Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2015, 08:38   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 66
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: TVS Apache RTR180 ABS: Test Ride & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
ON THE ROAD:
Howdy. The bike looks pretty proportional for you. Sorry, I need to ask - how tall are you? and would you recommend this for a six footer?
Sridutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2015, 09:02   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 66
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: TVS Apache RTR180 ABS: Test Ride & Review

Oh, and what's the longest ride you've had on it? would a run from Bangalore to Pune be possible without a terrible backache? I know of a KTM 390 owner who (nuts as he is) was peppy even after he did it.
Sridutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2015, 17:39   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default Re: TVS Apache RTR180 ABS: Test Ride & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridutt View Post
Howdy. The bike looks pretty proportional for you. Sorry, I need to ask - how tall are you? and would you recommend this for a six footer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridutt View Post
Oh, and what's the longest ride you've had on it? would a run from Bangalore to Pune be possible without a terrible backache? I know of a KTM 390 owner who (nuts as he is) was peppy even after he did it.
I was an ex-owner of the RTR180 & I am 6'0 ft tall too! I used the bike for nearly 23,000kms before moving onto a Duke 200.

With regards to your query, the bike was comfortable for me and did not feel cramped. I am on the lean side though and not heavy built. You have to take this into consideration as well. In terms of longest ride, I have done 600kms ride in a day and yes there definitely was a sore back/neck which would go away after a few hours of rest. I used to be a regular on the Bangalore-Coorg route in 2010 and have done that route every weekend on the RTR for a year. Hope this helps!
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2015, 14:39   #49
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 66
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: TVS Apache RTR180 ABS: Test Ride & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
I was an ex-owner of the RTR180 & I am 6'0 ft tall too! I used the bike for nearly 23,000kms before moving onto a Duke 200.
Yup. if you were happy for 23k kms, its good enough for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
In terms of longest ride, I have done 600kms ride in a day and yes there definitely was a sore back/neck which would go away after a few hours of rest. I used to be a regular on the Bangalore-Coorg route in 2010 and have done that route every weekend on the RTR for a year. Hope this helps!
Yup. Helps again. 600 kms/day is pretty respectable. Then its good enough for me.
Sridutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Bike? Apache RTR180 or Pulsar 220? Gordon Motorbikes 10 2nd February 2016 08:39
TVS Apache RTR180: Ownership Review abhinav.s Motorbikes 79 13th June 2013 18:29
TVS Apache 180 ABS - The White Devil prateekm Motorbikes 82 15th December 2012 16:44
TVS Apache RTR 180 ABS launched! First Indian bike with ABS GTO Motorbikes 37 3rd June 2011 17:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks