Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2015, 08:54   #556
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 687 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Finally the day has come to replace the OEM battery. What are the options in batteries? Price ranges also please?

12v and 6AH right?
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2015, 10:54   #557
Senior - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,205
Thanked: 829 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Finally the day has come to replace the OEM battery. What are the options in batteries? Price ranges also please?

12v and 6AH right?
Are you sure it is 6AH? I ask because my '12 Pulsar 180 had 12v 9AH as standard (due to DC lighting). Please double check it.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:27   #558
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,660
Thanked: 1,982 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
What are the options in batteries? Price ranges also please?

12v and 6AH right?
Only 2 options for 12V 6Ah
1. Exide
2. Amaron
Both are priced around Rs 1800; my experience says Exide is also good, my brain says Amaron is good. Both of them are direct fit. I leave the choice for you to come back & give your feedback
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 07:14   #559
BHPian
 
Shanenanigans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 100
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Aargee, since you've had the bike for a long while, did you feel the headlamps were inadequate on the roads?

I've just moved from an Avenger, which literally lights up the entire place head to having the CBR, where I do have to be more careful while riding in the night.
Shanenanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 09:56   #560
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 687 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Are you sure it is 6AH? I ask because my '12 Pulsar 180 had 12v 9AH as standard (due to DC lighting). Please double check it.
Yup, it is 12V and 6Ah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Only 2 options for 12V 6Ah
1. Exide
2. Amaron
Both are priced around Rs 1800; my experience says Exide is also good, my brain says Amaron is good. Both of them are direct fit. I leave the choice for you to come back & give your feedback
Thanks! Will get it this weekend. Amaron seems to be hard to get though.
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 10:07   #561
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,660
Thanked: 1,982 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
Aargee, since you've had the bike for a long while, did you feel the headlamps were inadequate on the roads?
Osram Night breaker does a good job than stock 60/55. Been using it for over 1.5 years now. Used it even last night, they do better job on throw, luminosity as well as spread better for a single headlamp. That said, on a busy highway, or during rain, these headlights are bad enough. Don't know why, may be I'm catching up with age

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Thanks! Will get it this weekend. Amaron seems to be hard to get though.
I can get it for you at Bangalore, by next week or so, pls let me know.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 12:22   #562
BHPian
 
Shanenanigans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 100
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Osram Night breaker does a good job than stock 60/55. Been using it for over 1.5 years now. Used it even last night, they do better job on throw, luminosity as well as spread better for a single headlamp. That said, on a busy highway, or during rain, these headlights are bad enough. Don't know why, may be I'm catching up with age
Thank you. I find it annoying when I go for rides in the morning since the throw is terrible on the stock.

If I change the bulbs will the warranty be affected?
Shanenanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 12:45   #563
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,660
Thanked: 1,982 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
If I change the bulbs will the warranty be affected?
Anything other than stock is likely to be rejected on warranty claims by ASC & HMSI
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 14:31   #564
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 687 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

I can get it for you at Bangalore, by next week or so, pls let me know.
Thanks for the offer. I couldn't try this last weekend. Will call a few dealers and check. If they don't have it, will send you a PM. Thanks again!
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 15:23   #565
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,615
Thanked: 1,214 Times
Default

Osram night breaker or philips extreme vision should not void warranty because they have same power rating as stock.
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 21:03   #566
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,660
Thanked: 1,982 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Osram night breaker or philips extreme vision should not void warranty because they have same power rating as stock.
sir, should not is logical, but our good ASCs knock off warranty claims. Everything works ONLY on personal relationship & rapport with them & I've personally "experienced" ASCs going out of the way if the terms are good.

What I'm saying is, better safe than sorry
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015, 17:46   #567
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 687 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I can get it for you at Bangalore, by next week or so, pls let me know.
Sent you a PM. This battery seems to be hard to get.
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015, 17:49   #568
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,660
Thanked: 1,982 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Sent you a PM. This battery seems to be hard to get.
Replied to you sir. I'll see if its available in Madras. Hopefully yes as it was available in Assam, so should it be here a little easier.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015, 18:03   #569
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,593
Thanked: 3,311 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

When is its successor coming. In Gurgaon i can't seem to find a CBR anymore. Stocks have run out to make way for the CBR 300. How is it elsewhere?
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015, 20:26   #570
BHPian
 
Shanenanigans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 100
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
When is its successor coming. In Gurgaon i can't seem to find a CBR anymore. Stocks have run out to make way for the CBR 300. How is it elsewhere?
Was pretty hard to source in Bangalore as well.

My mom and me had called up at least 7 dealerships to find the Tricolor ABS in stock. If I didn't buy this bike, I would've ended up getting the Duke 390.

Good thing is I got a June manufactured bike on July 3rd. Not bad at all. Booking to delivery was 1 day. Also, the bike has become pretty rare on the roads. I've seen a couple of red 250Rs, and 1 Repsol. Haven't seen a white CBR yet.
Shanenanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review mantrig Motorbikes 267 7th March 2017 06:23
Honda gives CBR 150R, CBR 250R new colours, decals for 2015 ashwin.terminat Motorbikes 23 31st October 2015 22:32
Honda recalls CBR 150R & CBR 250R for defective starter relay Added_flavor Motorbikes 0 15th August 2015 11:42
2014 Honda CBR 250R shares design with the recently unveiled CBR 300R JayPrashanth Motorbikes 6 25th October 2013 17:21
CBR 250R or CBR 600F2 sharad_kmc Superbikes & Imports 8 14th March 2013 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks