Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2012, 17:59   #76
BHPian
 
akshayasok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MCR,GVA,TVM,BGR
Posts: 44
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Which bike for 90K?

I think you can add the New Pulsar 200N to the list as well
akshayasok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 18:27   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,556
Thanked: 817 Times
Default Re: Which bike for 90K?

Was keeping a close eye on this thread. I was also toying with the idea of replacing my 2005 Pulsar with something. Since I love it to bits, I dont want to part with it, and hence did not want to spend anything about 1L on getting a stablemate for it, whenever I do it.
I was considering the Avenger 220, because it would be different in character my existing bike. Also, the electric blue color sorta made me tilt in the Avenger's favour.
Buttttt... Bajaj had to come and confuse me again, with the launch of the 200NS.

PS : What is the current OTR price of the Avenger 220 in Pune ?
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2012, 09:16   #78
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Which bike for 90K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayasok View Post
I think you can add the New Pulsar 200N to the list as well
Just read the new thread on new P200NS. Now I have a crush on this too
But the official website is just refusing to unveil.

The head lamps looks similar to Yamaha FZ-S, right? Anybody knows when will it be available to zoom on it?
avinfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2012, 14:17   #79
BHPian
 
quakerme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 109
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Which bike for 90K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Was keeping a close eye on this thread. I was also toying with the idea of replacing my 2005 Pulsar with something. Since I love it to bits, I dont want to part with it, and hence did not want to spend anything about 1L on getting a stablemate for it, whenever I do it.
I was considering the Avenger 220, because it would be different in character my existing bike. Also, the electric blue color sorta made me tilt in the Avenger's favour.
Buttttt... Bajaj had to come and confuse me again, with the launch of the 200NS.

PS : What is the current OTR price of the Avenger 220 in Pune ?
I was also checking out options to replace my Unicorn, since i was considering a cruiser my list has narrowed down to Avenger and TB, unicorn never needed any attention nor pampering all these years so I would expect the same from the next bike. Kind of convinced with Avenger 220 in that area.
quakerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2012, 10:34   #80
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Which bike for 90K?

I am split between 2 bikes now. It has to be either one of these.
Royal Enfield Thunder Bird 3500cc, Royal Enfield Desert Storm or CBR 250R.

Its no more about price, I want the best.

Had a look at Desert storm and I kept looking at it. I like Thunder bird too. Which one is good ? I really dont know. The only pain is the waiting period in these bikes.

The pain in CBR250R is the parts issue, have read a lot in team-bhp.

Thunder Bird saves me around Rs 40K.
What do I do?
avinfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2012, 12:56   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
neoonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,652
Thanked: 599 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo
Was keeping a close eye on this thread. I was also toying with the idea of replacing my 2005 Pulsar with something. Since I love it to bits, I dont want to part with it, and hence did not want to spend anything about 1L on getting a stablemate for it, whenever I do it.
I was considering the Avenger 220, because it would be different in character my existing bike. Also, the electric blue color sorta made me tilt in the Avenger's favour.
Buttttt... Bajaj had to come and confuse me again, with the launch of the 200NS.

PS : What is the current OTR price of the Avenger 220 in Pune ?
Its 82k on road in Pune.. Got a 6 months old Avy 220CC for 69k this week Loving the ride.. a bit harsh on bad roads.. but awesome on highway to HJ.. getting arnd 43 kmpl as of now
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 13:32   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default Re: Which bike for 90K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinfine View Post
Royal Enfield Thunder Bird 3500cc, Royal Enfield Desert Storm or CBR 250R.
First option would be best!! Just kidding! I know you meant 350cc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinfine View Post
Its no more about price, I want the best. The pain in CBR250R is the parts issue, have read a lot in team-bhp.
Since it is no more about the price, go with the CBR. The parts issue are being resolved so you will not have to face any pain in that area. Also the new batch of bikes are having better quality parts in the places which the initial lot of bikes suffered from. So you are benefiting there too.
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 14:30   #83
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: |
Posts: 582
Thanked: 215 Times
Default Re: Which bike for 90K?

I crashed into this thread thinking that it will solve my woes , i am going through these days but end up having more woes than before.

to put it simply, I am on a pendulum , Swirling between a CL 350 to CBR 250 to Bajaj pulsar 150 and than throw Yamaha in between as well.

Has booked a TD of CL 350 this Wednesday with dealer. Let us see where i go as i have Similar budget and requirements as OP. Only thing is that i am just 5.7 ". Not sure if i will be able to handle the bull or not.
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 10:38   #84
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Which bike for 90K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
First option would be best!! Just kidding! I know you meant 350cc.

Since it is no more about the price, go with the CBR. The parts issue are being resolved so you will not have to face any pain in that area. Also the new batch of bikes are having better quality parts in the places which the initial lot of bikes suffered from. So you are benefiting there too.
Yeah, I meant 350cc

Anybody has any thoughts of Desert Storm over CBR250R? or the vice versa?
And the waiting period is pushing me more towards CBR.
avinfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 10:43   #85
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,556
Thanked: 817 Times
Default Re: Which bike for 90K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Its 82k on road in Pune.. Got a 6 months old Avy 220CC for 69k this week Loving the ride.. a bit harsh on bad roads.. but awesome on highway to HJ.. getting arnd 43 kmpl as of now
Hey congrats sirji !! 69k sounds like a steal! How many KMs did it have on it when you bought it ?

Also, which colour? Please post some pics as well..! Any riding impressions ?
How is the handling in traffic, medium and heavy ? I like the way my Pulsar goes over bad roads, without killing my spine in the process. So the harsh ride sounds a bit disappointing.

Also, may I ask why the first owner sold it within just 6 months ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Only thing is that i am just 5.7 ". Not sure if i will be able to handle the bull or not.
Dont worry sir.. I have seen people with similar or more diminutive build than yours using the newer Bullets just fine. I am almost 5'7 too, though have never ridden a bullet.

Last edited by sajo : 28th February 2012 at 10:44.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 10:53   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
neoonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,652
Thanked: 599 Times
Default Re: Which bike for 90K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Hey congrats sirji !! 69k sounds like a steal! How many KMs did it have on it when you bought it ?

Also, which colour? Please post some pics as well..! Any riding impressions ?
How is the handling in traffic, medium and heavy ? I like the way my Pulsar goes over bad roads, without killing my spine in the process. So the harsh ride sounds a bit disappointing.

Also, may I ask why the first owner sold it within just 6 months ?
1. The bike had 5800KM in 6 months. A bit on the higher side but then the bike is immaculately maintained. My mechanic checked it, I went through the service records etc. There is one free servicing due in Apr.
2. Its a black Avy
3. The ride is harsh on bad roads but its awesome on smooth roads. You can adjust the suspension a bit to ease on the harshness but its limited. I would not recommend it if you travel on bad roads. Pillion seat is kind of useless if the person is hefty. On highways its a breeze. The pick up is awesome and it just begs for more. Cruising at 90 is what I would recommend for a comfortable and economical ride. Its NOT a racing bike, so should be enjoyed for its comfort ride than its cornering abilities.
4. The owner bought it mainly for weekend rides but then he recently became a father of a lil girl so travelling on Avy was out of question for him. He has upgraded to Ritz diesel instead. His daily running was around 40KMs on this Avenger.
5. I have started liking the bike for what it is. I DO not try to race with anybody and feel like god cruising at comfortable 60 in city and 80 on highway. The best braking mechanism as per me on this bike is to first make use of engine braking then gradual front and rear brakes. The front brake SHOULD NOT be used abruptly otherwise the next moment you would find yourself on road. Of course, its been only a week since I have started riding it, may be other Avy owners can comment on it.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 11:00   #87
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,556
Thanked: 817 Times
Default Re: Which bike for 90K?

Aahh..thanks for the detailed reply neoonwheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
The best braking mechanism as per me on this bike is to first make use of engine braking then gradual front and rear brakes. The front brake SHOULD NOT be used abruptly otherwise the next moment you would find yourself on road. Of course, its been only a week since I have started riding it, may be other Avy owners can comment on it.
On my bike, I use the front disc much more extensively than I use the rear drum. And infact, in panic braking situations , its been a life saver. When you get the hang of it, you will dislike anything else!
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 11:08   #88
Senior - BHPian
 
neoonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,652
Thanked: 599 Times
Default Re: Which bike for 90K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Aahh..thanks for the detailed reply neoonwheels!



On my bike, I use the front disc much more extensively than I use the rear drum. And infact, in panic braking situations , its been a life saver. When you get the hang of it, you will dislike anything else!
Avenger has a cruiser build, so its front tire fork has a different angle as compared to Pulsar. This makes it difficult to use the front disc brake abruptly. You should use if wisely enough.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2012, 18:50   #89
BHPian
 
SJD@NewDelhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 167
Thanked: 203 Times
Unhappy Re: Which bike for 90K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinfine View Post
I am split between 2 bikes now. It has to be either one of these.
Royal Enfield Thunder Bird 3500cc, Royal Enfield Desert Storm or CBR 250R.

Its no more about price, I want the best.

Had a look at Desert storm and I kept looking at it. I like Thunder bird too. Which one is good ? I really dont know. The only pain is the waiting period in these bikes.

The pain in CBR250R is the parts issue, have read a lot in team-bhp.

Thunder Bird saves me around Rs 40K.
What do I do?
Wassup, Avi?? From a 90k daily usage bike, you had swung to a Ceeber and TB and now this thread has been dead for around 5 months. Do update us as to which bike you had finally gone for and if not asking much, an ownership review too

Cheerz!
SJD.
SJD@NewDelhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Indica DLG Turbo - Almost 90k km up greenhorn Long-Term Ownership Reviews 376 5th November 2017 15:38
Lancer Rear Suspension work @90k lancer_rit Technical Stuff 38 25th October 2016 16:25
Mitsubishi Lancer SFXi 90K kms / 9 years ownership report. Now SOLD! Vid6639 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 188 8th March 2010 15:33
90k kms of the Fiat Uno Harrie Long-Term Ownership Reviews 15 11th February 2006 12:13
Lancer slashes prices by 90K Surprise The Indian Car Scene 45 7th November 2005 11:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks