Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 26th December 2011, 12:44   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Hero Impulse

Here are a few photos of my Impulse...
Attached Images

Last edited by DesertKing : 26th December 2011 at 12:55.
DesertKing is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2011, 20:48   #77
kkg
BHPian

Congrats for your Impulse bro. Glad to see that it is doing what it was meant to do.

BTW, Why the disc is on the left hand side of the front tyre and is that the brake fluid pipe right over the speedo console??

If yes, why the hell did Hero done that? Either they could have used the conventional braking system they have OR the way Suzuki uses it (they also have disc on the left). Any thoughts.
kkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2011, 21:17   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
Here are a few photos of my Impulse...
DK,

Amazing, I liked this one climbing the steps.
Were you able to climb easily without putting your feet down.

You could put a quick throttle if you are offroading regularly , it reduces your wrist twist. Also a Free flowing exhaust , if jodhpur cops are ok with that.
twistwrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 09:17   #79
Senior - BHPian

Plant a BBR big bore kit which is available for Honda CRF150F, both shares same engine, and rock n roll.
195 cc with high lift cams and CDi with different timing will sure add another 5-7 BHP.

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 27th December 2011 at 09:20.
Ajaybiz is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 12:34   #80
BHPian

Lightbulb Re: Hero Impulse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
BTW, Why the disc is on the left hand side of the front tyre and is that the brake fluid pipe right over the speedo console??

If yes, why the hell did Hero done that?
The disc is on the left hand side because it has been copied from Honda NXR 150 Bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistwrist View Post
DK,

Amazing, I liked this one climbing the steps.
Were you able to climb easily without putting your feet down.
I am not an experienced dirt bike rider and it was not easy for me to climb the rock steps, I had to put the feet down almost all the way. I was not confident going any further up and had to take a U turn after I clicked the photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistwrist View Post
You could put a quick throttle if you are offroading regularly , it reduces your wrist twist. Also a Free flowing exhaust , if jodhpur cops are ok with that.
Quick throttle is a good idea, thanks. Where can I get one for Impulse, need some pointer pls. Any idea about the price???

Free Flowing, the cops are no problem but I personaly might not like the high noice level as I might have to take the bike to office. BTW, how much power can be gained by free flow exhaust???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Plant a BBR big bore kit which is available for Honda CRF150F, both shares same engine, and rock n roll.
195 cc with high lift cams and CDi with different timing will sure add another 5-7 BHP.
What I could make out seeing the engine panels of Impulse, the engine should be same as Honda Unicorn.

Last edited by DesertKing : 27th December 2011 at 12:44.
DesertKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 14:17   #81
Senior - BHPian

Yes Unicorn shares the same engine as CRF150F, hence this is also same series engine.
Ajaybiz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 15:22   #82
BHPian

Yes it is the brake hose going over the speedo console. It is designed like that, as the front suspension travel is considerably high in this bike compared to other normal commuter bikes. Hence the hose needs a kind of "buffer" region while working, that also explains why the disc is on the left side. If the disc were to be on the right and if the front suspension were to completely compresses, the brake hose will bend excessively. Ideally, brake lines should be as straight as possible.
vinod is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 18:12   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Thanks for the information. Do you have any idea how much this whole kit should cost and where is it available??? How much drop is expected in FE ???
Old 27th December 2011, 19:37   #84
Senior - BHPian

Check these links and do the maths, include shipping charges and duty along with actual cost.
HONDA CRF150F ,HONDA CRF230F PARTS,
CRF150F'06-09 - BBR 195cc Big Bore Kit: CRFs Only - Your Source For Honda CRF Parts, Accessories and Information...
And be careful about checking the 2006 onwards CRF 150, prior to that it was same as old CBZ or Karizma engine.
Dont plant them if you are bothered about milage as for sure milage will go down as low as 30-50% depends upon what are the things you are going to plant.
My big bore RXZ returns milage of 14-18 KMPL . But the fun to own the most powerful Impulse will be league apart.
They have not only big bore and CDi kit, they have full range of filters, carbs, pipes etc. Best of luck.
Ajaybiz is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 21:10   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
The disc is on the left hand side because it has been copied from Honda NXR 150 Bros.

I am not an experienced dirt bike rider and it was not easy for me to climb the rock steps, I had to put the feet down almost all the way. I was not confident going any further up and had to take a U turn after I clicked the photo.

Quick throttle is a good idea, thanks. Where can I get one for Impulse, need some pointer pls. Any idea about the price???

Free Flowing, the cops are no problem but I personaly might not like the high noice level as I might have to take the bike to office. BTW, how much power can be gained by free flow exhaust???

What I could make out seeing the engine panels of Impulse, the engine should be same as Honda Unicorn.
DK,
I think once you are used to the bike, you can take it every where.
Quick throttle should be available with KRP ( Kaulson Racing ...... GO !!!!!!!!!!!! For KRP ), let me know if you dont get it since its available easily here.
Tuned free flow will give good drivability , but silencing the sound is very difficult.At times it will be irritating and you experience ear pain too. You could even try uni filter or k&n filter for the bike but get it rejetted properly.
For power gain as Ajay said highlift cam and big bores are the easy way out.Since the impulse has DC CDI , you could also try swapping with cbz extreme, unicorn, and check out the difference. I saw in some video that Honda nxr 150 runs with dual fuel setting petrol and alcohol mentioned on instrument cluster.
twistwrist is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 16:38   #86
BHPian

Yesterday, I skipped the office and went for offroading with my friend... The only good photo he clicked is this ...
Attached Images

Old 6th January 2012, 11:27   #87
BHPian

Test rode the impulse yesterday (again)

1.liked the suspension and overall ergonomics.

2.When switching from first gear to 2nd , i felt a sudden drop in torque. Overall a rev happy engine.

3.bike is very much flickable , brilliant for city usage.

4. Rear brakes seemed to be useless. isnt rear brake reqd more than the front in off roading?
niks_devil666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2012, 00:30   #88
BHPian

Loved the pics desertking. I am going to show this thread/pics to all those guys at my workplace who doubted that Hero was a gone case after its split with Honda. Indeed, a good one from the Hero stable and what a way to go for the kill!

PS: Like your signature in particular
bluenicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 18:51   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenicotine View Post
Loved the pics desertking. I am going to show this thread/pics to all those guys at my workplace who doubted that Hero was a gone case after its split with Honda. Indeed, a good one from the Hero stable and what a way to go for the kill!

PS: Like your signature in particular
Thanks for liking my signature .

Yes, Impulse is a great bike and I have really ridden in the way she should be. I am using her as my weekend vehicle and the more I ride, more I fall in love with her. I am worried about my safety in offroading and hence started saving money to buy safty gears. It is a great fun to ride her crazy (or perhaps she drives me crazy ). I wish I had somebody to shoot more and better pictures and video.

Yes, on highways it seems a bit underpowered and after 90 KMPH she feels breathless but still the motor does not generates too much vibration. I could touch 104 KMPH on a highway.

Last edited by DesertKing : 11th January 2012 at 18:52.
DesertKing is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 07:46   #90
BHPian

I have done more than 1600 Km on odo until now which includes two 400+ Km ride in a day. If it had more power, more the fun. Is anybody thinking to plonk a Karizma ZMA 220 cc carburetor engine. How much should a good conditioned engine cost?? ZMA is better or ZMR?? What about engine mountings, are they at same place in both engines??
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Impulse-naren-biker.jpg  

Last edited by DesertKing : 13th March 2012 at 07:49.