Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 26th November 2011, 00:15   #61
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Running errands has never been this much fun !!

@ Ram I do have some ideas about how that guard can be incorporated into a panier. Will share details of project panier once I get started !!

@ArizonaJim thanks for the link. For some reason I never found the green army Enfields attractive. But with the superior paint and detailing I suppose the 500 has garnered a big fan following in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
But why do you need a Saree Guard when you have a single-seater? I cannot register the need other then make it look like a 'commuter motorcycle'.
the 500 is delivered with the pillion seat and the saree guard. I would like to get rid of the guard too but will have to replace it with a frame like what you have on the opposite side

Last edited by DKG : 26th November 2011 at 00:25.
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2011, 09:43   #62
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
I rode back home last Saturday evening !! A gorgeous new Royal Enfield Classic 500
Congratulations and best wishes, DKG. RE CL 500 in black is really cute. No doubt, it commands 8 months of waiting in Bangalore as compared to 4 - 6 months for other colours including Desert Storm. Originally, we had almost decided in favour of Desert Storm. After seeing the photographs of your black beauty, we may change our decision in favour of black notwithstanding two more months' waiting.
J.Ravi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2011, 18:56   #63
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
we may change our decision in favour of black notwithstanding two more months' waiting.
My personal view after seeing all the colours is black looks beautiful on the 500, especially since the pain quality is really very nice and does justice to black when maintained well
DKG is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2011, 19:41   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After seeing the photographs of your black beauty, we may change our decision in favour of black notwithstanding two more months' waiting.
So Ravi Sir, would we see another travelogue about your Leh-Ladakh trip aboard your new Enfield 350. You are indeed a bundle of energy and would this bike be for your primary usage of part of the extended family?
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 08:11   #65
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
You are indeed a bundle of energy and would this bike be for your primary usage of part of the extended family?
Thanks, ku69rd. Actually, the bike is for my son! Yesterday, he booked Desert Storm, as we wanted the bike asap.
Quote:
So Ravi Sir, would we see another travelogue about your Leh-Ladakh trip aboard your new Enfield 350.
I have already informed my family that I would be going solo to Leh in RE DS. I narrowly missed Southern Odyssey organised by RE during 11 - 23 December 2011.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 15:48   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have already informed my family that I would be going solo to Leh in RE DS. I narrowly missed Southern Odyssey organised by RE during 11 - 23 December 2011.
Ahh there you go, i was smelling something on the plate. however do let me know once you have the bullet and if you want to join us for the weekend rides. Would be my honor riding with you

Sorry DKG for hijacking your thread...
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote