Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 4th June 2014, 17:33   #196
BHPian

Default Re: Hero Impulse

Cant seem to find one in Bangalore for that price. Rishi Motors claims they have it in Mysore but not willing to reduce the price. 83K on road. They must be on dope, hopefully hero launches an updated model before Diwali.
CharlesA is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2014, 14:53   #197
BHPian

Called up Rishi Motors again, hoping there would be some leftover stock of Impulse, even after reading @CharlesA post above this. But nopes, why did I even bother, there isn't a single Impulse left with any dealer in Karnataka, the man from Roshi Motors says.

And to find a used impulse in a good condition is like trying to find gold in Kolar. However, I am utterly sure that there might be a better chance of finding the latter.

So if anyone who has bought the bike, in Bangalore, and is thinking of selling it. Or if anyone who knows someone who's selling it, let me know.

Reaching my office in Whitefield via the pothole-laden roads will be somehow better on this mean machine. I think.

Help! I've lost all hopes after learning from other threads that there isn't going to be a KTM 390 Adventure in the near future. How impatiently I was waiting for that one!
creative420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 12:48   #198
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Alright. I've been following this thread quite sometime before it went dead about 6 months back. I know there are few niggles in the bike, however, I really admire it. So I'm getting a 2012 Impulse done about 5000kms for 60K in Bangalore. The bike was registered in 2014 though. The owner is quoting 60K for the bike (Bangalore used vehicle market is inflated anyways). Why I'm looking at impulse is because my Vespa is taking a toll on my back in Bangalore's traffic and pothole-ridden roads. I know I can go for a unicorn or something more comfortable, but I am looking for a stylish bike and Impulse has always captured my imagination ever since it launch, never had money though. And I was waiting for KTM Adventure, and owning that looks like a distant dream. So about this particular bike. It is in stock condition. And following is what I need to know from you guys?

1. Is 60K a good price for this bike? If not, what should be?
2. What all after-market fitments should I go for if I get the bike?
3. I may use this as 100-200kms touring, how will it fare?
4. There's a lot of talk about chain problems in this bike. Any permanent fix?
5. I'm 5'11 about 95kgs. Will it pull my weight through easily?

Do let me know as I have to get back in touch with the owner, immediately.
Old 5th December 2014, 13:12   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Hi Guys,..............

2. What all after-market fitments should I go for if I get the bike?
3. I may use this as 100-200kms touring, how will it fare?
4. There's a lot of talk about chain problems in this bike. Any permanent fix?
5. I'm 5'11 about 95kgs. Will it pull my weight through easily?

Do let me know as I have to get back in touch with the owner, immediately.
1. 60k is way overpriced for a used bike. Some of us got a new one for that (stock clearance sale)

2. A forged aluminium Hand bar and AL hand guards (renthal, pro-taper...etc). They are a bit on the expensive side but totally worth it. Improves feel, reduces shocks and vibes to the hand and the thing will not bend what-so-ever. Link: http://www.motosport.com/IN/dirtbike/bars-and-controls

Braided brake lines are a good investment too.

3. Its ok as long as you dont stay at triple digit speeds all day but the engine is quite smooth. Has serious fuelling issues at high altitudes.

4. No permanent fix. Since there is no cush drive they wear out soon. Adjusting and cleaning the chain regularly may prolong the life but not by much I guess.

5. Again as long as you are not on high altitudes you are fine. Still, keeping a set of smaller jets will help. Read the posts by tbhp member Ringoism. He has listed the jet sizes too in his thread.

Hope this helps. Cheers and All the best.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 13:41   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As mentioned by nitro.1000bhp 60K asking price for a 2012 Impulse is too much, even by Bangalore market standards. You should be looking at a price bracket for about 35K-45K for that specimen. Rest of your queries are already answered above.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 14:34   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
1. 60k is way overpriced for a used bike. Some of us got a new one for that (stock clearance sale)

2. A forged aluminium Hand bar and AL hand guards (renthal, pro-taper...etc). They are a bit on the expensive side but totally worth it. Improves feel, reduces shocks and vibes to the hand and the thing will not bend what-so-ever. Link: http://www.motosport.com/IN/dirtbike/bars-and-controls

Braided brake lines are a good investment too.

3. Its ok as long as you dont stay at triple digit speeds all day but the engine is quite smooth. Has serious fuelling issues at high altitudes.

4. No permanent fix. Since there is no cush drive they wear out soon. Adjusting and cleaning the chain regularly may prolong the life but not by much I guess.

5. Again as long as you are not on high altitudes you are fine. Still, keeping a set of smaller jets will help. Read the posts by tbhp member Ringoism. He has listed the jet sizes too in his thread.

Hope this helps. Cheers and All the best.
Thanks a lot for your inputs. The chain issue is quite serious isn't it? Everyone, even on other forum, is talking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
As mentioned by nitro.1000bhp 60K asking price for a 2012 Impulse is too much, even by Bangalore market standards. You should be looking at a price bracket for about 35K-45K for that specimen. Rest of your queries are already answered above.
My last offer was 55K. Guess even that's high.

I think I'll just wait it out for some other bike then.
Old 5th December 2014, 15:09   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My last offer was 55K. Guess even that's high.
Dont delete the seller's contact though. He might be returning back to you since he wont be finding a buyer at the price he is quoting.

But Since bike purchase is always a heart over mind thing to me and if it was me, I might have gone till 47K-50K max for that bike if it was in an impeccable condition (with valid insurance) because you will never know when you will come across an impeccable condition bike next!
man_of_steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 18:46   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Dont delete the seller's contact though. He might be returning back to you since he wont be finding a buyer at the price he is quoting.

But Since bike purchase is always a heart over mind thing to me and if it was me, I might have gone till 47K-50K max for that bike if it was in an impeccable condition (with valid insurance) because you will never know when you will come across an impeccable condition bike next!
Sure, I think I'll go back to my previous offer of 45k for this bike. Or I'll save this money for a DP for a new bike. Or I might even revive my rusting KB125, with half of the amount, like @ringoism did in this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...o-impulse.html (Replacing the KB-RTZ offroad specials - My Hero Impulse)
Old 2nd January 2015, 23:34   #204
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Got a 2011 Impulse for a very good price.

The Original Engine had seized, the Engine Cylinder block / Piston Kit had to be replaced. Was surprised to know that the 150 cc Cylinder block / Piston Kit of the Impulse is different than the Hero Hunk/Xtreme.

The Engine is now virtually new one (with new set of clutch plates as well). Will post complete details soon.

Note: Impulse owners better start stocking on as many spare parts as possible as dealers are not interested to sell the bike and spares are difficult to source.
payeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2015, 13:04   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Got a 2011 Impulse for a very good price.

The Original Engine had seized, the Engine Cylinder block / Piston Kit had to be replaced. Was surprised to know that the 150 cc Cylinder block / Piston Kit of the Impulse is different than the Hero Hunk/Xtreme.
Wish I could've found an Impulse in that condition myself - would've saved a lot of money and could have built it up exactly as I pleased with no thought to warranties or the "frivolous" entry into 6,000km-new engines...

I'm going to take a wild guess here and suppose that the difference in the cylinder block between the Impulse and the others is - actually - nothing more than the color (Impulse grey, the others black). If there's some other reason they won't interchange (or are actually technically different in some minor particular, I'd like to know.

-Eric

Last edited by ringoism : 10th February 2015 at 13:06.
ringoism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2015, 16:44   #206
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringoism View Post
I'm going to take a wild guess here and suppose that the difference in the cylinder block between the Impulse and the others is - actually - nothing more than the color (Impulse grey, the others black).

If there's some other reason they won't interchange (or are actually technically different in some minor particular, I'd like to know.

-Eric

Don't know the exact reason, but they definitely are different (with different parts no.) and can't be used interchangeably (Engine block of Impluse and Xtreme/Hunk/Achiever).

The clutch assembly has been told to me is the same as in the other Hero 150 cc's.. therefore at least one part to be less worried about.
payeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2015, 00:07   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
...Don't know the exact reason, but they definitely are different (with different parts no.) and can't be used interchangeably (Engine block of Impluse and Xtreme/Hunk/Achiever).
Part number difference could really be just finishing (black vs. aluminum). Anyway, I'm liable to try and test that assertion one of these days... Hero tech here seemed to indicate to me that they WERE interchangeable (he was offering to find me a discarded unit for my experiment), but let's see, we could be wrong. Have also had my eye on a Unicorn around here that looks ready for the scrap heap. Just too much other work going on right now...

Again, if anyone can tell me SPECIFICALLY what's supposed to be different on the block, I'd like to know...

Last edited by ringoism : 20th April 2015 at 00:11.
ringoism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2015, 16:51   #208

Hey guys,

I've tried searching through the forums but haven't come across anything concrete so I'm posting here.

I have a black Impulse which I love very much. After spending a couple of years with it, I don't think I'm going to be able to use any other vehicle in the foreseeable future. With that in mind I want to do some custom work on the bike, which includes (but not limited to) the following:

1. Sick paint job
2. New body panels
3. Wheel-mounted mudguards (essential for living in Bangalore)
4. Dual headlamp cluster
5. A new console with some bluetooth tech for phone and gps
6. Performance tuning

I would prefer to do everything in a single place so that I can keep working on the bike over a period of time. I have a few ideas of my own which I would like to try out.

If you know anyone in Bangalore who takes up such projects and would be willing to help me (cough) pimp my ride, please let me know. Much appreciated.

-Sid
ssjsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 21:52   #209
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting from the Used Bikes thread (Mods - Please allow):

Need some urgent advice on a bike available for sale. Details:

Hero Impulse, 2014 model

The bike has basically been thrashed by the owner. Both front and rear tires need replacement. In the owner's own words, he "rides really really fast" and loves "stunting"

Has been in a "minor" crash and broke the front headlight. The bike is not running very well and would (again in the owner's own words) need a piston ring replacement

I was able to haggle and bring the asking price down to around 17k. I am sure I will be able to knock off a couple of thousand more and close the deal for 15k

Questions:

* How expensive are the engine internals on the impulse?
* What all besides the info provided by the owner should I be checking for? I will be checking things like suspension, any cracks or bends on the frame, condition of the disc and basic electricals. What else?
* Overall opinion - Try it out or leave it?

The way I see it:

* Cost of the Bike - 15K
* Registration - 3K (Its an out of state bike)
* Get a 180 rebore kit with an FFE done at around 18K
* New tires - 3.5K
* Total - Around 40K

Or

Keep it stock with factory parts. If in case its just piston rings, piston itself and the crank; what should be the expected cost + labor?

Any thoughts on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks!

PS - don't want to do the Karizma engine mod. Havent heard the best feedback
Urban_Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 21:18   #210
BHPian

Talking Re: Hero Impulse

Finally Took the plunge and got a brand new impulse. This was an extremely impulsive decision as i had to decide to buy the bike in half an hour. I am totally in love with her. Coming from a duke 390, this is so much fun to ride and i don't have to worry about potholes anymore. Waiting for the temporary registration to come in and then i shall exploit her to the fullest
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Impulse-1.jpg  

Hero Impulse-2.jpg  

Hero Impulse-3.jpg  

Hero Impulse-4.jpg  

Hero Impulse-5.jpg  

aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote