Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 2nd February 2012, 14:16   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy
Just a question though - how much has the bike run and when was it purchased?
Sorry for the delay. Was kinda busy. Anyway the bike was purchased on the 8th of may 2011. Totally run about 3300 kms.
VANOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 14:28   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Honda CBR 250R and parts issues

Naveen, thanks for your help with the part manager at Dream Honda. The bike is still awaiting a few parts and it's been more than 3 months now. Bike was taken in by Haiku Honda, Domlur, on Nov 2nd '11 for repairs.

They said they don't have radiator; and I decided to get it sourced from Dream Honda thanks to Naveen. At the last moment, they say the radiator has arrived. I think the ordeal is finally over but no. Now they say that the front brake caliper is not there - again try to get it from Dream Honda. Again, last moment they say they've got it.
But wait, bike won't be ready for atleast another ten days they say, beacuse a 'few parts are missing'. I call them up everyday to just get the complete list of missing parts and even after 10 days, they can't provide me with a complete list!

Frustrated, I go to their service center on Friday.
Me: Why is the bike still not ready? What parts are missing?
Service Advisor (SA): Sir, some parts are missing
Me: Yes, I know that. Just give the complete list of missing parts.
SA: I will give next week.
Me: What??! How long does it take to just list the parts you don't have for the bike? 30 mins max? I want the list now.
SA: Sir we are waiting for parts from warehouse. As soon as they come, I will get the bike ready in 2-3 days.
Me: I want the list of parts right now.

SA takes me to the godown and starts checking which parts are missing.

SA: Sir left side fairing part has not come.
Me: Do you need that to get the bike into a running condition?
SA: No
Me: Then tell me what you need to get the bike running first!
SA: Sir parts are coming today, we can check and tell you.
Me: <frustrated> You need 3 months to source parts? And a month to just tell me which ones are missing?
SA: Sir, parts are there but in a very large warehouse in Chennai and they are not able to locate them.
Me: You are kidding right?
SA; Sir the warehouse is spread in acres. Very difficult to find parts in there.
Me: <stunned> Ok. where is the warehouse; I'll go search.
SA: No sir some parts will come today and then we'll tell you.

I give up and return back. Today he calls to tell that L.Crankcase cover(11341 kyj 900) is the part they are waiting for. Still trying to see if I can get it from somewhere.

This is by far, the most pathetic service I have ever encountered. They never call back; never give you an accurate status and never commit to date for delivery. Simply gobsmacked by the level of service provided to what is a premium product in their line up.
niranjanrvce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 14:43   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
I give up and return back. Today he calls to tell that L.Crankcase cover(11341 kyj 900) is the part they are waiting for. Still trying to see if I can get it from somewhere.

This is by far, the most pathetic service I have ever encountered. They never call back; never give you an accurate status and never commit to date for delivery. Simply gobsmacked by the level of service provided to what is a premium product in their line up.
Oh! thats bad service indeed. In this sense, I really appreciate the parts manager who helped in Saphire and Dream Honda. They were atleast courteous and really did help in giving me the list of parts, updating me as they arrived and in sourcing them in the first place.

For the crankcase, why don't you approach Dream Honda or Saphire. If they do have it in stock, quickly source it from them and get your bike on the road again.

Have you actually left the bike at the ASC all this time?
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 14:54   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
For the crankcase, why don't you approach Dream Honda or Saphire. If they do have it in stock, quickly source it from them and get your bike on the road again.

Have you actually left the bike at the ASC all this time?
Yes the bike is at the ASC all this while - it isn't in running condition and that's the bare minimum I am asking for. I am checking with Dream/Saphire Honda. Let's see if something works out soon.
niranjanrvce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 14:58   #50
BHPian

@Naveen,
Can you share what is the cost of the silver silencer cover ?
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 15:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Yes the bike is at the ASC all this while - it isn't in running condition and that's the bare minimum I am asking for. I am checking with Dream/Saphire Honda. Let's see if something works out soon.
Ok, understandable then. But do keep and eye on it. Just to see that they don't use your bike in any way as a "donor" bike for other CBRs.

Hopefully your ordeal will end soon. Do post details as they come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
@Naveen,
Can you share what is the cost of the silver silencer cover ?
Hello Santosh - the price that I was quoted is Rs.356
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 22:44   #52
BHPian

My Bike is there with the service center for a week now and they still dont have any clue of the problem and they have just found a little worn out timing chain tensioner. May be i will get the bike in a couple of days more, but i am sure that the problem i am facing will not be rectified cause i think the problem is in the head of the bike.
jasmeetsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 22:50   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmeetsingh View Post
My Bike is there with the service center for a week now and they still dont have any clue of the problem and they have just found a little worn out timing chain tensioner. May be i will get the bike in a couple of days more, but i am sure that the problem i am facing will not be rectified cause i think the problem is in the head of the bike.
What - its been 7 months now? Any clue of the parts status? Have they replaced the valve and valve guide and oil seals? Or are they thinking that is not the problem?
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 23:01   #54
BHPian

They have replaced the block piston kit but not the head and nothing was done to the valve guide and oil seals. I know the problem is with the head.
Old 14th February 2012, 13:04   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmeetsingh View Post
Could you please elaborate what the issue is or if you have mentioned it already somewhere, please provide the link.
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 19:59   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please elaborate what the issue is or if you have mentioned it already somewhere, please provide the link.
I have mentioned the issue in this thread itself turn a couple of pages.

Know they service center has ordered some parts said to be timing chain tensioner and some more but the mechanic says the issue is with the head and i also say the head is culprit.
jasmeetsingh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 20:04   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guess this is it - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post2609811 (Honda CBR 250R and parts issues)
naveenroy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 21:32   #58
BHPian

What the hell is happening i don't know for smoke from the engine they are replacing the timing chain can that be the problem. I for sure know its the valve guide and oil seal problem. And now after the sound in the engine the timing chain tensioner is being changed it has some rubber rod which keeps it tight and is bent now after the engine has been overhauled. So even the mechanic doesn't know anything. I will be filing a complaint in consumer court in a few days, just waiting to loose my patience.
Old 5th May 2014, 14:55   #59
BHPian

It been two years and the parts woes continue.

I have been trying to source a rear disc plate and none of the service centres in bangalore seem to have them.

Would any one know how much a disc plate for a non-abs version cost ?

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th May 2014 at 15:49. Reason: Please start your sentences with capitals. Thanks!
arepalli99 is offline   Reply With Quote