Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 24th August 2011, 11:29   #1
BHPian

Default Motorcycle lift or jack

Hi all,

I don't know if this is the right section to put this so mods please move it if necessary.

I wanted to know what would be a good place to get a bike lift/jack from. I think it would be a wonderful addition to my garage and help me a lot in my customizing my Harley project. Anyone that might have more info on this please share.
avneeshj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 12:54   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Motorcycle lift or jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by avneeshj View Post
Hi all,

I don't know if this is the right section to put this so mods please move it if necessary.

I wanted to know what would be a good place to get a bike lift/jack from. I think it would be a wonderful addition to my garage and help me a lot in my customizing my Harley project. Anyone that might have more info on this please share.
I think you can search online on bike accessory websites, especially from the US. Check for those which ship internationally. I am not really sure of any places in Mumbai or India selling these off the shelf, but you can call performanceracingstore.com or Zulfi at Bachoo motors in Mumbai and ask them to procure one for you if possible.

Easier option will be to get the design online and get one made locally, will be cheaper and to your taste.

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 24th August 2011 at 12:55.
salunkhe.vizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 16:01   #3
BANNED

Hi avneeshj,

Congrats on getting your 48, BTW.

I have seen ads for garage equipment, including bike lifts in the back section of magazines like Overdrive and Autocar. Dont have any lying around near me right now to confirm.

I agree it will be a valuable addition to your garage.

Cheers.
Ride Safe.
gthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 09:56   #4
BHPian

I've "JSJacks" & vouch for it.
It lifts my big vtwin and u dont need to even tie down as it is damn stable

You can get pitbull jack but its expensive roughly around 450$ so better JSJacks as it is 350$ (same functionality)
Proudly MADE & Assembled in USA...

Not sure how much they would charge on shipping to IND.
My suggestion if you have friends who are travelling from US 2 IND ask them to buy and haul as their air baggage and pay them

Dont ever buy the cheap sears yellow or red jack as you've to keep wooden blocks to make your bike stable but still cannot guarantee it...

Just a thought:
You spend a fortune on ur bike then y not a small fraction on the jack?
shrini78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 18:33   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Hi avneeshj,

Congrats on getting your 48, BTW.

I have seen ads for garage equipment, including bike lifts in the back section of magazines like Overdrive and Autocar. Dont have any lying around near me right now to confirm.

I agree it will be a valuable addition to your garage.

Cheers.
Ride Safe.
I'll check out some of the magazines that I may have lying around. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
I've "JSJacks" & vouch for it.
It lifts my big vtwin and u dont need to even tie down as it is damn stable

You can get pitbull jack but its expensive roughly around 450$ so better JSJacks as it is 350$ (same functionality)
Proudly MADE & Assembled in USA...

Not sure how much they would charge on shipping to IND.
My suggestion if you have friends who are travelling from US 2 IND ask them to buy and haul as their air baggage and pay them

Dont ever buy the cheap sears yellow or red jack as you've to keep wooden blocks to make your bike stable but still cannot guarantee it...

Just a thought:
You spend a fortune on ur bike then y not a small fraction on the jack?
It makes perfect sense what you're saying. I have received information from a couple of indian manufacturers and even in the pictures it doesn't look very confidence inspiring. I have emailed JSJacks about shipping to India and am awaiting a reply. Do you have any feedback on the Harbor Freight Bike Lifts? A lot of people on HDForums have been writing positive reviews about it. JSJacks is however the best I hear.
avneeshj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 02:28   #6
BHPian

For cruisiers something simple like the Black Widow will do. For $59 its a decent buy.
Black Widow Motorcycle Lift Jack
Weighs 28lbs, should be fine as a check in baggage. You just need to find a willing friend :-)

This is the only part about sports bikes I do not like, I would need a full lift with tiedowns.
prasadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 07:24   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avneeshj View Post
It makes perfect sense what you're saying. I have received information from a couple of indian manufacturers and even in the pictures it doesn't look very confidence inspiring. I have emailed JSJacks about shipping to India and am awaiting a reply. Do you have any feedback on the Harbor Freight Bike Lifts? A lot of people on HDForums have been writing positive reviews about it. JSJacks is however the best I hear.
Not really, I've read reviews both pros/cons about HB freight lift but with JS its only pros all the way,
just a thought, J&S can lift your bike approx 30" above the ground, so for cleaning purpose or any other work you don't have to bend your back to do it.

BTW,I do vaguely remember that J&S only uses UPS or FEDEX shipping both intl & domestic...so the lady told me once that price would be approx around 250$ for shipping...

Best bet find a guy who is willing to haul it in an airplane as luggage & pay him
shrini78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 16:26   #8
BHPian

fellas... did anyone manage to get this jack? I am now in the market for one and can't seem to find anything around Mumbai. I do a lot of work on the bike myself and this would be an awesome addition. I've seen plenty that fold very flat for storage and that is exactly what I'm after. Will help me wash and do the fixing much better than right now. All I need is a manual jack that can lift the bike up and off the ground by about 10"-12". Reached a point where I was thinking of making one.
adrena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 17:50   #9
BHPian

Hi,

Do you want a full motorcycle service lift?The same type that would be used at the harley service centre?

Since you mentioned that you would be working on it for customisation et all I assume that its a full lift that you require.Well,we did buy a quite a few hydraulic lifts for our service centre a few years ago.I don't know if the kind of one you want is produced by the same manufacturer whom we bought ours from.I could enquire if you want.Expect it to be slighty expensive though.

If it is a simple jack that you want,all you need is a friend/relative who wouldn't mind getting it for you from abroad.

Regards

BOV
B O V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 20:51   #10
Awaiting Email Confirmation

If you plan to make one, let me know... I'd love to help
the-mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote