Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 7th October 2011, 11:30   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Buying a Hyosung Aquila 250?

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetamkabra View Post
Anyway, If you don't mind, would you be able to share the contact details of Salman from ronit motors so that in case need arises, I can dorectly get in touch woth him. I am always for the preventive service rather than the corrective one. Hence, if you can help, will be appreciated.
I've emailed it to you using the site function. Hope you received it

Quote:
As regards 110W bulb in headlight! Thats overkill man. Did the previous owner / mechanic thought that the bike was a part of search and rescue ops in dark jungles? :-D.
Anyway, now that you have been able to solve the problem and started using the machine, Am happy. Share more of your experiences.

I have been the only owner of this bike and I distinctly remember telling a previous mechanic I needed a better headlight. I assumed he had put in an upgrade to the 35W bulb i.e say a 50/55W or thereabouts, now I didn't realize he decided to plug in the 110W bulb. Once it was in, I didn't complain about the brightness (it was freakin' awesome ). Who would think that one such overlooked thing can ground your vehicle for this long.

Also most of the mechanics could not catch this, because they worked on the bike during the day and I rode at night. So everytime I rode, the bike would lose battery and everytime the mechanic tested - the battery was fine.
maverhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 21:32   #32
BHPian

A while ago, I had ordered a carb jet kit from Larry Cook. i.e Larry Cook Hyosung 650 Jet Kits

Do you guys know a good mechanic who can do rejetting the carbs (the kit contains everything needed to get the work done). Just need a good enough mechanic to go ahead and do so. Any suggestions?
Old 24th October 2011, 11:34   #33
BHPian

Dear Old Salman will not be of heklp here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
A while ago, I had ordered a carb jet kit from Larry Cook. i.e Larry Cook Hyosung 650 Jet Kits

Do you guys know a good mechanic who can do rejetting the carbs (the kit contains everything needed to get the work done). Just need a good enough mechanic to go ahead and do so. Any suggestions?
preetamkabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 11:43   #34
BHPian

Salman doesn't say 'no' to anything, which bothers me. Sometimes you have to read between the lines as to the limits of his ability. Would trust someone who has been there done that, which he doesn't seem to have

Quote:
Dear Old Salman will not be of heklp here?
Old 24th October 2011, 11:59   #35
BHPian

Right said mate.

About the jet kits, you have really done some good research, I suppose. Would be nice to hear about it (the performance boost, the new thump thump etc).

Does it include the twin exhaust pipes as well? However, as per the given pic, I am not able to see any protective cover over the pipes!

Pray that you get a good mechanic - since as per the site, everything is illustrated. Cheers and all the best again.

By the way, I am thinking of repainting the machine - what say like a good paintjob - just like the OCC show - with some good design and colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
Salman doesn't say 'no' to anything, which bothers me. Sometimes you have to read between the lines as to the limits of his ability. Would trust someone who has been there done that, which he doesn't seem to have
Old 24th October 2011, 12:58   #36
BHPian

I doubt I'll be modifying the exhaust. Reg, the kit, tons of people have used it in Aus with great reviews. It is illustrated, but some expertise would def. be required to get it done right.

I too have been exploring the painting stuff. I am going to get some airbrushing done sometime next month. Which places are you considering for the painting? I'm looking at Toolhead Customs

Quote:
Right said mate.

About the jet kits, you have really done some good research, I suppose. Would be nice to hear about it (the performance boost, the new thump thump etc).

Does it include the twin exhaust pipes as well? However, as per the given pic, I am not able to see any protective cover over the pipes!

Pray that you get a good mechanic - since as per the site, everything is illustrated. Cheers and all the best again.

By the way, I am thinking of repainting the machine - what say like a good paintjob - just like the OCC show - with some good design and colors.
Old 30th March 2012, 10:29   #37
BHPian

Hey Maverhick,

Long time. Did you read the news about Garware's launching the Aquila again? Should be good for us, so that the dearth of parts and servicing should be taken care of.

So, did you color (airbrush) the bike?
Old 1st October 2012, 11:32   #38
BHPian

I did finally paint my bike. I used toolhead customs and they did a fantastic job of making the bike gorgeous.

The old battery 12V, 9Amp battery gave away. I bought an exide backer battery which does 12v 14ah, but is an inch taller than the other battery and so won't fit. Will take it to salman to see if he can lower the battery plate and make some magic.
Old 1st October 2012, 12:14   #39
BHPian

Congratulations on your bike's new paint job. Would appreciate if you post some good pics.
Old 2nd October 2012, 14:51   #40
BHPian

No luck on lowering the plate. So have to use a different battery. Lowering the plate would make it come in touch with the swingarm.
Old 2nd October 2012, 20:40   #41
BHPian

Mate post the pics of your beauty. Must see how it looks like After your paint job.
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2012, 16:35   #42
BHPian

Congrats Maverhick, Please post the pics buddy.

What a coincidence, my bike is also ready after a complete overhaul, lets the pics do the talking. She is a 2003 Carb model with 15K KMs under its belt.

This is how she was when I bought her home in May
Buying a Hyosung Aquila 250?-dsc_1290.jpg
Buying a Hyosung Aquila 250?-dsc_1294.jpg

After 3 long months, she has transformed to this
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a Hyosung Aquila 250?-p1090838.jpg  

Buying a Hyosung Aquila 250?-p1090839.jpg  

Buying a Hyosung Aquila 250?-p1090840.jpg  

Buying a Hyosung Aquila 250?-p1090844.jpg  

Buying a Hyosung Aquila 250?-p1090846.jpg  

Buying a Hyosung Aquila 250?-p1090847.jpg  

Buying a Hyosung Aquila 250?-p1090848.jpg  

LionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2012, 16:39   #43
BHPian

LionX, wow! that is one helluva transformation there. I love the attention to details. Great choice of colors as well. It is tough to get a vehicle to look right with those colors!

I'll wait until the end of monsoon, have a detailer work on it for a day and the will post the pics
maverhick is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2012, 16:55   #44
BHPian

Thank you bro, waiting for your pics. And yes it took so many sleepless nights to reach this stage.
LionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2012, 19:12   #45
BHPian

Beautiful transformation. Looks a beauty after the new paint job.
The seats look plush too. How much did u spend on the re-paint and finishing?
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote