Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 31st March 2006, 03:13   #31
BHPian

Now the bore is a cast iron bore for the road king and assume its the same for the classic. Ideal jawa were going to come out with an aluminum bore, that is before they went out of business. Its available in Mysore. Went there to pick a bore for my friends roadking. The whole factory has been razed to the ground, but a few dealers bought truck load of parts at the auction.

I was quoted a price of 4k and the aluminium bore. It boasts a better transfer port profile. A lighter bore will take off weight and also with the transfer port profile change it allegedly gives better performance plus aluminium is easier to work with for porting than cast iron.

You can still get bores and heads for Yezdi's. Not the ones made by Ideal jawa but ones made in Coimbatore if you seach hard enough. Know a guy in bangalore who said he's got one.

Again, its an antique man, restore it to stock and treat it like it should be treated. Like a war veteran. Its past its prime.

The only change I would suggest is to upgrade to a less troublesome VM28 carb.
TheCockroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 13:03   #32

Default Help me modify my yezdi roadking

Hey guys,

I just got myself a Yezdi Roadking, 1992 Model.

The condition is good, it is running but nowhere near top notch condition.

I figured I'd have to modify it but I have no knowledge about technical skills and I am not too trusty when it comes to mechanics who say they can make an RX135 go 160 or a suzuki shogun go 150.

I am primarily interested in Performance mods. My budget is 25k.

I have heard RX135s get faster by stuff like engine boring, engine shaving, K&N Filters, new spark plugs and Carbs.

I read on Wiki that a yezdi can be modified for sport racing, I just want to know What should I do to boost the performance at its maximum possibility on a YEZDI ROADKING.

Personally I see a LOT of mod potential for a 2-stroke 250cc bike, suggestions needed.
Vineshway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 21:54   #33

Dear friend you should have been at nasik on 13th december to see what the modified rx 135 and tvs apache can do. ITS NOT THAT EASY.they have a complete research team behind it.If u want to have more more information you can meet vineet,anwar,sujit or balu at nasik .These are well known mechanics who modify rx 135 for the races.
It includes boring at particular angles in microns and an exhaust chamber to suit it.As for shaolin they replace the piston imported from indonesia.

and
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineshway View Post
Hey guys,

I just got myself a Yezdi Roadking, 1992 Model.

The condition is good, it is running but nowhere near top notch condition.

I figured I'd have to modify it but I have no knowledge about technical skills and I am not too trusty when it comes to mechanics who say they can make an RX135 go 160 or a suzuki shogun go 150.

I am primarily interested in Performance mods. My budget is 25k.

I have heard RX135s get faster by stuff like engine boring, engine shaving, K&N Filters, new spark plugs and Carbs.

I read on Wiki that a yezdi can be modified for sport racing, I just want to know What should I do to boost the performance at its maximum possibility on a YEZDI ROADKING.

Personally I see a LOT of mod potential for a 2-stroke 250cc bike, suggestions needed.
pushkarnaik is offline   Reply With Quote