Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2011, 16:06   #76
BHPian
 
mantrig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 448
Thanked: 174 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Yeah, that will be good to know - what are the differences between the ABS and non-ABS versions - other than the obvious?

And no idea why I am being called out of turn - got pi$$ed off at the guy who called. He wanted me to take the non-ABS though I have booked ABS. Probably some cancellation!
Is it that they are aware you are paying full cash and might want to pass on the bike to you as the earlier guy has cancelled or unable to get finance approved?

All the best with your wait. We look forward to your ownership experience once you get you hands on the steed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post

Got the chain and joints oiled.

Just check if oiling the chain would be the right thing to do. Right now, I have my chain lubed by the A.S.S.

Would be getting the Motul Chain Lube & Cleaner Kit soon.


- The gear shift is not so smooth anymore

Are you saying the gear shift is not smooth post your rainy ride or is it that 1st service has not made things any better (more bad - they got worst post 1st service)?

- Facing a problem with handle bar, it just gets heavy for a second (at angles - when I turn). I think the disc pads are holding on to the plate causing this effect, cant check because no main stand

Can you throw some more light on this? I mean, is it a scary lag being caused? If yes, visit the A.S.S. and show it to them.

I faced similar issue but it was more of a swooshhh sound when I tried to hear it at late night on a quite road. After checking with the service center realised the pads were not getting released. Don't know what those guys did but the problem is rectified now. I was facing a problem while turning the handle towards left.

Vishal,

See highlighted text above and do keep us posted.

And I know it aches when you pay so much and get these kind of niggles keeping up especially when the company sails on a statement boasting about it's QUALITY.
mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 23:36   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 694 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post

All the best with your wait. We look forward to your ownership experience once you get you hands on the steed.
Thanks a lot Mantrig - I can't wait. And the itch is so bad that I am planning to go the Motoman method. Want to do a 700 km ride soon after that!
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 06:39   #78
BHPian
 
Furebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -
Posts: 312
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Just one month with the bike and so many problems already.
This is really sad buddy. Please keep the updates pouring in, A friend of mine was almost going to book it but citing that Honda has lost its quality he postponed his purchase. Thanks to you,mantrig and others I can pass on the actual updates to him.

Hope your bike's performance improves and on a positive note I have to say that your bike looks stunning!
Furebo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:06   #79
BHPian
 
salunkhe.vizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 297
Thanked: 209 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post

Just check if oiling the chain would be the right thing to do. Right now, I have my chain lubed by the A.S.S.

Would be getting the Motul Chain Lube & Cleaner Kit soon.
Hi Gaurav,

The problems I am facing are post the first long rainy ride, not after the first service per se. The bike was perfectly serviced and was working wonderfully till this ride.

- I did lube my bike during the service, but since I pressure washed it again recently, I decided to oil the chain and some joints. Compeltely agree that lubing should be the primary option, planning to get Motul myself soon.

- Gear shift is not smooth after the long ride, it was perfect after the first service.

- The handle problem is something I need to diagnose more carefully and re-post details. Only thing I can elaborate now is that it semi-locks for a second while turning (both sides), had a slightly similar problem with my Karizma which was later identified to be related with disc pads. Will go to the A.S.S on weekend if possible and get it recitified.


Overall very unhappy with the quality as the handle, rust, gear shift issues are showing just after one long ride - when this bike is being positioned as a tourer
salunkhe.vizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:30   #80
BHPian
 
sriramv.iyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 835
Thanked: 710 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
- Facing a problem with handle bar, it just gets heavy for a second (at angles - when I turn). I think the disc pads are holding on to the plate causing this effect, cant check because no main stand :(
I thought I was the only guy having the issue - It would appear that the handlebar gets stuck for a moment. Esp when we start a turn~

The issue is with the front wheel's fork - I got this issue just before I went for a drive with sammyboy / vb-san and Jayanth. Takes a few mins to fix at the service center. But why the issue in the first place? I also agree that gear-box is no longer smooth and requires servicing again.

Honda needs to work on its quality

Last edited by sriramv.iyer : 22nd August 2011 at 12:36.
sriramv.iyer is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 13:14   #81
BHPian
 
mantrig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 448
Thanked: 174 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Hi Gaurav,

The problems I am facing are post the first long rainy ride, not after the first service per se. The bike was perfectly serviced and was working wonderfully till this ride.

- Gear shift is not smooth after the long ride, it was perfect after the first service.


Overall very unhappy with the quality as the handle, rust, gear shift issues are showing just after one long ride - when this bike is being positioned as a tourer
It's scary (for guys planning to buy this) and highly disappointing for the current owners to have a product which is causing unrest in our minds.

Although I have not faced any severe issues yet, I am avoiding riding the CBR 250R in the monsoons for now and do take her out occasionally. Am going to go on a long (+500kms) ride post monsoons to understand how the bike stands on those runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I thought I was the only guy having the issue - It would appear that the handlebar gets stuck for a moment. Esp when we start a turn~

The issue is with the front wheel's fork - I got this issue just before I went for a drive with sammyboy / vb-san and Jayanth. Takes a few mins to fix at the service center. But why the issue in the first place? I also agree that gear-box is no longer smooth and requires servicing again.

Honda needs to work on its quality
I agree Shri,

It's bad to see a product which is struggling to keep it's owners happy. QUALITY which is one of the main reasons why people buy HONDA and looks like this same quality has been compromised on here.

Last edited by mantrig : 22nd August 2011 at 13:17.
mantrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:08   #82
BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 966
Thanked: 602 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I thought I was the only guy having the issue - It would appear that the handlebar gets stuck for a moment. Esp when we start a turn~

The issue is with the front wheel's fork - I got this issue just before I went for a drive with sammyboy / vb-san and Jayanth. Takes a few mins to fix at the service center. But why the issue in the first place? I also agree that gear-box is no longer smooth and requires servicing again.

Honda needs to work on its quality
Sriram,
Can you explain little more in detail about the issue and how it was fixed.
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:14   #83
BHPian
 
sriramv.iyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 835
Thanked: 710 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Sriram,
Can you explain little more in detail about the issue and how it was fixed.
I am not very techie

After my first service, I observed that once in a while, (with no alarm leading to it), the handlebar felt stiff to turn. The magnitude of stiffness also varies.

I took it to the service center and told them I suspected the fork was issue. (I did not think the brake was the issue, since there was no surging ahead feeling or dipping of the front when this happened)

They took the vehicle inside, and I think they adjusted the fork (may be too less gap?) and they also felt that it was tight.

Now the incidence of the issue is greatly reduced
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 00:48   #84
BHPian
 
Furebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -
Posts: 312
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
It's scary (for guys planning to buy this) and highly disappointing for the current owners to have a product which is causing unrest in our minds.
Hey guys, Its a bit urgent. The time frame to buy the CBR has reduced and I wanted to know with all this going on is the bike a worthy buy for 2L?

Or is it better to look for options like the ZMR, New R15 etc.

Have to take a really QUICK call. Should one buy it?
Furebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 08:07   #85
BHPian
 
salunkhe.vizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 297
Thanked: 209 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Now the incidence of the issue is greatly reduced
By reduced, you mean to say that the issue still persists to a minimal degree ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Have to take a really QUICK call. Should one buy it?
I guess over time, all issues will be fixed. Moreover, I am guessing with new manufacturing batches coming up, number of issues will also be reduced (IMHO).

If I were you, and I knew about these problems - I would still think that 1.66L for a std version 250cc CBR is a good VFM proposition, and GO FOR IT

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 23rd August 2011 at 08:08.
salunkhe.vizz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:58   #86
BHPian
 
sriramv.iyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 835
Thanked: 710 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
By reduced, you mean to say that the issue still persists to a minimal degree ?
I observed the issue a couple of times to a very small (negligible) degree later.

It is a nice bike overall. Good FE, nice acceleration (acceptable), good low-end-torque (that is great to ride in the city) etc. Wish Honda sorted out the niggles before launch. Feels so 'Tata'-like (erstwhile) that they launched an unsorted product.

Either way, I am planning to upgrade will say Tata to my CBR soon
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 11:14   #87
BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 966
Thanked: 602 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I am not very techie

After my first service, I observed that once in a while, (with no alarm leading to it), the handlebar felt stiff to turn. The magnitude of stiffness also varies.

I took it to the service center and told them I suspected the fork was issue. (I did not think the brake was the issue, since there was no surging ahead feeling or dipping of the front when this happened)

They took the vehicle inside, and I think they adjusted the fork (may be too less gap?) and they also felt that it was tight.

Now the incidence of the issue is greatly reduced
Thanks a lot for the explanation.
The reason i asked was because i did feel swaying towards right couple of times in my bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I observed the issue a couple of times to a very small (negligible) degree later.

It is a nice bike overall. Good FE, nice acceleration (acceptable), good low-end-torque (that is great to ride in the city) etc. Wish Honda sorted out the niggles before launch. Feels so 'Tata'-like (erstwhile) that they launched an unsorted product.
100% agree with what Honda have done so far. They do have excellent product in hand but ruining it by their non-preparedness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Either way, I am planning to upgrade will say Tata to my CBR soon
How long you have been using CBR ? Hope jumping to an higher bike ?
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:00   #88
BHPian
 
mantrig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 448
Thanked: 174 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Hey guys, Its a bit urgent. The time frame to buy the CBR has reduced and I wanted to know with all this going on is the bike a worthy buy for 2L?

Or is it better to look for options like the ZMR, New R15 etc.

Have to take a really QUICK call. Should one buy it?
Hello Furebo,

Without a second thought I can vouch for the VFM offered by CBR 250R. There have been small niggles with the earlier lots but that should not be a deal breaker.

If you are going with a Non-ABS Std version which will cost you close to 1,65,000/- (On-road Mumbai approximately), it will be a great package you are going with. If you have the extra bucks, do invest in the ABS version - It's worth every penny.

I do not regret my decision. Though there are small issues the bike has kept me smiling every time I am astride and twisting the trottle.

Also, since you mentioned R15 - If you are not on the heavier side (& above 5'8) that is one of the options you should consider with the newer version set to hit the road in early September.

Had I been comfortable with the smaller size, I might have gone with Yammy. R15 is the bike which has evolved over time and has been ruling the roads in its own sweet way since introduced without much (hardly any) problems.

Last edited by mantrig : 23rd August 2011 at 16:03.
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 23:06   #89
BHPian
 
sriramv.iyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 835
Thanked: 710 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Thanks a lot for the explanation.
The reason i asked was because i did feel swaying towards right couple of times in my bike.
This should not be this - Some other interesting stuff to check out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
How long you have been using CBR ? Hope jumping to an higher bike ?
Been using it for 2 months now... Hope to jump to a higher bike (in displacement at least!). I also have a Joel'ed R15. So, CBR doesn't feel much of an upgrade for me... I should've realized it two months ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Had I been comfortable with the smaller size, I might have gone with Yammy. R15 is the bike which has evolved over time and has been ruling the roads in its own sweet way since introduced without much (hardly any) problems.
I also have my R15, I owned a ZMA previous to this and honestly, these issues are TOTALLY new to me. Kinda appreciate what HH and Yam brought to the table.

Last edited by sriramv.iyer : 23rd August 2011 at 23:08.
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 10:34   #90
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 131
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
This should not be this - Some other interesting stuff to check out!


Been using it for 2 months now... Hope to jump to a higher bike (in displacement at least!). I also have a Joel'ed R15. So, CBR doesn't feel much of an upgrade for me... I should've realized it two months ago



I also have my R15, I owned a ZMA previous to this and honestly, these issues are TOTALLY new to me. Kinda appreciate what HH and Yam brought to the table.
Do you live in Mumbai? If yes, I'd like to take a look at your R15 and maybe with your permission clock it. Let me know if you'd like to, and we'll take it forward.
isodope is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda gives CBR 150R, CBR 250R new colours, decals for 2015 ashwin.terminat Motorbikes 23 31st October 2015 22:32
Honda recalls CBR 150R & CBR 250R for defective starter relay Added_flavor Motorbikes 0 15th August 2015 11:42
Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT comes home B103 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 301 28th April 2015 23:03
2014 Honda CBR 250R shares design with the recently unveiled CBR 300R JayPrashanth Motorbikes 6 25th October 2013 17:21
CBR 250R or CBR 600F2 sharad_kmc Superbikes & Imports 8 14th March 2013 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks