Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 1st November 2012, 12:01   #196
BHPian

Default Re: Royal Enfield TBTS 500 unveiled EDIT Now Launched

Woah, 3 months waiting time only? Its good to hear about the all day cruisability at 100+kph. If it remains as comfortable to me as TB350, I just might upgrade from sharing wifey's Avenger 220.
trakesht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 15:29   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
Any idea when the "deliveries" are going to start for TBTS 350 and 500? I searched in multiple forums, did not get any clear answer! Some say, by Diwali, some say it might being in December or Jan next year!! Any idea guys?
Dellivery Update.

Got a call from my Dealership ( Asco Motors , Patparganj New Delhi).As per them the truck is expected in Delhi by the end of this week & I will be getting the delivery of my Thunderbird 500 on November 6. Keeping my fingers crossed and making room in the garage for the Royal Thumper.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 16:18   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - I went to the Bullet showroom in Pimpri Pune last week. I was thrilled to see the black / chrome beauty, priced at 1.77. Yesterday, I saw my dear friend's 1986 Bullet completely restored with love and care to absolutely brand new showroom condition for less than half the price. Now, reading your comments on third gear sticking / reliability issues in this thread, I wonder what to do, buy a new one or buy and restore.

Bullet is something I don't need, but I want!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 17:37   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Dellivery Update.

Got a call from my Dealership ( Asco Motors , Patparganj New Delhi).As per them the truck is expected in Delhi by the end of this week & I will be getting the delivery of my Thunderbird 500 on November 6. Keeping my fingers crossed and making room in the garage for the Royal Thumper.
Lucky you, mate! Post your first impressions and a Review of the bike, after you get the delivery and when you get a chance to get down from the bike
bond_bhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 07:40   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Dellivery Update.

You lucky one!! Congratulations and please keep us updated on your first hand experiences.
When did you make your booking? I made mine on 12-Oct and dealer (RE, JayaNagar) has no clue yet when I spoke to him earlier this week.
ventoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 22:59   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

"Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black." Henry Ford.

You can opt between 3 shades of black for Thunderbird 500!
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 09:21   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I made mine on 12-Oct and dealer (RE, JayaNagar) has no clue yet when I spoke to him earlier this week.
Same here I booked at RE Jayanagar B'lore on 13-Oct. The dealer is even unable to give me the waiting list number. Every time one calls the dealer the standard reply is " Sir, the system is slow, hanging or affected by virus - please leave your number will call you back", which off course is just an empty promise which never happens. I am tempted to donate my old PC to RE !! On one hand RE is very active on the social network, yet unable to afford a computer for the brand showroom at Bangalore !!!!
adnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 09:40   #203
Senior - BHPian

Frankly I am disappointed by the new TBTS 500. Having owned the original 500 for many years, it seems they have still to iron out the rough edges completely. Bullet is something most of us don't need but end up buying due to its cult status, as did I. But sadly after driving it for a few years got fed up with its crudeness and eventually gave up.

Nothing much seems changed, except the waiting period which speaks otherwise.
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 09:50   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Frankly I am disappointed by the new TBTS 500. Having owned the original 500 for many years, it seems they have still to iron out the rough edges completely. Bullet is something most of us don't need but end up buying due to its cult status, as did I. But sadly after driving it for a few years got fed up with its crudeness and eventually gave up.

Nothing much seems changed, except the waiting period which speaks otherwise.
The new Thunderbird doen't have much Bullet in it with its use of plastic, modern styling and gauges, and the exhaust note. This I believe is a good things because the Bullet was never meant to look like a cruiser. The Bullet should look and feel like a classic British motorcycle. Now the Thunderbird and the Bullet(Std/Classic/Electra) are distinct and once can have both of these motorcycles if he/she wishes too without them feeling like the same motorcycle underneath.
Blazkowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 12:44   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
Now the Thunderbird and the Bullet(Std/Classic/Electra) are distinct and once can have both of these motorcycles if he/she wishes too without them feeling like the same motorcycle underneath.
Couldn't agree more.. The TB has always been the "difference' for RE to move ahead with times. Right from differentiating and experimenting (and IMO successfully) with AVL, then UCE and Twinspark technologies. This time around too, The TB is the first to get new gadgetries and LEDs - a first for RE.
sam_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 13:10   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
Every time one calls the dealer the standard reply is " Sir, the system is slow, hanging or affected by virus - please leave your number will call you back", which off course is just an empty promise which never happens.
Was surprised to receive a call an hour back with the waiting list number. Unless it is a coincidence, someone from RE is reading these posts.
Old 3rd November 2012, 15:40   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps

Was surprised to receive a call an hour back with the waiting list number. Unless it is a coincidence, someone from RE is reading these posts.
That's nice. Did you get a tentative delivery date? I'm planning to visit them on Monday morning.
ventoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 15:45   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman

That's nice. Did you get a tentative delivery date? I'm planning to visit them on Monday morning.
No delivery commitments. Deliveries are expected to commence by Nov but no firm commitments from RE.
Old 3rd November 2012, 18:52   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - I went to the Bullet showroom in Pimpri Pune last week. I was thrilled to see the black / chrome beauty, priced at 1.77. Yesterday, I saw my dear friend's 1986 Bullet completely restored with love and care to absolutely brand new showroom condition for less than half the price. Now, reading your comments on third gear sticking / reliability issues in this thread, I wonder what to do, buy a new one or buy and restore.

Bullet is something I don't need, but I want!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir,If i were in your place,i would have got the new one.
If you are not the one who craves for the slow revving CI engine running on CB points and a Heavy crank,go for the new TB500.
I would recommend you a CL500 chrome,would suit you.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 19:09   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
You lucky one!! Congratulations and please keep us updated on your first hand experiences.
When did you make your booking? I made mine on 12-Oct and dealer (RE, JayaNagar) has no clue yet when I spoke to him earlier this week.
Latest update from RE. truck involved in an accident. Delivery delayed by a week. I made my booking on Oct 13. hope they do not delay it further. want this machine before Diwali.

Last edited by rajneeesh : 3rd November 2012 at 19:14.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote