Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 15th August 2011, 12:11   #76
BHPian

Cool Re: IBA Rides- Preparation, Route, Planning thread

The Target: 1610 kms (+another 50 kms to cover for the speedo error)
Timeline ~ 24 hours or less.
Preparation: Well, last four pages (of hogging this thread with the preparation, need anything be said more! well, I did take up some reading of Saddlesore attempts - here, on xbhp, and couple of other blogs), and about a month of racking my brains, bugging some patient people over calls, sms, mails
Special Mention - Ironhawk (Anil)
Let me tell you all - he has been a patient soul (to say the least!).
Like a friend, an older bro, the check-list incharge, and the one, who always brought me down to earth - when I was flying, and helped me fly - when I was thinking low.. (hehe).
There were times, when I did not look at the watch while calling him! (and, neither did he say anything - till now that is.. hehe)

Thanks, for all the help, kind words, and strong planning, Anil!
Also,
members like - abhinav, rk_sans, n_aditya, swapitude, and some others at xbhp (named in order of their appearance! )
Thanks to you all for the help, the wishes, and ultimately making it a grand success.

So - here is my own episode of 24 (which got wrapped up in 23 hours , and off-stage continued till another 2 hours! Gah!)

__

It does feel good,
to start narrating a story when I know, the end is going to be a happy one..
It does!!

Something that I began, with a couple of months as mental preparation, and knowing so many things about driving and my motorcycle ( I wonder how else would have I learned!).

The kit preparation, and the bike preparation - by now, we all know, started around a month back, and has been parallel with this thread.

The documents, the eatables, the drinks, safety, medicines, the bike, money and ME.

The documents -
Most important part of the drive -
since the only thing that the IBA guys are gonna "see" are these, apart from the story that you will write to them, about what happened.
Witness forms, and pockets (waterproof) - to carry the receipts from start to end.

The eatables -
Well, the kind of stature my body has, and knowing my diet - I was comfortable in this department - even after knowing, that not much could be eaten while on the drive!
All I needed was some quick munch - just to keep the small void in my tummy occupied - and something that couldn't be "processed" by the tummy quickly (lol)
7 packs of Snickers + Some dates were more than enough for me!
(Out of these 3 Snickers were consumed + some dates)

The drinks -
Well, I understood, this was crucial - and it is!
Initially, I was preparing with full water supply + Red Bull Cans.
But, I read a couple of blogs + swapitudes ride report + After interaction with n_aditya (about carrying Getorade - and it being a good supplement when we lose energy and water !)
I took 3 bottles of Getorade + 1 ltr Water + 1 Slice (for that updose of Glucose and sugar)
(Finished all of it by the end, wish I had another bottle of Getorade!)

Safety - pretty much everything I have collected over this thread!

Medicines -
Paracetamol, Digene, Zandu Balm (regards - Malaika AK), Vicks tabs (my throat was a bit off)

The bike -
Well, the autobot carried me!

Money -
Initially, I had thought, Card would be enough!
To avoid the surprises, Hawk told me to carry all cash - whatever I expect to put fuel of!
I took out some extra cash too - Just in case!
(Cash - around 5K)

Me -
Well, with all this preparation, and backing - I figured I have all the reasons to finish it - and well!

But, to tell the truth - letting these many people down, was really the only fear in my mind!
But, that was surmounted - when I saw the confidence people had in me!

Again, special mention - Kaustubh Vaze (friend, made on tbhp) - gave me such a pep-talk, I was then, super-determined on making it for good!
and some more tips on distance riding too!

To keep in interesting I will narrate it in parts ~ not just hourly update ( I guess that would get boring!)

At the start line:

Well, I didnt want to be late to "this" occasion! (haha)
I had taken a half day from office the previous day- to take rest for the D-day

I came back to my place at 1 o clock (noon).
I had eaten well - so, just put all the material in place, and other stuff packed in bag, ready to pick up and go.

I just slept!
(that's one beautiful thing I got with me - anytime you give me a bed- I go to sleep *just like that*!)
Slept till clock showed 6 pm.
Woke up to have a Milkshake and some tummy-fillers at a bakery near my place - came back and slept another 2 hours!
Was pumped up and in josh at 9 pm.

Started my preparation - called Ironhawk- then double checked the check list - and took off finally from my place at 10:40 pm

Reached the starting point.

The beginning -

Ironhawk and Abhinav came after some 5 minutes,
I was talking to the police guys there ( as in the photo shared before)

Police 1 - where are you goin' fella?
Me - Pune..
Police 2 looks with fish-hook-in-brow look
Police 1 - and what you do in Pune?
Me - Well, nothing much ,just turning around from Pune!
Police 1 & 2 share a look amongst themselves
Police 1 - how many guys are going?
Me - Just me, and my bike (gentle smile)
Police 1 - you plan to return immediately!?
Me - Sir yes Sir! ( I just said - yes..) (lol)
Police 2 - nahi ho sakta - bike ko rest chahiye!
(Abey bhai, tere ko bike ki padi hai!)
Police 1 - tell me one, what speeds you will do?
<Uh-oh moment for me>
Me- (Uh-ohhh - in my thoughts only ) Not much - just 60-70 as per speed limits (sheepish smile)
Police 1 - Shyaa, Fir to nahi ho sakta- how is it possible then
Me - I will try --
( I remember reading in another thread, about- the lesser we talk about drive- enroute -to people the better!
and here I am sharing plans with police guys! way to go man!! )
"Ok, I think my friends are here" ( that's when hawk took my picture!)
I also took a pic of my bike - and the cops wished me luck!

I talked with the guys - and I got all ready to start!!

Plan was to begin by 1 o clock, but, I thought, I am here - and instead of just waiting for 1 o clock - why not just begin the drive!

So, 0032 marked the beginning of my ride~

Now Playing (in my head)~Riders on the storm~*
[the radio version - the one in "The Motorcycle diaries"]

Let me take a quick break and come back for the other part!
(Besides, I have used up my smilies, and I need to use them in the ride description later ) - lol

<Boy, once I start writing, I write like, I am paid by the word!!>

Ace.

Part 1 of 2
driverace is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 12:51   #77
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: IBA Rides- Preparation, Route, Planning thread

Yay!!! Congrats on completing the ride Ace!!! You have really aced and proved that you have an Iron B***

I sorely missed doing this ride with you but you know the reason. Anyways, looking forward to the 2nd part eagerly and it was great to be there to flag you off!!
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 13:42   #78
BHPian

Congrats Ace !! Good to know that you finished without any hiccups.
rk_sans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 22:55   #79
BHPian

Now Playing (in my head)~Riders on the storm~*
[the radio version - the one in "The Motorcycle diaries"]

Part 2 of 2

I started my drive with gears going up-wards.
The NICE road ( which now I read on the Toll receipts is the NECE road !), are such good piece of roads, they helped me start my journey on such a sweet note! - thanks to the K'nataka govt of thinking of such a brilliant idea! (yay!)

I could see Ironhawk's Getz-Mid-night-black(!) follow me closely in the RVM.
I revved the bike to check overall response of the bike -it was crisp..
The bike telling me - Autobot already in action, mission sequence initiated, and what not ( my imagination is as wild as the lil girl in "Ramona and Beezus"!)
(heck, now to understand that - you need to see some half hour of that movie- at least! excuse me for that!!)

I could also see a white-mildly-modded-Sparky infront (abhinav was leading there).
I felt so good, that these are my friends!
It was like 6 months ago, these people might not have blinked on listening my name anywhere - but - just in past 6 months time ( after we met through tbhp), we have become better than buddies! mates, bros!!
They came just to flag me off the starting line!
Not just that - Hawk would be with me till Tumkur! (that's friggin' 60 kms of driving one way!).
I couldn't feel enough grateful towards that gesture - ( and all the little ones and big ones that followed since I discussed about the SS1000 plan!)

(I think, Ironwolf - mentioned about how it feels to have such friends back you up with the craziest plans you put ahead - fresh from your squeaky-crazed-brain!)

I had the backing of these guys-
Like said before- that's just one more solid reason for me to fight it till the end! and make it through..

Well, seriously - I had this feeling in the beginning of the ride itself!
That - this is ONE ride, I am GOING TO MAKE IT..

(again, If I were in your shoes, reading this thread now- I would say,
" Abey, ye shane Ace ko kya jaata abhi dialogue maarne mein.. abhi ho gaya hai na- isliye bol raha hai.." lolz, seriously! but as cheesy as it sounds.. its true!)

I had this gut feeling - I would MAKE IT FOR GOOD!

Autobot agreed as it whizzed past red lines at couple of gears to the top.

Within no time, I reached end of the NICE road!-

<Oops Moment Ahead>
What I did was, turned towards Hyderabad! (yikes!)
came to know after like 4 kms of going towards Hyderabad!!

Yowser! - I turned back like in a frenzy - as I was not only loosing time, but, farther I would go, I would be farther away from my target as well!

I saw, Hawk - had followed me too! - he understood I had missed the road to Tumkur - but, I caught up with that fact sooner than he could catch up with me
So, I turned around- and saw Hawk too - gestured him that I understood, I goofed up - by smashing my glove onto my helmet and moved on -

Now, moving - towards Tumkur.

That was a small mixup there - my bad.

But, I caught on - well and fast.
I was on Tumkur Road, and NH4 was marked clearly with km-left-till-next-destination on the Green boards.

__

It was pitch dark outside (my helmet!)
Only a V-shaped light showed me the way ahead

I had just begun!

I was suddenly thinking about so many things in my life that I began with the same enthusiasm, and heart filled with dedication.
So many things - we all start - with passion as well!
Not many - we carry till we master them, not many we pursue till more than a years' time!
So many things we begin with a feeling that, this is it - this is BIG.
how much of it, do we do justice to?
how much of it, do we do with all our heart put in it?

I could only imagine what would happen, if we did our "real" best in all such endeavors of life!?

Wofffoooooooooooooooo~
Wind was blowing through my sides like crazy.

I was looking at the dark, but slightly lit up backdrop on either sides of the road. The moon was lighting them just well to be seen at 3 AMish of a time in the morning.
I felt like it was dawn already, but, it wasn't.
Its just that my vision was adjusting to the surroundings!
I could see clearer.
Also, I thought, it was a good idea to change the visor just before the ride week - It was free from scratches - meaning - crystal clear vision..

I stopped for fuel - for the bike and the rider as well.
I drank some Getorade, and treated the bike with Indian Oil version of her drink.

Electric Starter - brought the 153 ccs to life - and We resumed our journey..

The road moved from Tarmac to cement to Tarmac, good quality - to bit more road noise kind - back to good quality again.
I found the bike very very stable - and rock stable at all times.
I was amazing to see the stability - especially since I have graduated from scooter->CD100SS->Pulsar150UG3->Fz16, I guess, I can appreciate that stability - bike offers, much better..

I saw, it had dawned - and it was getting brighter..
I could see clouds behind me, and the skies got clearer, more with the distance I covered..

Well, the saying was right indeed..
When you actually proceed in the direction you chose,
more clear it becomes - where you are - and where you are going!

I had filled my mobile (2nd walaa) with all songs - motivational + All parts of Rocky music and all
Never had to take out the mobile for any of the motivation.
Figured it mid-way..
If I needed motivation - externally - I didn't have it a 100% in me..

Another fuel stop and some more Getorade for me + a Snicker bar chomped down in 3 bites flat.

I was watching the sun rise from my right side.
If you see the sun rising while your ride - It sure pleases you in some un-explainable way!
I dont know, but, I was feeling good!
The soft yet warm rays of the sun came in slant from the side - to light up the road, and everything around.
Before I knew much about the distance, I had almost crossed Kolhapur and was heading towards Pune..

Few more kilometers Me and Autobot passed to come near Satara - around 750 kms from my start point,

That's the first time, I really looked back at the distance I had covered already!
I felt good - it was 1045 AM.

There was a certain mellowed chill in the air, but, it was getting warm too.
Still, I was in really good shape.

All I could complain was- the visor was getting dirty with dust! ( that's all I could think of!)
I had put the Domino'z Pizza tissues to good use - finally!
( the ones that I have been collecting for apparently no reason since last couple of months!)
Little damp - and they make for good helmet-visor-wipes!

Okay- So half way through - almost.

So many things in my life have been fine till just this point..
After which most of my rides have gone from scary to plain-jane-disasters
Cannot count enough!

Something happens half-way..
Something baddd happens when things are midway from success.
Many a times, things take detour, somethings get suspended or just plain go on standby..

Believe me you, I was driving and subscribing to some Baba channel at the same time (you may feel like that!) - but, all these were random thoughts from within!

I saw, the sun was right above my head, and I was stuck in damn-mad-mad-traffic at Pune ( near my turn around point - at Shindewadi - just after Shivapur Toll Plaza.
I did not believe it!
I couldn't do a thing!
No left -right-bypass- mud road! nothing moved!!

I decided, I could not let this be!..
I had to do something..

I started talking to drivers of cars - and let me pass through!
I was looking like an alien already - talking like this - could have only urged them to take out weapons ( if they had any!)
But, to my good luck, and pretty face - (lol) none of them seemed to have any weapons - and almost all of them were kind enough to make some way for a Bike riding -geared guy - who looked like just arrived from a dust-storm!

Driving through spaces - given by kind car drivers, and spaces stolen from other stubborn drivers (lol), I managed to cut through the whole mess on the road to find some real good 3 car pileup on the road, and the drivers reluctant to move their vehicles!

But, I as-it-is did not have any time ( not like I would have brought the drivers to their senses if I had all the time at my hand!) - I decided to keep my cool and move on..

It was like, I had done the half part of going all the way- out there..
Now, only part left was of making it back - safe and sound.
and, of-course in time!

I had lost some advantage I had gained in time due to this traffic.
Plus a few more things running on my mind-
Its gonna get dark in the last few hours of my drive!
There are all chances I would see rain in the final leg of my drive- though not at Bangalore - definitely before that!
that would definitely slow me down considerably!
Morever- all I had read in the blogs- was common - at the end- it gets reallly tough! reallY tough!!

I had just begun to feel uncomfy with respect to my After-Sales-Service (lol).
It had started getting stiff and all wrinkled up ( I guess!) (hehe__)

I was very determined to do with a well deserved end to it.

The year I flunked at college - how the heck did that happen?
What happened midway? What led to that?

What happens, when you loose steam mid-way?
What makes you loose it?

So many things shooting past my mind, I cannot even recall, right now..

Why am I in a relationship which is not going anywhere!?

Why am I not going anywhere NOW?? (lol)
I look at my speedo -and I see, I am doing 70 kmph!??

Why?
I look at the visor and realise - its damn raining now!
Just what I need!
Its fortunately not dark yet! maybe just around 3 pm.

I was just planning a few things- which involved getting as much distance covered till evening ( late -evening) till the visibility is good, but - now here comes the rain.

Rain gods played hide and seek for nice hour or so, and then decided to bless me with even more dense rain - there you go buddy - they said!!

I accepted, graciously!
"Why don't you bless me with thunderstorms as well?" I was itching to yell!

But, then, the rain neither grew, nor subsided..
It was there to stay.

I guess, it symbolised the point where many give up.
Many lose steam, when it's time they are really tested for their metal.

I seemed to find, that I grew stronger in the rain, now..
I saw, that the fuel meter showed me, I could RIP as much as I wanted for another 2 hours for sure!
So, I adapted for the rain, into much more aggressive stance -
Balls of feet on the footrests, heels on the heel-guard-(Aluminium piece) - Me crouched and my Jacket almost covering the tank.

I unknowingly - screamed for power - "Aaaaaaargghhhhhhhhhhh"
I felt different.
I felt like a toonami character from some death-match or some different scene altogether!
( I mentioned before, right? I have wild imagination!!)
I was super dry under the helmet - the best thing about it!
Another plus point was - I could just swipe across my visor- with my glove-index finger - and It would be squeaky clean to look through!
( I again smiled at my decision of replacing my helmet-visor before the ride - and thought - no scratches - does indeed help a lott! )

Somewhere after entering the Karnataka border-

I was lost in thoughts - (as usual)
and, I felt something at the handle bars -and next thing I knew -
Me and Autobot were Airborne! could have been a feet and a half in air for sure!!
I was like (fack- this is the moment of test) ~ really - I am in a "Clear-vegetable-soup"!!
Me, the bike, the bungee corded-backpack and everything on bike - landed 0-0 angles to the ground!
~Bang~

I did not believe that, neither that, nor my luck!
But, hey, there was more to luck at work today!

It was the bike too!
The well maintained tyre pressure ( Nitrogen in them), the tyre sealant in the tyres, placebo - whatever you call it - or the well balanced bike in itself, with the huge 140 A$$ saving rear section of the bike - with a well complementing 100 section in the front!

Again, I say -
let the mileage go to dogs
- If this is what I am being offered in exchange!

I have heard of saves - people had on highway-
I was one of them now!
I was the one, who experienced the stability of a bike, of a quality bike which offered this kind of rock solid drive-ability.
I really dont mind!

I kissed my hand and transferred my feelings to the bike on the Tank-head.
I said, " My friend, you have saved my A$$ today .." or something to that effect!

We moved on - like nothing had happened.
I was in awe of the bike, now on.

And, yet, one more reason not to screw up this ride !!
My Autobot deserved to be in the books as a bike that kept upto its name and lived upto its expectation -even on the highway - which it is supposedly not built for!

~Woooofoooooooooooooo~
Wind was blowing fecking crazy!
(sorry- I lack the vocab to express the feeling by any other word than the one between "blowing" and "crazy" )
I was feeling like I was flying somewhere!

I have been parasailing before (in Goa), but, I tell you, the wind here was atleast 4 times the magnitude of what I felt even while parasailing!! (no exaggeration)

It was growing dark, too dark to see.. (knock Knock knocking on 'Bangalore's door)

Again, I thanked my decision of changing the helmet visor!!
(It was night, and all the insects were interested in playing a suicide-game and they decided to use Fz-rider-helmet-visor as their landing spot / splattering spot! )
Even my gloves could not clean the visor!
I had to stop like every 30 mins to clear the visor now!

I noticed, it was close to 10 pm and I was very close to Bangalore.

The final lap of victory was here..

All the works of mine, which left undone at the last leg came haunting to me..
All the PC game installations which crashed at "99% done" also were in my mind! (it has happened so many times, I swear!)
All the times, these Cricket guys have choked in finals came to my mind too!! ( even though, I dont watch much cricket!)

But, lke I had sensed this morning-
It was a beginning of something different.

This is where I prove- that its not what everyone takes you for granted.
It is what you think you can..

I had topped up my fuel one last time.
I was going to make it without any stop now.

I went all guns firing like I was not worried about the ammo.
I went with all the glory of bike through the toll booth - just a few more kms left.

I was literally overjoyed with the feeling, that I am going to achieve it..
I have achieved it!!

I was telling my Fz - We did it mate - WE did it..

I did not even look at the watch now..
I raced my dear Fz into the final circle-turn to come to a NICE (oops - NECE) toll booth.

I asked the guy at toll -

Me- kaunsa bhi toll ticket de do!! ( in all enthu voice!)
Toll Guy - Oye? kaunsa de do?

Me- (removed the helmet-F1 style) Bhai, give any ticket - next exit, give me next exit ticket - I will give you the money - just give me the toll ticket fast!
Toll Guy - (gettin the crazy vibe, moved his hands faster on the keyboard, than he normally would have ) Magadi Road ka de raha hoon, chalega?

Me- ( removing the Balaclava - in slowmotion) Yes, bhai jaroor, daudega!

Toll Guy (smiling) - here it is.. (handing over the receipt)

Me-(took the receipt, and looked at it for like a minute ) - took out my camera(s) and took photos of it! with the Odo reading.
then, I took out a 10 INR note - handed over to the guy.
"24 hours se chala raha hu main bike!!" and you have marked end to my journey with this ticket -
I raised my hand for a handshake-
Toll guy ( seeing my gesture - involuntarily) shook my hand with a smile!

Me- Is it ok, If I sleep here in the grass for a while?

Toll Guy - Sure! (expression like - Go Nuts!!)

I came ahead- looking at the receipt - like a girl who looks at her own marriage invitation card with awe and happiness!..

Parked the bike.
And literally lay in the grass - for a while..

"Did it man- WE did it"

I called up Ironhawk - ( again, my bad to keep you waiting at Tumkur! hope you forgive me for that!)
and, gave him the news - FOA that I had completed my drive -- he told me to wait there -- and in matter of another few minutes he was there to greet me!)

He came - and gave me a heartful of hug rightaway!
Will never forget that gesture of his..

( then, gave me an earful of how wrong it was of me, not to convey where I was - while he was waiting for me--)
Though I was sorry for that - I was getting lost in my dreams and thought of sleeping a content soul-
After completing a journey of this proportion.

Godspeed,

Ace.

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th August 2011 at 03:21. Reason: removed extra smilie on request
driverace is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 12:58   #80
Senior - BHPian

You certainly have a way with words my friend and I have told you this when we met up as well!! But the part 2 was really an amazing write up and kudos to your writing skills. I was actually living the ride with you!

Now if you can grace the thread with the mileage figures and total expense for the trip excluding the gear (just for the ride) it would help complete the ride report.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 12:59   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

what can i say - i'm proud of ya!! (kinda reminded me of my biking days!)

i've the videos, but they need some editing. will post it here once i'm done with it.

again, congrats on achieving something very few people would dare to even dream of!

Who Dares, Wins!
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 13:08   #82
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Driverace,had a splendid time reading your post. You are quite descriptive with your words and good choise of the bike. Would you be able to update us with the total cost? Also did you catch up with some sleep on the way?
Kudos to your efforts.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 13:46   #83
BHPian

energy drinks in IBA rides are not allowed...
swapitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 14:10   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
You certainly have a way with words my friend and I have told you this when we met up as well!! But the part 2 was really an amazing write up and kudos to your writing skills. I was actually living the ride with you!

Thanks Abhinav!
Now if you can grace the thread with the mileage figures and total expense for the trip excluding the gear (just for the ride) it would help complete the ride report.
I will do that in details, as soon as I put the costs together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
what can i say - i'm proud of ya!! (kinda reminded me of my biking days!)

i've the videos, but they need some editing. will post it here once i'm done with it.
again, congrats on achieving something very few people would dare to even dream of!

Who Dares, Wins!
Hey, thanks for the lovely words of appreciation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Congrats Driverace,had a splendid time reading your post. You are quite descriptive with your words and good choise of the bike. Would you be able to update us with the total cost? Also did you catch up with some sleep on the way?
Kudos to your efforts.
I am glad you like the post!

Regarding the cost -
I will update it after I do some calculations today evening.

But, I reckon -
Fuel consumed = 60 + litres (close to 4.2K of cash smoked through the Midship muffler!)

I will put up the economics of the "ride" by late evening today.

Thanks all,

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 16th August 2011 at 14:12.
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 15:58   #85
BHPian

Congratulations on the achievement !!!,
The ride report is well written
BulZire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 17:37   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Congratulations on the achievement !!!,
The ride report is well written
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapitude View Post
energy drinks in IBA rides are not allowed...
Thanks for the information!
Gatorade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and
Ride Reports - Toxie Beavers SaddleSore 1000

put together with:

Iron Butt Association SaddleSore 1600k and 2000k Guidelines

I definitely don't see anyone denying Gatorade.

the line that captures "energy drinks" would be:

Quote:
"..It does not condone nor will it tolerate unsafe activities such as excessive speed, reckless motorcycle operation, riding while fatigued or otherwise impaired, the use of stimulants to maintain alertness, or any other activity that results in riders exceeding their personal limits.."
As, Gatorade is a oral rehydrant - I don't think it qualifies to be that^

If you have any other source online, please let me have a look at it!

I should consider that, before sending the documents!

Thanks,

Ace.

EDIT:
Caution with this, though :
Quote:
"..It does not condone nor will it tolerate unsafe activities such as excessive speed, reckless motorcycle operation, riding while fatigued or otherwise impaired, the use of stimulants to maintain alertness, or any other activity that results in riders exceeding their personal limits.."
Tea - could be more close to - use of stimulants to maintain alertness
A Smoke -could be even more close to- use of stimulants to maintain alertness
114 kms in 1 hour/next half hour we covered 63 kms - could be more close to - excessive speed (on NH4) (?)

source - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ore-1600k.html (Successfully completed "Saddlesore 1600K")

Last edited by driverace : 16th August 2011 at 18:06.
Old 16th August 2011, 18:35   #87
BHPian

Great Job!!!

We are proud of you Sir. Nice write up as well.

I am sure this thread and your feat will be inspiring to many of us on board.

Again, Congratulations on achieving this milestone and thank you for sharing your detailed experience and how you prepared for this tour.
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 19:19   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Great Job!!!

We are proud of you Sir. Nice write up as well.

I am sure this thread and your feat will be inspiring to many of us on board.

Again, Congratulations on achieving this milestone and thank you for sharing your detailed experience and how you prepared for this tour.
Arey Sirji to aap hai!
thanks for the wishes!
I am glad if it is inspiring.
( I think, by now, folks here must be saying - enough of hogging this thread already! - move and let somebody else continue this thread! )

Pleasure was mine, as well!

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 16th August 2011 at 19:36.
Old 16th August 2011, 20:41   #89
BHPian

Congratulations. Please scan all the printed receipts soon as there are chances of it getting erased. Remember that you can submit them via e-mail too.
sridhar_setty is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 22:15   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar_setty View Post
Congratulations. Please scan all the printed receipts soon as there are chances of it getting erased. Remember that you can submit them via e-mail too.
Thanks Setty bhai!
I will do that tomorrow itself.
<email seems much better! I will contact you for some more details>

If you could write here - in meantime -about completing the formalities to be done after the ride, it would be great!

Thanks,

Ace.