Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2012, 10:57   #106
BHPian
 
salunkhe.vizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 297
Thanked: 209 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Got another chance for an early morning sprint on 31st Dec with 3 other bikes. We went on a 100 km excursion with no plan or agenda other then the sweetness of a winter morning ride on recently leveled tarmac.

But the best part of the journey was our companion - A Suzuki Intruder. As if that did not excite me enough, we happened to cross a caravan of 20 odd Harleys on our way cruising at a mild 80kmph - while we zoomed past each one of the magnificent machines. But even the Harley owners could not help turning back to look at the Intruder zooming past them with its distinct exhaust note.

I also got a chance to ride on a Ninja on the way back, and man was I pleased. I would love to reiterate that the Ninja has a perfect riding stance, sheer raw power and a very good exhaust note when on it; But I personally think the CBR fares better on seat softness and comfort on long rides, taller road position, broader tires giving more stability coupled with a lighter suspension.

What a ride - best way to end 2011.
Attached Thumbnails
Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)-img_0075.jpg  

Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)-img_0086.jpg  

Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)-img_0073.jpg  

Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)-img_0087.jpg  

Attached Images
 
salunkhe.vizz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 13:07   #107
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Nice
forget the intruder,tell me how easy or difficult it is for the CBR to keep up with the ninja on open straights.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 14:26   #108
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 2,115 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
tell me how easy or difficult it is for the CBR to keep up with the ninja on open straights.
It isn't that difficult; on long journeys (life isn't always straights) it will be only a matter of less than minutes to catch up with Ninja 250R. For a short sprint or anything upto the speeds 130-140 Kmph, both will fair well.

One more point to add, if salunkhe might've missed - I felt N250R keeps shouting even at 80 Kmph that isn't much comfortable to me compared to a relaxed ride (or cruise) of CBR 250R. If that's what most people call it scream & like it, let be it, I've no say to it.

I too agree riding position of Ninja is better than CBR 250R.

Brakes on STD...less said better.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 18:56   #109
BHPian
 
salunkhe.vizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 297
Thanked: 209 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee
I felt N250R keeps shouting even at 80 Kmph that isn't much comfortable to me compared to a relaxed ride (or cruise) of CBR 250R. If that's what most people call it scream & like it, let be it, I've no say to it.

I too agree riding position of Ninja is better than CBR 250R.

Brakes on STD...less said better.
Totally agree with most of the points mentioned above.

Regarding the Ninja grunting above 80kmph, it is because most of its power lies in the higher band and hence it has to be constantly squeezed to get "real performance". For revv happy folks, it is like an adrenaline rush - but you might like it only on short sprints more then long rides (where you will prefer the smooth cruising abilities of the CBR that is butter smooth at 100+ speeds).

But having said that, on a track run - a Ninja will strip a Ceeber's single pot any day - everyday !
salunkhe.vizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 20:26   #110
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 2,115 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
it is like an adrenaline rush - but you might like it only on short sprints more then long rides (where you will prefer the smooth cruising abilities of the CBR that is butter smooth at 100+ speeds)
That says all; and remember...buying is one time affair, but maintenance is for lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
But having said that, on a track run - a Ninja will strip a Ceeber's single pot any day - everyday !
99% of the people in this country buy to ride on roads & very less on track...everyday!!! That's precisely the reason why we have longest roads & very limited, just finger count tracks in the country.

Last edited by aargee : 2nd January 2012 at 20:27.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:04   #111
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 131
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
99% of the people in this country buy to ride on roads & very less on track...everyday!!! That's precisely the reason why we have longest roads & very limited, just finger count tracks in the country.
I picked the Ninja over the CBR for a simple reason: I wanted something that would put a smile on my face. The CBR, for all its crushing ability, isn't that motorcycle.
isodope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:59   #112
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 2,115 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isodope View Post
I picked the Ninja over the CBR for a simple reason: I wanted something that would put a smile on my face. The CBR, for all its crushing ability, isn't that motorcycle.
I'd ridden N250R quite & its absolute delight on good roads; when I switched to SH & did offroads, I was literally scared. Fortunately all our roads aren't good ones like the West. Add to that the maintenance cost; just for a single broken clip I bought a new fairing under Rs 950. For the kind of maintenance I do, N250R simply would burn away my paycheck.

Just like mine, that's your opinion, that's something you wanted probably. May be you're in the 1%

Last edited by aargee : 3rd January 2012 at 21:08.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 10:26   #113
BHPian
 
salunkhe.vizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 297
Thanked: 209 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

It has been over 1.5 years of owning the CBR250R, but not have been able to clock a lot of kms (still under 5000km) as use the car for daily office commute and weekends have been tight.

Nevertheless, on the updates front - I completed my first paid service last month, the service centre (Om Sai Honda) charges Rs.1000 default service charge (excluding taxes) for CBR250R which includes labor charges only. Consumables like oil and oil filter are charged separately. They recommend a service every 4 months, and also have an AMC for Rs.3000 (i/o of 1000*4). Since my running is low, I will stick to the manual recommendation of a service every 6 months.

Problems:
- The recall "kit" has still not been installed on my CBR as my service centre says he will allot one to me only after he has serviced all other CBR owners that have bought the bike from them (I bought it from a different city). They have asked me to call back after a month and check availability status.
- The horn button needs to be pressed hard to get it working (time lag as well), I pointed this out during last service; but it was not rectified
- My front tyre has developed a serious bulge, so need to replace it. Any suggestions on if I should get it done from the service center OR from a local dealer ? I am concerned as the front disc assembly needs to be carefully handled during the change !
salunkhe.vizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 10:50   #114
Senior - BHPian
 
ku69rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,293
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post

- The recall "kit" has still not been installed on my CBR as my service centre says he will allot one to me only after he has serviced all other CBR owners that have bought the bike from them (I bought it from a different city). They have asked me to call back after a month and check availability status.

- My front tyre has developed a serious bulge, so need to replace it.
Hi Salunkhe,
Bit surprised on the treatment, they should be able to replace it irrespective of any service center. Probably you might have to be a bit vocal to get it done.

Front tire replacement, any competent tire shop should be able to replace it as long as they have proper tools for it. Do not go for the old Hammer and Tong method as that might end up damaging your rim.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2013, 17:33   #115
BHPian
 
salunkhe.vizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 297
Thanked: 209 Times
Default

Ok guys, need some serious advise. I had a big bulge on my front tyre as mentioned before (size of an egg), since I was at work and it was past 9pm - I decided to get the bike home slow (riding on the bulge) and then replace the tyre on the weekend. The bulge was big enough to scrap on the tyre cover. But when I got home and check the next day - the bulge was gone, all that remained was a small crack / scrape on the tyre. Is this normal ? Attaching a picture of the tyre as it is now - not very sure if I still need to replace it. p.s - I had got a puncture sealant treatment done on this when the bike was new (1.5 yrs back)
Attached Images
 
salunkhe.vizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 12:42   #116
BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 966
Thanked: 602 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Nevertheless, on the updates front - I completed my first paid service last month, the service centre (Om Sai Honda) charges Rs.1000 default service charge (excluding taxes) for CBR250R which includes labor charges only. Consumables like oil and oil filter are charged separately. They recommend a service every 4 months, and also have an AMC for Rs.3000 (i/o of 1000*4). Since my running is low, I will stick to the manual recommendation of a service every 6 months.

Problems:
- The recall "kit" has still not been installed on my CBR as my service centre says he will allot one to me only after he has serviced all other CBR owners that have bought the bike from them (I bought it from a different city). They have asked me to call back after a month and check availability status.
Bad to know that A.S.S are fleeing customers in the name of service charge, labour charge. Try sending a copy of the bill to Honda and wait to see their reply on it. Stick to 6 months regime.

On the master cylinder replacement, have heard from the dealer that the replacement kit are arriving only in batches and its a ongoing process till Feb end. I would say either wait or get it done with the dealer whom you purchased. You can also call up your dealer and tell him to inform the nearest dealer with whom you want to change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Ok guys, need some serious advise. I had a big bulge on my front tyre as mentioned before (size of an egg), since I was at work and it was past 9pm - I decided to get the bike home slow (riding on the bulge) and then replace the tyre on the weekend.
Couple of them in bangalore owners group have got the tire replacement due to such issue. Do check with your dealer and explain the situation here.
rk_sans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 19:12   #117
BHPian
 
dreamseller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 400
Thanked: 351 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Ok guys, need some serious advise. I had a big bulge on my front tyre as mentioned before (size of an egg), since I was at work and it was past 9pm - I decided to get the bike home slow (riding on the bulge) and then replace the tyre on the weekend. The bulge was big enough to scrap on the tyre cover. But when I got home and check the next day - the bulge was gone, all that remained was a small crack / scrape on the tyre. Is this normal ? Attaching a picture of the tyre as it is now - not very sure if I still need to replace it. p.s - I had got a puncture sealant treatment done on this when the bike was new (1.5 yrs back)
I cannot comprehend from the picture if it's only a scrape, or a crack. If the tyre is still under warranty and there is a crack, the SVC will certainly have to change it for you. You'll have to pay for the fitting charges and some amount for usage.
I got my bike's rear tyre changed under warranty after ~4 months/41xx kms.
dreamseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 19:19   #118
BHPian
 
salunkhe.vizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 297
Thanked: 209 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post

I cannot comprehend from the picture if it's only a scrape, or a crack. If the tyre is still under warranty and there is a crack, the SVC will certainly have to change it for you. You'll have to pay for the fitting charges and some amount for usage.
I got my bike's rear tyre changed under warranty after ~4 months/41xx kms.
Any idea how long is the standard tyre warranty ? I have already finished 1.5+ yrs on the bike !
salunkhe.vizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 12:41   #119
BHPian
 
dreamseller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 400
Thanked: 351 Times
Default Re: Dream comes home: Honda CBR 250R Std (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Any idea how long is the standard tyre warranty ? I have already finished 1.5+ yrs on the bike !
I cannot say for certain, but 1.5+ yrs is a tad too old to claim warranty on tyre. Since HMSI doesn't provide warranty on the tyre, you should be contacting Continental for warranty claim. But before that, I think Aargee will be able to tell for sure if this can be claimed under warranty.
dreamseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda gives CBR 150R, CBR 250R new colours, decals for 2015 ashwin.terminat Motorbikes 23 31st October 2015 22:32
Honda recalls CBR 150R & CBR 250R for defective starter relay Added_flavor Motorbikes 0 15th August 2015 11:42
Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT comes home B103 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 301 28th April 2015 23:03
2014 Honda CBR 250R shares design with the recently unveiled CBR 300R JayPrashanth Motorbikes 6 25th October 2013 17:21
CBR 250R or CBR 600F2 sharad_kmc Superbikes & Imports 8 14th March 2013 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks