Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 24th January 2012, 09:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review

Quote:
Update.. 2200 Kms,
6 Months Update.
Thats some mileage you have covered within such a short span. My Activa in the last 20 months has covered only 3.9K kms.

Quote:
rats cut the wires, so kept it like that, now today hope service center will fix the wires.
This statement is confusing, You mean you havent still got the brake & headlight wires repaired. Whats the workshop's take on the frequent attack by the rats? Are the wires made of some cheese which is attracting the rats.

Quote:
In fact overall am very happy with the performance of the scooter. the ride, the engine is butter smooth, She is at best when you are cursing between 60-70 Km/Hr
Good to know that you are enjoying the ride. Dont curse her too much or she will feel offended.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:19   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
That's a good tip..... I'll also "curse" the Wego at 60-70 Km/Hr so that it will be butter smooth!

Just pulling your leg!

Prajwal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thats some mileage you have covered within such a short span. My Activa in the last 20 months has covered only 3.9K kms.

This statement is confusing, You mean you havent still got the brake & headlight wires repaired. Whats the workshop's take on the frequent attack by the rats? Are the wires made of some cheese which is attracting the rats.

Good to know that you are enjoying the ride. Dont curse her too much or she will feel offended.
This is what happens when one starts using the spell check too much

@ghodlur

Finally got the wires repaired and break light wires replaced and the work shop did not charged me for the same, he even repaired few wires. And cost of the services came 250 Rs.
I have already kept the tobaco pouch in the head light unit, also kept some pest control pouch, but of no use and after servicing, started keeping Mortin rat killer and rats simply love that .

Let hope now this time i will be able to use auto start for more days even after now almost 8-9 days things are intact, ow wego is awesome.

now giving me constant 42-45 Km/l
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 12:56   #33
BHPian

Hi

I am planning to buy a Gearless Scooter for my wife and have zeroed in on two - Hero Motor Corp's Pleasure and TVS Wego.

My wife has never driven a scooter before. She knows cycling though well enough. She is about 5' 6''. She intends to do her daily routine using this scooter like drop/pick-up kids from school, get grocery, go to shopping etc. I have twins, 4 yrs. old, and I guess eventually when she settles in with driving she would be giving both of them a ride on it. Daily driving initially will not be even 2 Km which might get extended max to 10 km once learning curve settles down.

At a tad higher pricing I think the package offered by Wego is pretty lucrative. But Pleasure on the other hand is a much widely sold scooter in this part of India with easy availability of parts and service. Moreover it is around for quite sometime and is tried and tested more than the Wego.

Pls. advice if possible on Pros & Cons of both and provide me a direction to go.

Last edited by tathagata : 17th July 2012 at 12:57. Reason: spelling mistakes
tathagata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 23:14   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tathagata View Post
Hi

I am planning to buy a Gearless Scooter for my wife and have zeroed in on two - Hero Motor Corp's Pleasure and TVS Wego.

My wife has never driven a scooter before. She knows cycling though well enough. She is about 5' 6''. She intends to do her daily routine using this scooter like drop/pick-up kids from school, get grocery, go to shopping etc. I have twins, 4 yrs. old, and I guess eventually when she settles in with driving she would be giving both of them a ride on it. Daily driving initially will not be even 2 Km which might get extended max to 10 km once learning curve settles down.

At a tad higher pricing I think the package offered by Wego is pretty lucrative. But Pleasure on the other hand is a much widely sold scooter in this part of India with easy availability of parts and service. Moreover it is around for quite sometime and is tried and tested more than the Wego.

Pls. advice if possible on Pros & Cons of both and provide me a direction to go.
In my opinion............

Since you have already chosen to go for the Wego or the Pleasure, out of the 2 wego wins hands down.

The old Activa (first gen) engine which is doing the duty in the pleasure is not that refined.

Also the Pleasure carries forward the legacy of Activa of having battery problems after a while.

The price difference is marginal by only Rs. 3000/- with Pleasure being on the cheaper side. But like the Activa all other accessories will cost you extra, like the guards, side stand, matting and so on if you opt for Pleasure. The Pleasure will give you slightly better fuel economy than the Wego but that again is very marginal.

On the other hand the Wego is total value for money as the features they offer for the price are really awesome. And the body balance tech is noteworthy while handling in traffic.

Personally I like the Wego for better handling (the 12 inch tyres, bigger wheelbase, and very soon a front disc version is due for launch), better styling and host of addons.

All said, I would recommend wego but I would advise you to go to both showrooms and take a test ride.. also let your wife have a feel of both the scooters and you will get your answer.
The Great is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2012, 09:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tathagata View Post
Hi

I am using my wego since 1 year and more than happy with it, absolutely no issues but then my running is also very less now the Odo shows somewhere around 3700 kms,
If you are comparing it with Pleasure then let me tell you its way better, it rides better, handling is good, very good headlight beam, easy to put on main stand, enough storage, front storage is useless, also due to the 12" tyres its better planted on roads.No cold start problems, too much praises but yes am loving my Wego.
And for a height 5'6" is best suited, also as TVS says it has body balance technology, the balance is really better at low speeds.
Go for Wego its best as of now, i haven't driven the Vespa yet.
parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2012, 22:19   #36
BHPian

I am planning to buy a Wego, but my only concern is the vibrations. I currently own a scooty streak and vibrations creep in once you cross 40 and I hate it. How is it with the Wego, I did test drive one and I felt even the Wego has it but definitely a lot better than the streak.
Chillout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 13:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Personally I like the Wego for better handling (the 12 inch tyres, bigger wheelbase, and very soon a front disc version is due for launch), better styling and host of addons.

All said, I would recommend wego but I would advise you to go to both showrooms and take a test ride.. also let your wife have a feel of both the scooters and you will get your answer.
Thanks for the feedback. Just came across another kid on the block - Mahindra Rodeo RZ the update avatar of the Rodeo. Though it is yet to hit Kolkata showrooms do you think it can be a worthy option considering the updates Mahindra has included in this one?

For Wego I am getting loan @ 9.9% from HDFC with DP being 23,931.00 (DP+Processing+HSRP+Smart Card+Hypo Charges+Stamp Duty+One month advance EMI), EMI being 1826.00. On Road cost for Wego in Kolkata (Belatala RTO) is 55,435.00

Is it a good deal or can it be improved further?
tathagata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 15:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

I have a Feb 2011 Wego. I experience clanking sounds from the front shocks when approaching a steep speed bump or likewise. But no sounds when the front shocks are used in a gradual and smooth way. Other Wego owners have this problem?
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 12:26   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
I have a Feb 2011 Wego. I experience clanking sounds from the front shocks when approaching a steep speed bump or likewise. But no sounds when the front shocks are used in a gradual and smooth way. Other Wego owners have this problem?
No man. My Wego is still fine. Mine is a Jan 2011 Wego. 12k kms done and still doing fine.
ks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 16:04   #40
BHPian

Hello ks14!

How is your Wego doing? Any modifications/repairs?

I own a 2012 model. Barely used (less than 3k kms). The front brakes make quite a racket these days. Have you experienced anything of the sort?

Cheers,
SlowRider.
SlowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 12:19   #41
BHPian

UPDATE: 9100 KMs
Now after 3 and half years the current odo reading is 9100 kms.

The Wego is doing fine in to her fourth year of ownership my running is low.
I have not done servicing as per the schedule mentioned by TVS i know its bad but some how ignored it. And anyways TVS uses 10w30 which is semi synthetic oil which should have better shell life.

Whats Good :
1> High speed stability and handling easily goes 80 km/hr.
2> Breaking is good and confidence inspiring.
3> Hardly any rattle from the scooter and very less vibrations.
4> Surprisingly TVS Srichakra tyres are holding good.
5> Hardly any maintenance.

Bad :
As the body is of metal, it started rusting at many places, i am thinking of repainting it.

Even the cost of spares are not much .
Only issue am facing is due to rats. They cut the cabling below the foot board and inside the headlight housing, don't know how many times my mechanic has patched my cables after the rat bite .
Following are the details of one big service where need to do fork overhaul as my scooter meet small accident when my friend collided with some biker or rickshaw don't remember exactly but no injuries to him as it was very low speed accident.

That Service costed my 2600 Rs 24th Jan 2014

1 Brake Lever : 54.22
2> Some Ball bearing : 202.66 (2 Nos )
3> Cable Throttle : 193.00
4 > Cable chock :125.53 (Dont know why they changed this.)
5 > Steering cone KIT : 242.00
6 > Brake Shoe Set 137.00
7> Fork oil : 96.00
8 > Battery component holder : 90.00
9 > Oil Supplement : 115.00 (Not needed at all )
10 > Engine Oil : 245 (10W30 )
11 > Servicing Charge : 280.00
12 > Labour for accelarator cable fitting : 60
13 : Chock cable fitting : 60 .00
14 > Fork over haul : 225.00
15 > Front wheel bearing change 60.0
16 > Front lever fitting : 35.00
17 Rear break liner fitting : 60 .00
18 > Consumables : 20.00 Rs

Final Bill is 2586.00 Including all taxes .

So am happy with this bill.

And last week changed the Battery it costed me Rs 1200.00, the new battery is dry battery 5 Amp one.

Current issues :
Fuel gauge is not working and right rear turn indicator not working i can see a hanging cable at rear thanks to the rats for this, will get it fixed soon.

Last edited by parimal_g : 28th January 2015 at 12:21.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote