Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 27th December 2011, 22:22   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Which bike for 90K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Rode around the office campus a bit - didn't feel any unnatural vibes whatsoever. The 180 one will only be better IMO.
Since you rode around the office campus, were you able to take it beyond 4-5k RPM? The 160 does around 50-53kmph at 4k rpm. Hence you would not have felt any vibes. Also if the bike was well run in, it wont show any vibes below 4k RPM. FI was believed to be smoother than the carb sibling (dont have personal experience on this). The 180 is indeed better but the vibes are not fully absent and you can certainly feel them in the 5-6k RPM range.
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 22:25   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Since you rode around the office campus, were you able to take it beyond 4-5k RPM? The 160 does around 50-53kmph at 4k rpm. Hence you would not have felt any vibes. Also if the bike was well run in, it wont show any vibes below 4k RPM. FI was believed to be smoother than the carb sibling (dont have personal experience on this). The 180 is indeed better but the vibes are not fully absent and you can certainly feel them in the 5-6k RPM range.
Abhi sir - not sure if you have been to a campus called Manyata tech park? There is a stretch between the gate and a coffee shop inside - at least 2 kms in length if not more- a dead straight stretch. you think I could not have done more than 4-5K rpm on that stretch at 2 am in the morning? and yes it was the FI sibling
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 22:33   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Abhi sir - not sure if you have been to a campus called Manyata tech park? There is a stretch between the gate and a coffee shop inside - at least 2 kms in length if not more- a dead straight stretch. you think I could not have done more than 4-5K rpm on that stretch at 2 am in the morning? and yes it was the FI sibling
Ah! MTP --> Take back my words. Coz my campus in whitefield RMZ is riddled with so many humps that i cannot touch 3k rpm easily!
Old 28th December 2011, 08:21   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Hope this helps set the expectation right for Avin when he goes for the test ride. Go with an open mind and be well aware of the above issues during the ride.
x2
I compared it(RTR) with the P180/150
Even the Unicorn vibrates like hell at higher revs but it does not penetrate into our heinies but stays at the foot pegs and handlebars(Hence the question about dampening).
Patriot_Vishwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 11:02   #50
BHPian

Just thought that I will pitch in with a quick feedback on Avenger 220. Had bought it for my wife (then fiancee) 4 months ago. She rides it most of the days while I take it occassionaly when the car is not available. Personally, for me, the handle geometry is a bit awkward (I am around 170cms), while it apparently is perfect for her. Both of us use it in fairly heavy commute- Hinjewadi and Shivajinagar, Pune at peak traffic and I would like to disagree on its unsuitablity in heavy traffic. Ofcourse you cannot cut lanes, perpendicular to the road like all those silly 100 cc hooligans in Pune. It can and does take fast sweeping turns in a way that can bring you a smile on your face.
Regarding the cons- its a bit on the heavier side, Wifey uses only the side stand. And it does not like bad roads well, transmitting a lot of potholes to your body. Speedbreakers are not a problem though! I kinda like the pillion seat with the backrest- a bit narrow probably, but better than hanging on to the flimsy handrails found in most other bikes. Regarding reliablity, the front turn indicator has gone kaput, there is a lot of play in the rear brake lever despite fixing it during the first service. And ofcourse, the characterisitc fogging of the fuel gauge.
trakesht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 16:32   #51

This thread has given lot of insight on bikes. And now I am little confused on which bike to go for ..... heheheee

I do have a list of bikes that I am interested in, but still asking you one last favor.
Can you please vote for one bike that you suggest? Just reply with the bike name, considering the 2 factors given below.

Category : 180cc or 220c, even 150 cc is also fine
Price range : max 90K

Hope you all will vote !!!
Thank you all well in advance.
Wishing you a very Happy New Year 2012.
avinfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 20:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinfine View Post
This thread has given lot of insight on bikes. And now I am little confused on which bike to go for ..... heheheee

I do have a list of bikes that I am interested in, but still asking you one last favor.
Can you please vote for one bike that you suggest? Just reply with the bike name, considering the 2 factors given below.

Category : 180cc or 220c, even 150 cc is also fine
Price range : max 90K

Hope you all will vote !!!
Thank you all well in advance.
Wishing you a very Happy New Year 2012.
Dude - 100 guys will give you 200 options! None of them are wrong! I would say - each opinion is worth it! Helps you know more from actual users.

Finally it is you who will be enjoying your ride. So take this (not so) old mans opinion as well.

Visit the showroom. Touch n feel and ride the bikes - see what your heart/mind and pocket say - and GO FOR IT! you will not regret!

Human tendency is - Neighbor's wife is more beautiful. One may have the most beautiful bike (in all terms) but will still yearn for a better one!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 21:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude - 100 guys will give you 200 options! None of them are wrong! I would say - each opinion is worth it! Helps you know more from actual users......
+1000!!

Totally agree. All my posts in this thread i have said the same thing at the end. Test ride the listed bikes and you will connect with the one you want! Opinions will be just that - Opinions. Go for the test ride. Take a long ride on the bikes of your choice and ensure you get the feel of it. You will certainly find your match.

All the best!
Old 31st December 2011, 12:12   #54

Quote:
Dude - 100 guys will give you 200 options! None of them are wrong! I would say - each opinion is worth it! Helps you know more from actual users.

Finally it is you who will be enjoying your ride. So take this (not so) old mans opinion as well.

Visit the showroom. Touch n feel and ride the bikes - see what your heart/mind and pocket say - and GO FOR IT! you will not regret!

Human tendency is - Neighbor's wife is more beautiful. One may have the most beautiful bike (in all terms) but will still yearn for a better one!

Today I visited couple of showrooms, TVS, Bajaj and Honda.

The guy didn't give Avenger for test drive. I desperately wanted to feel it.
Liked Pulsar on look wise. The showroom guy looked too khadoos, so I didn't wanted to talk to him any further, just came out even asking for pulsar test drive. I can find many showroms.

Don't know why, I didnt like RTR 180 (I am talking about looks). For me Pulsar looked better than RTR. There was no sales guy, so didn't get RTR for test drive :( Wrong timing.

Then visited Honda. CBR 250 had caught my attention since its inception. Though its over and above my budget, I took it for a drive. It was too short a drive and I couldn't zoom beyond 50 kmph. What I felt it,, I may get a back pain for its sitting style. If I sitting position was comfortable enough, I would have asked my wife to gift it for my birthday

Also tested Unicorn.

My test drives didn't reveal me anything ..... hehehe since I dont have much of bike experience.

I still need to visit Yamaha, also need to drive RTR which is a strong contender. Only after that I will decide.

I am disappointed with CBR 250. Even if it was way far from my budget, I would have gone for it. The step back was for sitting style.
Old 2nd January 2012, 13:03   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...also need to drive RTR which is a strong contender. Only after that I will decide.
I am disappointed with CBR 250. Even if it was way far from my budget, I would have gone for it. The step back was for sitting style.
The seating on the RTR is also somewhat similar and for some people it feels more aggressive!! Ride it for at least 5-7kms and even in some heavy traffic to get to know how you feel on the bike. Same for CBR250. Initially, you will feel wrist and low back pains but once you clock a few 100 kms, you will get used to the riding position and it wont hurt later on.

Surprised that you did not get avenger for test ride. Which showroom did you go to?

Also how was the Unicorn test ride? Did you try the Dazzler too?
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:48   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The guy didn't give Avenger for test drive.
Liked Pulsar on look wise. The showroom guy looked too khadoos
Test rides on Avenger etc may not be possible. And yes I fail to understand the attitude of the sales guys who sound obnoxious to customer queries.

Quote:

Then visited Honda. CBR 250 had caught my attention. It was too short a drive and I couldn't zoom beyond 50 kmph. What I felt it,, I may get a back pain for its sitting style. If I sitting position was comfortable enough, I would have asked my wife to gift it for my birthday

Dude do decide on the lack of seating comfort with such a short ride. Even I felt the same when I mounted the CBR250R - it requires a little bit of getting used to and "crouching tiger" posture. You will love it for it seatings as well.

Go for more TR's on the CBR, from different showrooms - You will definitely ask your wife to gift it for you.
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 23:30   #57
BHPian

Quote:
My colleague says his Avenger (older one, not 220 cc) is low on mileage, around 30 kmpl. And he has it since quite a few years. Will 220 cc go below 30 ?
My 200 cc Avenger gives around 35 km/L even after 50,000 km. My guess is that a well maintained 220 should not go below 30.
highway_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:24   #58

Quote:
The seating on the RTR is also somewhat similar and for some people it feels more aggressive!! Ride it for at least 5-7kms and even in some heavy traffic to get to know how you feel on the bike. Same for CBR250. Initially, you will feel wrist and low back pains but once you clock a few 100 kms, you will get used to the riding position and it wont hurt later on.

Surprised that you did not get avenger for test ride. Which showroom did you go to?

Also how was the Unicorn test ride? Did you try the Dazzler too?
Since I don't have much experience, right now, didn't want to take that risk with CBR. But I felt good when I raised it for few meters, it sounded like hell.

I visited the Bajaj showroom on Rajkumar road. The guy was least bothered to talk to me. No value for a bike customer ?

Unicorn drive very good, but didn't feel anything special. Some feel good factor was missing, which I found it just after sitting on CBR

Damn, I missed Dazzler. Just today when was coming to office I noticed Dazzler. It looks good.
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:26   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway_star View Post
My 200 cc Avenger gives around 35 km/L even after 50,000 km. My guess is that a well maintained 220 should not go below 30.
I seriously was to test drive it, only then will be able decide.

Quote:
Test rides on Avenger etc may not be possible. And yes I fail to understand the attitude of the sales guys who sound obnoxious to customer queries.

Dude do decide on the lack of seating comfort with such a short ride. Even I felt the same when I mounted the CBR250R - it requires a little bit of getting used to and "crouching tiger" posture. You will love it for it seatings as well.

Go for more TR's on the CBR, from different showrooms - You will definitely ask your wife to gift it for you.
May be you are right, I need to get a hang of it. A short drive should not be the deciding factor.
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:40   #60
BHPian

I was also looking for a bike for city travel. Now i use my cars only for most of the time and sometimes Dio. I was riding CBZ for 6 years during my school and college days. Still i prefer to use a bike only in city traffic instead of cars.

I personally feel RTR 180 is a good option. It is around 83K in Bangalore. If you are more interested in experiencing biking in a new dimension then choose RTR 180 with ABS, it should be somewhere around 94K. Also i came across to see the new Hunk with all those new goodies like Rear Disk and digital console, looked good to me. As far as Hunk is concerned, it is a very good handler , good for city traffic and nice and smooth engine.If you are interested in basic travelling around the city please try out the SZ series of Yamaha. Many people appreciate these bikes. Do not know much about it.

Why is CBR being discussed. I think it should be more than 1.5L on road. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited by rki2007 : 3rd January 2012 at 09:43.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote