Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 12th July 2011, 08:33   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Congrats mate. Baby Ceeber is quite good looking, and all those accessories make the man and the machine: one.

Liked your Vega helmet, i never knew they were inexpensive (always thought they are 4K+).

Jewelery is to women what Helmet/Gloves/etc are to men. Even i enjoy putting em on for that 12 min commute between work and stay on my 0cc HPV.
shubhamAT is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 08:34   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
With the nuts and bolts rusting, I can sense that the ancillary supplier is someone who is located near Manesar and is now very well ensconced in his business with HMSIL.
Is there anyway we can highlight this issue to Honda so they can take apt action against the supplier and/or with the supplies ?
salunkhe.vizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 08:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamAT View Post
Liked your Vega helmet, i never knew they were inexpensive (always thought they are 4K+).
They are actually 1500 only, 150 is for the visor which is optional. There is a matt finish peice in full black (slightly more expensive) which also looks quite good.

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 12th July 2011 at 08:38.
Old 12th July 2011, 08:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
I will be following your posts piling up as the miles are being munched. And yes, like I told you last time - Let me know if oil filter is available while you plan your 1st service, else I have picked up one for anyone on board who may need it.

Thanks a lot buddy, will let you know when I get there.

About munching miles, lets plan a combined ride someday (ISODOPE- Ninja, our two CBR's, and anyone else who would like to join)
Old 12th July 2011, 08:43   #20
BHPian

That's good to know. If i buy a ZMA-R i will get this helmet.
shubhamAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 09:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!

The review is nice - short and crisp.

CBR looks great in red. By considering the attention my Black CBR is getting on road, I can imagine the plight of Red. It is very annoying when cars/ bikes come very near the bike to see the bike closely.
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 09:35   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Congrats!!
It is very annoying when cars/ bikes come very near the bike to see the bike closely.
On my long ride this Sunday, one decked up Lancer pushed me on the side of the road blocking my path, rolled down the windows and asked me - how much price and cc? When I said 250, he wagged his head sideways with a Diarrhea expression and zoomed away
Old 12th July 2011, 10:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Delivery:
We waited for a few days to see if we can try some push from Honda, but days turned into a week and I finally asked my friend if I can book the bike on his name and then later transfer it to mine after a month or 2. He agreed, and the dream was suddenly very near.
Congrats Salunkhe on the baby ceeber, did not quite understand the jugad you did for the delivery, does this mean that the bike shall be registered on your friends name or how is it?
Good Stuff that you got there in terms of the safety kit, nice to see that we Indians are now paying for taking care of ourselves
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 10:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Congrats Salunkhe on the baby ceeber, did not quite understand the jugad you did for the delivery, does this mean that the bike shall be registered on your friends name or how is it?
Well, I bought it on the name of a guy I met just a few days before on Team-BHP - quite a risky proposition for the common person. Imagine my dads reaction when I told him I bought it on the name of a guy I met online. It is still on his name right now, will transfer it to my name once I get RC book for this current number. Its a different district, so the number will change as well.

Having said that, I want to thank the site for giving me a wonderful new friend who has re-introduced me to the world of biking and a lot of related nuances. We meet almost every weekend now for something or the other related to the bike (rides/accessories)
Old 12th July 2011, 10:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I bought it on the name of a guy I met just a few days before on Team-BHP - quite a risky proposition for the common person. Imagine my dads reaction when I told him I bought it on the name of a guy I met online. It is still on his name right now, will transfer it to my name once I get RC book for this current number. Its a different district, so the number will change as well.
Quite a bargain eh!!! anyways all the best and am sure you will shortly have it transferred to your name. Congrats once again and be safe mate, wishing you long miles ahead...
Some Balls of Steel you have got eh!!!
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 19:43   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is there anyway we can highlight this issue to Honda so they can take apt action against the supplier and/or with the supplies ?
vizz would suggest you to send emails to the management people Chairman, Managing Director, Board of Directors and also send a hard copy of your letter directly to the Chairman by name by speed post.You will for sure get his name in the HMSL website.
If there is a different Managing Director you can also send a letter to him by name.
You can also send a CD with pictures of the particular rusted components, as Mumbai's coastal weather should be a testing ground for the Honda bikes.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 12th July 2011 at 19:46.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 20:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Having said that, I want to thank the site for giving me a wonderful new friend who has re-introduced me to the world of biking and a lot of related nuances. We meet almost every weekend now for something or the other related to the bike (rides/accessories)
He is going to murder you on one of these meets and take the bike for himself
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 21:51   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^
So its worth killing for?

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 14:11   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
vizz would suggest you to send emails to the management people Chairman, Managing Director, Board of Directors and also send a hard copy of your letter directly to the Chairman by name by speed post.You will for sure get his name in the HMSL website.
If there is a different Managing Director you can also send a letter to him by name.
You can also send a CD with pictures of the particular rusted components, as Mumbai's coastal weather should be a testing ground for the Honda bikes.
Honda already knows about the problem, but the more letters they receive from owners, the more they'll be driven to rectify the problem soon. Please do send them letters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
He is going to murder you on one of these meets and take the bike for himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
^^^
So its worth killing for?
Regards
Sutripta
It certainly is worth killing for - but not if one already has a Ninja 250 and R15

And Vishal, it's been my pleasure.
isodope is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 14:16   #30
BHPian

Quote:
There is no clear visible performance difference between say this bike and any other 200+cc bike (ZMA, Pulsar) or even the R15 for that matter.
Major reason why I cancelled this bike even though the torque and BHP shows higher than the other bikes.
Tommie is offline   Reply With Quote