Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 3rd November 2011, 13:13   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: New Outlet for my experiments - World's 1st CBR250R Standalone ECU on the way!

I would be eagerly looking forward for up-dates on this.

The suspension is what is stopping the bike. There is front dive & it isn't as nimble/agile as a Sports Bike should.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 14:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: New Outlet for my experiments - World's 1st CBR250R Standalone ECU on the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I would be eagerly looking forward for up-dates on this.

The suspension is what is stopping the bike. There is front dive & it isn't as nimble/agile as a Sports Bike should.
Can't the dive be fixed by adding more oil to front forks ? .Make be 30 -40 ml on each side to start with ?
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 14:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Updates should be quick once the first service is out of the way. I am trying to source the OEM ECU plug so that it's plug-n-play. Autotune should be included.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:31   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Can't the dive be fixed by adding more oil to front forks ? .Make be 30 -40 ml on each side to start with ?
It will. There is another option of adding stiffer springs. The oil one as suggested by you is hassle free & worth. Though seeing SVC & mechanic's (in) competency don't want to risk it.
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Do you really need to swap stiffer springs? Why not just increase the preload on the fronts. The rear is adjustable anyways.
Old 4th November 2011, 10:00   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
More oil? How does that work?

I would have guessed that some higher viscosity oil would be what was needed?

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 12:26   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Do you really need to swap stiffer springs? Why not just increase the preload on the fronts. The rear is adjustable anyways.
How to increase the pre-load at front?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
More oil? How does that work?

I would have guessed that some higher viscosity oil would be what was needed?

cya
R
Higher viscosity coupled with a bit of overfill.
Old 4th November 2011, 13:41   #23
BHPian

You would be having quite a few stages of modifications in mind to make the city go quicker than the stock CBR, atleast to a hundred.
Ride safe
K.
doctorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 14:33   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And I wanted to run the bike in myself.
Pranav, same question from me , that Rehaan asked. It would have made more sense to buy one of those almost new CBR's than get a new one. Some of those on sale have pretty low running.

But, this is going to be an intresting thread. One quesiton while you do what you have planned - why do you say this will be the World's first CBR250 with a stand alone ECU ?
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 15:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
How to increase the pre-load at front?
Expect an update on that as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
You would be having quite a few stages of modifications in mind to make the city go quicker than the stock CBR, atleast to a hundred.
Ride safe
K.
Thank you. Have a LOT planned for the car. Completion should be in a few months. Some bespoke parts are going on the car, and a lot is coming out of the car too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Pranav, same question from me , that Rehaan asked. It would have made more sense to buy one of those almost new CBR's than get a new one. Some of those on sale have pretty low running.

But, this is going to be an intresting thread. One quesiton while you do what you have planned - why do you say this will be the World's first CBR250 with a stand alone ECU ?
Not the world's first CBR250 with a standalone ECU. Or maybe it is. Don't know what international racing teams are up to. But this will be the first specially designed for this bike.

Honestly, seeing the way most people use their cars and bikes, I don't trust people selling anything with a low mileage. If they are disappointed with the performance of the bike, it's pretty obvious they have already abused it and found it lacking.
Old 4th November 2011, 21:09   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi,
After the CBR250, suggest you take a look at the C5. Throw in a wideband, and watch the stampede to your door!

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 22:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

C5? Not well versed in various bikes, as you can see
Old 5th November 2011, 16:10   #28
BHPian

^^I think Sutripta is referring to Royal Enfield Classic 500.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 20:09   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
C5? Not well versed in various bikes, as you can see
Actually Royal Enfields new (UCE) 500 cc engine the Indian version of which has an open loop fuel injection system. The foreign version has a lambda sensor. People here are complaining of unsatisfactory performance.

C5 refers to their C(lassic) 5(00) model, which has this engine.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 01:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

Ah, a Bullet Classic.

As a recreational purchase, I do not see any value in it because I personally do not have a liking for them. Different strokes for different folks; no offense intended to any Enfield owner and/or fan.

As an investment, I do not have the money sadly. Perhaps if I have time and someone's ready to lend his/her bike as a test mule, I can have a go.