any inside info on the CBR300 arriving at our shores? I am keen on picking this up.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 00:07   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Its the same case in Bangalore too at the Mekhri Circle
Same scenario in Madras as well; they're expecting new lot & hence they've stopped taking booking on CBR 250R. Whether the new lot will have new model of CBR 250R or CBR 300 or same old CBR 250R...only HMSI knows as the dealers themselves have no clue!!

I seriously don't like this attitude of HMSI!!
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote