Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 1st January 2015, 21:54   #436
BHPian

Default Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
New Year Gift from my CBR 250R, this morning
Not good man! Kindly get this to six digit figures asap!

Pick up the bike and come to the City of Joy, my home awaits.
dreamseller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2015, 15:57   #437
BHPian

After 3 and a half years, my bike's battery finally died. Got a stock replacement from Exide. Costed me Rs. 1400, inclusive of the Rs. 100 as buyback for the old battery. So far so good.
dreamseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 08:57   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
After 3 and a half years, my bike's battery finally died. Got a stock replacement from Exide. Costed me Rs. 1400, inclusive of the Rs. 100 as buyback for the old battery. So far so good.
Yes, the stock battery brand is good enough; for me it lasted nearly 2.5 years & about 49000 Km. I'm running on 2nd set of battery since then. Don't know how long it will last or how reliable is it going to be.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 10:11   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
I don't know if it is winters [Brrrrrr] or something else, but my bike doesn't start in the 1st (short) attempt. Either in 2nd attempt or I got to keep the starter pressed a wee bit longer.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 18:54   #440
Senior - BHPian

Same here, I presume its Winter; I've to press a little longer than usual to get the vehicle started in the morning (like they say, kick more in the morning)
Old 20th January 2015, 18:56   #441
BHPian

I recently got a replica Akrapovic slip on exhaust for my 250, the bike sounds pretty loud even with db killer and I feel a noticeable difference in the way bike performs in lower rpm.
BANDHAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 21:19   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I don't know if it is winters [Brrrrrr] or something else, but my bike doesn't start in the 1st (short) attempt. Either in 2nd attempt or I got to keep the starter pressed a wee bit longer.
Quote:
Same here, I presume its Winter; I've to press a little longer than usual to get the vehicle started in the morning (like they say, kick more in the morning)
Same here. I'm convinced now that it's the weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
I recently got a replica Akrapovic slip on exhaust for my 250, the bike sounds pretty loud even with db killer and I feel a noticeable difference in the way bike performs in lower rpm.
Yes, removing the catcon from the exhaust route does improve the low end. My bike doesn't knock at 3-3.5k RPMs, unlike stock. Added bonus is the shaving off of the kerb weight.
Old 22nd January 2015, 22:07   #443
BHPian

How are Leo Vince's exhaust for the CBR250r? Anyone used ? I am planning to replace the current exhaust with an aftermarket. OPtions , Opinions , Suggestions welcome
iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2015, 20:34   #444
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I guess I am one of the last few buyers of the Honda CBR 250R before it is phased out completely and replaced by the 300R. But as they say, better late than never.

I have opted for the Red-Black Standard in Bangalore. Booking was done yesterday and the bike will be delivered on Monday evening.

The bike is a December 2014 model (The 9th and 10th characters in the Chassis no. are "L" and "E" respectively) and I am getting a few freebies after some negotiations - free extended warranty, free bike cover and a 1k cash discount.

What I want to know is - how is the spares scene for the CBR in Bangalore? The Sales exec says there are no issues now as there are considerable no. of bikes on the road. Also, with the bike being phased out, will we face more issues with the spares in the future?

PS: I am upgrading/downgrading (It's how you see it) from the KTM Duke 390. I am used to the responsive Bajaj/KTM ASS and friendly service managers. Can I expect 10% of it from Honda ASS?

Last edited by Added_flavor : 14th February 2015 at 20:37.
Added_flavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2015, 21:40   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
What I want to know is - how is the spares scene for the CBR in Bangalore? The Sales exec says there are no issues now as there are considerable no. of bikes on the road. Also, with the bike being phased out, will we face more issues with the spares in the future?

PS: I am upgrading/downgrading (It's how you see it) from the KTM Duke 390. I am used to the responsive Bajaj/KTM ASS and friendly service managers. Can I expect 10% of it from Honda ASS?
There are good number of CBRs in Bangalore, and i have not heard any major issues with parts till now. Regarding service, we have a couple of service center which have decent feedback, so i don't think there is anything to worry about.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2015, 22:48   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Folks,

I guess I am one of the last few buyers of the Honda CBR 250R before it is phased out completely and replaced by the 300R. But as they say, better late than never.

The bike is a December 2014 model (The 9th and 10th characters in the Chassis no. are "L" and "E" respectively) and I am getting a few freebies after some negotiations - free extended warranty, free bike cover and a 1k cash discount.

Hi Added_flavor, if the new cbr300r is around the corner, any reason opting for the older model? . Since you are coming from a 390 Duke cbr will be slow. You won't get that mad acceleration. This has more linear acceleration. Hope you are ready for that

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 14th February 2015 at 22:49.
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2015, 11:30   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Appears I missed this. I was/am looking forward to upgrade to a D-390 from a 250R, but apprehensive, apprehensive because ASC is ~400 kms away (round trip) and that forum is filled with lots of gremlins/glitches associated with KTM's.

Could you please share your experience?

My experience with Japanese has been just that, fill it, shut it, forget it.

EDIT:
Quote:
There're delays, but they've been noted only with HMSI in supplying the spares but not with ASC.
Considering grey/silver combo was discontinued sometimes back, I got my fairing pieces (left, rear panel) in some time, so yes, delays are there from HMSI, but dealer is ok.

The starting has gone back to its 1 push start option.

Recent experience - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3627200

Last edited by Sheel : 15th February 2015 at 11:56.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2015, 11:47   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I want to know is - how is the spares scene for the CBR in Bangalore? The Sales exec says there are no issues now as there are considerable no. of bikes on the road. Also, with the bike being phased out, will we face more issues with the spares in the future?...Can I expect 10% of it from Honda ASS?
As I keep saying, everything depends upon your dealer, dealer & dealer!! Right from my whole engine replacement till this date, I've had no issues with whatever I've asked. There're delays, but they've been noted only with HMSI in supplying the spares but not with ASC.

And HMSI spares are not that hard (until now) there're noteable delay of 1 week to 10 days & our ASC does a very good job in stocking up things for my needs until now.

So, it purely depends upon ASC & customer. Build a very good rapport (professionally) & you'll certainly enjoy a good & happy ownership
Old 15th February 2015, 13:57   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Hi Added_flavor, if the new cbr300r is around the corner, any reason opting for the older model? . Since you are coming from a 390 Duke cbr will be slow. You won't get that mad acceleration. This has more linear acceleration. Hope you are ready for that
I have ridden the CBR enough to understand how it performs Sir. For me, an upgrade is not only/necessarily in terms of power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Appears I missed this. I was/am looking forward to upgrade to a D-390 from a 250R, but apprehensive, apprehensive because ASC is ~400 kms away (round trip) and that forum is filled with lots of gremlins/glitches associated with KTM's.

Could you please share your experience?

My experience with Japanese has been just that, fill it, shut it, forget it.
Well I love the Duke for it's absolute brute performance! There's so match in the market today to the Duke/RC 390 in terms of performance!

The reasons I am opting a Honda (CBR) after owning a Duke and riding it for almost 11000 km are a combination of changing needs and frustrating niggles that keep cropping up, giving one a feeling that it is not built to last. These are strictly my thoughts and experiences. In the interest of this thread, I will not go into details.

In a nutshell, after having upgraded from a Honda (Karizma '04) to a KTM (read Bajaj), I have been craving for the refinement, the headache and hassle free ownership experience that I had with a Honda.

So you can opt for it if you are fine with visits to the service centre between scheduled services. But then again, you might not have to.

The one thing I have noticed with all Bajaj bikes over the last ten years is that they are consistently inconsistent. You might land up with an absolutely amazing bike with no issues or you might get one with constant niggles! I have seen Bajaj bikes touch the 5 figure on the odo and also seen some with rebuilt engines at 20K!

Quote:

So, it purely depends upon ASC & customer. Build a very good rapport (professionally) & you'll certainly enjoy a good & happy ownership
Hmm I guess that holds good in all walks of life.

The sales experience till now has been very pleasant. I hope the service experience will continue to be the same too.

Last edited by Added_flavor : 15th February 2015 at 14:01.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2015, 15:31   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
How are Leo Vince's exhaust for the CBR250r? Anyone used ? I am planning to replace the current exhaust with an aftermarket. OPtions , Opinions , Suggestions welcome
My main reason for plonking a Leo Vince was to make the stray pedestrians and unruly auto-rickshaws aware of my presence, since I don't honk much.
I ride without the db killer, because the bassy sound works for me as long as I'm not wringing the throttle, at which point it sounds like a chainsaw at best. If you can live with that sound, by all means go for it. Although please don't expect a huge bump in power from the single.

Something that you need to take care is that the engine doesn't run too lean. In my case, keeping the battery disconnected overnight did the trick of making the ecu re-learn the changes in hardware and adjust accordingly.