Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

View Poll Results: More Power to Bikes ?
Yes 43 81.13%
No 10 18.87%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10th February 2006, 02:06   #31
BHPian

i also say no its absolutely no use!
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2006, 20:58   #32

YES we need them...

with great powers come great responsibilities....

so its, baby's stay clear, mature ones zoom it off..

goldie.
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2006, 22:34   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
but i still say - we dont need to give more powerful bikes to the riders now , not atleast till they mature !
your say ?
Pretty obvious that you are not a bike rider, but thank god you are not the Prime Minister of the country ! This is a classic case of innocent people paying the price for a few people's misdeeds.

I have a problem if these maniacs are endangering other people's lives......but in most cases they are endangering their own lives. So, its up to them to ride responsibly and their parents to decide what to buy them.

To really solve the problem, we can adopt a system similar to Europe where for instance anybody below 19 years old cannot be allowed to ride a bike more than 250 cc.

Last edited by Mpower : 11th February 2006 at 22:37.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2006, 23:05   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is that a 276bhp OR 180kmph or both??
Both
Old 12th February 2006, 00:18   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont think top speeds are the cause for concern here. Most 2 wheeler accidents happen in city limits at speeds well below a ton.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2006, 01:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
To really solve the problem, we can adopt a system similar to Europe where for instance anybody below 19 years old cannot be allowed to ride a bike more than 250 cc.
In Singapore, I've been told that you are allowed only upto 125cc when you first get your license. As you ride through the years, you're allowed to upgrade to higher capacity bikes (I suppose they'd refer to your traffic/accident record as well, but I'm not sure). This IMHO is a good system, where you cant get morons with a fresh license driving superbikes.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2006, 02:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

but steeroid the morons with/without a fresh liscence riding even rx 100s are dangerous.the way they cut through traffic and think no one besides them are driving on the roads.i agree that a lot of power in the wrong hands is dangerous and often the cause of accidents but its not always more power.its also stupidity over confidence that leads to some of the serious accidents.

rev

rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2006, 11:41   #38
BHPian

Man, it sucks to see the strong bias against bikers. Agreed you all like cars, but can't you be a litttle more open minded about the whole thing? This thread's logic is as flawed as the Cagers reasoning.

And my answer to this poll is Yes. Powerful bikes are safer, more stable, stop faster, and have life-saving bits n pieces, as opposed to our indian jokes. Given the brain is in the right place. Goes for cars too.
powerslave12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 21:40   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave12r
Man, it sucks to see the strong bias against bikers. Agreed you all like cars, but can't you be a litttle more open minded about the whole thing? This thread's logic is as flawed as the Cagers reasoning.

And my answer to this poll is Yes. Powerful bikes are safer, more stable, stop faster, and have life-saving bits n pieces, as opposed to our indian jokes. Given the brain is in the right place. Goes for cars too.
For once I completely agree with you!
ArmourOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 21:43   #40
BHPian

I feel the main reason for accidents is that if you don't have enogh power in your bike then you try to attain much speed in your bike which then in turn ends in an accident.......hope you guys understand what I am trying to say here!

If you have enough power between your legs then you won't try to do what is impossible for you!
ArmourOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote