| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|13th March 2006, 10:51||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Bike and Drag Questions
I am coming home to Bangalore this May and I am very excited as I have a lot of plans. Hopefully I am able to make a majority of them a reality. As I see from this forum a lot has been hapening since I left home and even before that as I found this forum not too long ago. Therefore I have a lot of questions so please bear with me.
1. Are there any drags that might be happening in Bagalore between May 25th and June 20th this year?
2. Are there any tracks in or around Bangalore? If not where are the closest ones? How often are there track days organized for bikes?
3. As I saw in the Delhi speed run thread our RX's and Rd's are running pretty fast times. How close are these times to what we see in Bagalore?
4. Are these 13-14 seccond bikes normally aspirated and running regular fuel? Is the timing equipment currently being used at the races accurate? The last Jakkur Drag I was at the only way to tell(as a spectator) what times the bikes were running was to get an approximate measurement from my stopwatch.
5. Will H1/H3/H4/H7 bulbs fit an RX? (I know this question seems out of place but I am getting a great deal on some quality bulbs and want to pick up some for me and my friends)
6.Since I don't have the priveleges (yet) to post in the Marketplace area I must ask what are the current going rates for RD's in bangalore? I am not looking for a perfect bike, just a good engine...I don't care even if the body is completely wrecked as I plan to build it up from scratch into a race bike.
That's all that I can think of right now but I am sure a lot more questions will pop up into my head soon. Thank you for taking the time to read my thread, any help will be greatly appreciated.
|13th March 2006, 20:14||#3|
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore, India.
Thanked: 0 Times
1. nothing announced yet
2. nearest = coimbatore and chennai
3. not much difference
4. most guys run regular fuel / timing equipment is accurate
5. no clue
6. in b'lore a decent RD = 35-45k
im no expert...but hope this helps.
|18th March 2006, 03:00||#4|
Join Date: Mar 2006
Thanked: 0 Times
This might help
1.no news about organized drags, but you might be able to catch some action on brigade road and koramangala outer ring road on week ends late at night.
3.not much difference
4.regular fuel,timing equipment is not high end, just decent stop watches
5. no idea about RX's
6. you might also get a RD for 30 grand, but have to search really hard. try getting it from out of state, one of my pal got it and told me it was cheaper.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Building a classic drag bike||motocamp||Motorbikes||14||20th January 2009 07:22|
|New Civic 1.8V AT. Questions questions...||ImmortalZ||Sedans||6||12th June 2008 09:49|
|Bike Drag racers arrested by police.||snaronikar||Motorbikes||34||4th March 2008 21:18|
|Street and drag racing in and around LA (Illegal and legal)..||chetanhanda||Street Experiences||0||8th October 2007 07:20|
|Toms drag bike pic||Jaggu||Indian Motorsport||25||10th January 2006 18:08|