Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 3rd December 2014, 13:59   #421
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I seriously don't like this attitude of HMSI!!
My Splendor's FC will run out in a couple of month. In two minds about whether to renew it or buy a new bike, I went to Lodha Honda. When I enquired about Unicorn, Trigger and Activa 125, the salesman proudly said "not available sir. In fact those three have a three month waiting period. Fast moving items sir!"

Me : (Annoyed and indicating the other models in the show room) "So you mean to say there are no takers for these?"

A sheepish grin was the only reply!

The CBR 250 R was not on display and they had no idea about any upgraded version.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 14:54   #422
BHPian

The production ended in July. The new model is bound to replace it sometime next year. So the last 5 months has been purely stock clearance. Waiting list is long because the models roll from factory as per booking allotment. If you book now, you will probably get a refund if the bike is no longer available. Almost all dealers have stopped taking orders now.
Nithesh_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 20:38   #423
Senior - BHPian

I hope CBR300R will be new launch when it happens. I for one would be terribly disappointed if they got the same old 250cc motor with fairing. I am waiting for the fully faired 300cc so that I can replace my pulsar. . It just does not make any business sense to plonk in the old motor when the new one is launched across globe.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 3rd December 2014 at 20:40.
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 22:23   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Doesn't anyone have any contacts with HMSI's vendors. They will know what parts they have been contracted to supply, for the new bike, or old.

Next will be service personnel:- whether they have gone for training for a new bike.

If a massively updated bike is going to be launched, HMSI is between a rock and a hard place. Introducing a new bike in Nov/ Dec is suicidal. If there is no frenzy for it initially, it is DOA. (Such is the power of perception re: hits and flops). On the other hand, announcing a date in the new year will mean remaining old stock will have to be deeply discounted if it is to be shifted.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 01:03   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
My Splendor's FC...no idea about any upgraded version.
Sir, what vehicle you're looking for in Honda. Please go to JSP Honda Aminjikarai or Anna Nagar & please PM me a day or so before that. I'll get things a little better for you.

I'll need to check if anything can be done with Surya Honda for you, please let me know if this is nearer for you.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 11:30   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Doesn't anyone have any contacts with HMSI's vendors. They will know what parts they have been contracted to supply, for the new bike, or old.

Next will be service personnel:- whether they have gone for training for a new bike.

If a massively updated bike is going to be launched, HMSI is between a rock and a hard place. Introducing a new bike in Nov/ Dec is suicidal. If there is no frenzy for it initially, it is DOA. (Such is the power of perception re: hits and flops). On the other hand, announcing a date in the new year will mean remaining old stock will have to be deeply discounted if it is to be shifted.

Regards
Sutripta
Actually, the stocks have been clearing from July. You cannot book the leftovers anymore. HMSI was really smart in the process. The last few bikes were not dispatched to be stocked at warehouses of all showrooms, instead they were only dispatched in single units to individual cities based on booking numbers.

The 300 is just about confirmed, and training will only take place after the model gets announced and before delivery, just as they did with the 250R. Model will only roll out sometime next year, they have to meet their promise of new models every 4 months afterall
Old 5th December 2014, 16:23   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Actually, the stocks have been clearing from July. You cannot book the leftovers anymore. HMSI was really smart in the process. The last few bikes were not dispatched to be stocked at warehouses of all showrooms, instead they were only dispatched in single units to individual cities based on booking numbers.

The 300 is just about confirmed, and training will only take place after the model gets announced and before delivery, just as they did with the 250R. Model will only roll out sometime next year, they have to meet their promise of new models every 4 months afterall
It might be entirely true, but Honda needs to have sent some message to its dealers, that they need to push the existing stocks and clear the inventories. When I visited the showroom ( three different ones in Coimbatore! ) with the news that the replacement is on its way, none of them cared much - I thought the poor reception was because they wanted me to buy the existing stock, while I kept asking about the replacement

I also saw a person who really intended to book the existing bike, but the response to him was quite the same too. He walked back with an unhappy face, and I doubt if he will come back to Honda ever again.
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 16:55   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
It might be entirely true, but Honda needs to have sent some message to its dealers, that they need to push the existing stocks and clear the inventories. When I visited the showroom ( three different ones in Coimbatore! ) with the news that the replacement is on its way, none of them cared much - I thought the poor reception was because they wanted me to buy the existing stock, while I kept asking about the replacement

I also saw a person who really intended to book the existing bike, but the response to him was quite the same too. He walked back with an unhappy face, and I doubt if he will come back to Honda ever again.
Did you ask how many models were still left in their warehouses? Because in most cities as per our various social networking groups, the bikes are already sold out and dealerships are no longer taking any bookings which is why i said the "last few" bikes are rolling from factory directly based on orders still pending.

If you have info on the number of stocks left in Coimbatore warehouses, please inbox me the details. I know a few people who are still awaiting delivery around the area in the last 2 months who might be able to procure it from there instead of waiting forever.

My local dealers were the ones who told me about Honda ending production and delivering units based on orders and this was told to me way back in August. There hasn't been deliveries at my local dealership since 2 months, so its quite surprising to know Coimbatore dealerships still have them in stock.
Old 7th December 2014, 17:41   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Sir, what vehicle you're looking for in Honda. Please go to JSP Honda Aminjikarai or Anna Nagar & please PM me a day or so before that. I'll get things a little better for you.

I'll need to check if anything can be done with Surya Honda for you, please let me know if this is nearer for you.
Sure, I will check with you if I decide on a Honda. I was interested in the Activa 125 with disc brake.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 08:14   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
If you have info on the number of stocks left in Coimbatore warehouses, please inbox me the details. I know a few people who are still awaiting delivery around the area in the last 2 months who might be able to procure it from there instead of waiting forever.

....There hasn't been deliveries at my local dealership since 2 months, so its quite surprising to know Coimbatore dealerships still have them in stock.
Hi Nitesh, unfortunately, none of the showrooms showed any interest to sell the bike. They gave no clue about the bike being available at the dealership, nor did they show any enthusiasm by taking my number to call back when the bike was available. So I am guessing even they are out of stocks and Honda hasn't given them any info on the updated bike yet!
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 12:36   #431
BHPian

Hi friends.My cbr has clocked 18500 kms and is due for chain replacement.Has anyone tried smaller rear sprocket for rear?
Cbr has been running smoothly and the tires are worn out.how good is downsizing the front tire from 110/70 to 100/80? I have tried various shops but unable to find the default size in chennai.any inputs would be of great help to me.Thanks.
nitninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 14:55   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitninja View Post
Hi friends.My cbr has clocked 18500 kms and is due for chain replacement.Has anyone tried smaller rear sprocket for rear?
Cbr has been running smoothly and the tires are worn out.how good is downsizing the front tire from 110/70 to 100/80? I have tried various shops but unable to find the default size in chennai.any inputs would be of great help to me.Thanks.
You can buy Pirellii in default size online from revz.co.in. I bought front tire from them and the service was good, though I had to wait for a couple of weeks.

http://revz.co.in/Pirelli/110-70-R17...id-833304.html
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 15:00   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitninja View Post
Go to Whites road & look out for Lal Enterprises, if they don't have then almost no one else will have it in Madras.

BTW, stay off from upsize, downsize, left size & just go with right size
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 16:33   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
You can buy Pirellii in default size online from revz.co.in. I bought front tire from them and the service was good, though I had to wait for a couple of weeks.

http://revz.co.in/Pirelli/110-70-R17...id-833304.html
Thanks sir. I can't wait for weeks as the front tire has totally given up and I am already facing lots of nervous moments, morover I am leaving on a 1000 kms trip in next two days, so can't be touring on a worn out tire. I will be fitting Michelin Pilot sporty 100/80 today and will update this thread with my experience. Thanks again
nitninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2015, 18:47   #435
Senior - BHPian

New Year Gift from my CBR 250R, this morning
Honda CBR 250R Review-10353722_10203559525412254_1933704186853133984_n.jpg
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote