Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 1st October 2012, 19:41   #76

Default Re: TVS Apache 180 ABS - The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Oh hell! that's gross carelessness by the service centre. The least the buggers can do is drain and refill oil!! Well if they are agreeing to replace everything without charging you a pie then accept without making much trouble but change your service centre immediately to a different one. If they ask you for labour/parts cost or anything, then raise hell and bring the building down around them!!
Or rather call this number [TVS Toll Free : 18004252077] if the buggers charge you!
arpanguha is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2012, 12:43   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oh hell! that's gross carelessness by the service centre. The least the buggers can do is drain and refill oil!! Well if they are agreeing to replace everything without charging you a pie then accept without making much trouble but change your service centre immediately to a different one. If they ask you for labour/parts cost or anything, then raise hell and bring the building down around them!!
Took up the issue via TVS FB page . I PM'd them and they took it up and case registered. I was asked to give the bike to the service centre. I got the bike back last day. Paid 332 for oil and gasket.

I saw that they had changed cylinder and crank ( worth around 5.7k) in their job card. Now @ 6150kms , I have a brand new engine! Have to do the run in again .

And, the brake sound still is there! Local mechanic is worried on working on rear disc coz I have ABS. Donno why they couldnt check the bike and give for delivery.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2012, 13:11   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I saw that they had changed cylinder and crank ( worth around 5.7k) in their job card. Now @ 6150kms , I have a brand new engine! Have to do the run in again .

And, the brake sound still is there! Local mechanic is worried on working on rear disc coz I have ABS. Donno why they couldnt check the bike and give for delivery.
Good they did not charge you for the work but the pain of running in again - I can understand!

Regarding the brakes, yes better to get it checked at the SVC. Your mechanic is quite honest in not experimenting with the ABS equipped brakes. Nice of him to be up front about it rather than screwing up something and repenting later.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 12:13   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Good they did not charge you for the work but the pain of running in again - I can understand!

Regarding the brakes, yes better to get it checked at the SVC. Your mechanic is quite honest in not experimenting with the ABS equipped brakes. Nice of him to be up front about it rather than screwing up something and repenting later.
Took it back the ASC and of course had to raise my voice. Got it fixed.
Why cant these guys cross check and give! They close ASC billiong at 5pm sharp and it tough to reach there within this time period on working days.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 19:53   #80

Hi Fellow Apacheans, A question on tires. I have a rather sparingly used Apache 180 RTR (done about 6,000 KM's in 3 years), but one that has been in storage for a fairly long time. I have now serviced it, changed to Shell Synth oil, air filters and a free flow exhaust as well. It is the rear tire that is kind of giving me a challenge. Based on the advice from Abhinav S (and other forum patrons), I decided to go in for Pirelli MT75 110/80-17 tires, but I am just not able to locate a dealer in Chennai who stocks these. Even Tirestore in Greams road does not stock these this size.Would any of you know a store in Chennai where I can source these tires? Or if not, is there an alternative brand that you would recommend?Thanks,
Stribog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 21:31   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Based on the advice from Abhinav S (and other forum patrons), I decided to go in for Pirelli MT75 110/80-17 tires, but I am just not able to locate a dealer in Chennai who stocks these. Even Tirestore in Greams road does not stock these this size.Would any of you know a store in Chennai where I can source these tires? Or if not, is there an alternative brand that you would recommend?Thanks,
Well it is very difficult to source imported tyres now due to some govt. regulations mandating all tyres imported/sold to have ISI mark on them. The tyre i got was also almost 3 months old but in good condition. An alternative to this is IRC NR48 which is a very sticky tyre but with average tyre life. If you are ok with this, you can try this. If this is also not available, then the desi MRF Zapper Vyde is the other option. Fellow Apachian on a different forum has this on the RTR180 and it is doing good so far. Its 120 section tyre though. All the best with the hunt for the tyre!
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 21:59   #82
BHPian

I changed the rear tyre to Pirelli Speed Demon 110/80-17. The difference is quite huge. Changed it at 15k km, and expecting at a life of at least 15k so that I can change both the tyres at 30k.

Also this time, used Shell synthetic oil instead of Motul. There is quite a difference, the Motul was better IMO, lesser vibes at high RPM's.
prateekm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 16:44   #83

Quote:

Well it is very difficult to source imported tyres now due to some govt. regulations mandating all tyres imported/sold to have ISI mark on them. The tyre i got was also almost 3 months old but in good condition. An alternative to this is IRC NR48 which is a very sticky tyre but with average tyre life. If you are ok with this, you can try this. If this is also not available, then the desi MRF Zapper Vyde is the other option. Fellow Apachian on a different forum has this on the RTR180 and it is doing good so far. Its 120 section tyre though. All the best with the hunt for the tyre!
Thanks Abhinav,.spot on as usual...all dealers say because of the ISIs mark issue they don't stock Pirellis. Going for the MRF zapper c option....
Stribog is offline   Reply With Quote