Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 3rd January 2012, 11:18   #61

Default Re: Which bike for 90K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I was also looking for a bike for city travel. Now i use my cars only for most of the time and sometimes Dio.
===============
Why is CBR being discussed. I think it should be more than 1.5L on road. Please correct me if i am wrong.
I kind of have a crush on CBR. Its out of my current budget, but I may still jump upon it
avinfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:42   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinfine View Post
I kind of have a crush on CBR. Its out of my current budget, but I may still jump upon it
Good that you have started liking the CBR to start off with. Now pester the dealership and get some good test ride. Go to different dealers and one of them will surely offer a test ride for a few kms at least. And finally, if you like the CBR, wait for sometime, build up your budget and pick it up rather than picking up something that you are not totally happy with!
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:12   #63
BHPian

Quote:
There is always a war between the heart and mind. Just keep going on as per your desire. After all we have one life to live.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 20:21   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Avin! Go JUMP! -- Into the Ceeber bandwagon! You will not regret! I would have if I had not set my mind n heart on the Duke!
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 21:45   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Test rides on Avenger etc may not be possible. And yes I fail to understand the attitude of the sales guys who sound obnoxious to customer queries.
I got to test drive an Avenger at Popular Bajaj on Bannerghatta road on Monday(Near Sagar hospital)
Any first hand information on mileage of Avenger 220cc ?
Also Avenger 220 doesnt have a kick option to start. If batteries dies, you have to push :(
How reliable is the battery for Avenger?

Last edited by sriturl : 4th January 2012 at 21:50.
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 09:45   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
I got to test drive an Avenger at Popular Bajaj on Bannerghatta road on Monday(Near Sagar hospital)
Any first hand information on mileage of Avenger 220cc ?
Also Avenger 220 doesnt have a kick option to start. If batteries dies, you have to push :(
How reliable is the battery for Avenger?
Very reliable if you drive a bit daily. Never had an issue with battery for last 5 years and replaced just once an year ago.

For comparison; my one year old Twister's battery went kaput within an year!
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2012, 14:47   #67
BHPian

@ avinfine Just curious to know what happened, did you buy the bike?
quakerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2012, 16:04   #68
BHPian

WOW! This topic was discussed for 5 long pages?
Wasn't the P220 F the obvious choice (for a 90k budget i.e.)?

@Avinfine Dude I really hope you have made up your mind by now. If not, I suggest that you should wait another week and then take a call on whether you can live without the KTM Duke 200 'after' having a good look / test-ride on it.
antz.bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2012, 16:52   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post

@Avinfine Dude I really hope you have made up your mind by now. If not, I suggest that you should wait another week and then take a call on whether you can live without the KTM Duke 200 'after' having a good look / test-ride on it.
Are you suggesting that the KTM 200 is disappointing? I havent seen one yet, but i read some nice reports on the bike. One of my friends is very keen to see the bike and we should be visiting the showroom this weekend for a test.
I personally dont like the stance very much. Its more cross country than naked sports. But reviews are good, so will check it out.
stormsearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2012, 22:02   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormsearcher View Post
Are you suggesting that the KTM 200 is disappointing? I havent seen one yet, but i read some nice reports on the bike. One of my friends is very keen to see the bike and we should be visiting the showroom this weekend for a test.
I personally dont like the stance very much. Its more cross country than naked sports. But reviews are good, so will check it out.
I was certainly not suggesting that the KTM Duke 200 would be disappointing. On the contrary I think it is a pretty damn good bike if the reviews are anything to go by. The only way it will probably be disappointing is that it won't fit his original budget of 90k.

I only meant that since he has waited this long, he might as well wait another week and then decide whether he wants to stick to his 90k budget or raise his budget to include the Duke. If and when he has a good look at the Duke then he will be able to decide himself whether it is worth it. It is his own money after all.
antz.bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 10:19   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I was certainly not suggesting that the KTM Duke 200 would be disappointing. On the contrary I think it is a pretty damn good bike if the reviews are anything to go by. The only way it will probably be disappointing is that it won't fit his original budget of 90k.

I only meant that since he has waited this long, he might as well wait another week and then decide whether he wants to stick to his 90k budget or raise his budget to include the Duke. If and when he has a good look at the Duke then he will be able to decide himself whether it is worth it. It is his own money after all.
Yeah, i feel it will be a good machine too. I dont appreciate the looks too much, but at 1.3 l for a 200cc, 27 bhp bike, i think its slotted really well. Only wish it was a twin instead of a single.
Bajaj have already changed the Planet Bajaj Branding on its store (100ft road, indiranagar) to KTM. Bright and orange. The 350 from KTM will be the one to look out for. But i heard it would be priced at 2.2 L.
Old 18th January 2012, 12:38   #72
BHPian

if you consider the "cruiser" factor the only option with the said budget is Avenger. TB is an option unless you are ok with oil leakage and frequent visit to service centre.
quakerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 13:11   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerme View Post
if you consider the "cruiser" factor the only option with the said budget is Avenger. TB is an option unless you are ok with oil leakage and frequent visit to service centre.
TB has oil leak? 3 of my friends have the new gens bulls, C500 x2 and a c350; have done 12k, 3k, 7k respectively and all are happy . Never ever seen oil issues that you talk about.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 13:30   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas

TB has oil leak? 3 of my friends have the new gens bulls, C500 x2 and a c350; have done 12k, 3k, 7k respectively and all are happy . Never ever seen oil issues that you talk about.
Well I think re oil leaks are not only legend but expected too. The classic 500 I referred to had problems from day one. Petrol leak right out of the showroom. Followed by a host of other issues. He has done close to 17K kms now and every once in a while something crops up but my friend is not new to bullets so he doesn't mind it. But problem free it is not.
It's good fun though. very punchy engine.
Point is, if you are willing to forgive it for its inconsistency and some other annoying bits, then by all means go for it. It's like owning an Rd or a Yezdi or such old timers. They are not perfect and terrible compared to the modern bikes, but they have a charm of their own.

Last edited by stormsearcher : 18th January 2012 at 13:35.
Old 30th January 2012, 09:18   #75

Sorry Guys, actually wanted to updated this thread, but could not login for some time. Here is the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerme View Post
@ avinfine Just curious to know what happened, did you buy the bike?
I haven't yet. Incurred some important non-avoidable expenses, so have postponed the purchase for a month. But I have decided on Honda CBR 250 (almost 95%)

Quote:

Even I liked Pulsar, but don't know why I was looking at other attractive options. And the budget part, I forgot when I saw CBR.

Yeah, got to know KTM Duke 200 was launched and the price is 1.17 lacs. Need to have a look at it in showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormsearcher View Post
I too have same opinion.
avinfine is offline   Reply With Quote