Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 12th April 2013, 14:05   #286
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Re: Royal Enfield TBTS 500 Unveiled. EDIT: Now Launched !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Perhaps, even the gods and goddesses may not know when I would get my Thunderbird!
I received emails from Royal Enfield assuring me of my Thunderbird 500 by 20 April 2013. I paid the balance amount today by way of demand draft and furnished my passport photographs [5] and other documents. I am told to come and inspect my bike on 16 April 2013 [Tuesday]. They will take 3 more days for registration and delivery.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 18:45   #287
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Some help requested for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
Hi guys,

Writing in for some much needed help. I am 34, salaried guy, planning to get into the world of RE, doing leisure biking on the weekends. I have never rode a bullet before, The key decision criteria for me this time around are: Stylish looks of the bike and comfort.

I am thoroughly confused over Tbird 500 and Classic Desert Storm/ electric Blue. They are all 500 Cc but I am unable to decide on which one ' looks' more stylish, more attractive. I guess it has to be between these three bikes. Can someone guide me on how to go about deciding? What parameters?

I have never driven a bullet, I am 5-7', and 70 kgs weight. people tell me controlling a heavy bike for a lean man is difficult. Please advise on this front too, anyone?

Most thankful to all for their inputs.

Cheers

Rahul
Rahul,

Sorry for being a bit late. I am 5 -6' and weigh 62kg. One of the reasons I chose the TB 500 was the lower saddle height . RIding the bike is not an issue at all. The only issue is that I have not got used to getting the bike on the main stand. I have got used to this as the TB 500 has a decent side stand. Yeah pulling the bike out of mud or sand does require some effort ( if you have parked it on a road side on kuccha surface) Go ahead and get a thumper without any second thoughts.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 22:08   #288
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I am told to come and inspect my bike on 16 April 2013 [Tuesday]. They will take 3 more days for registration and delivery.
Royal Enfield Brand Store, Chennai, acted swiftly and delivered my TB500 today. I got a call today morning to come to Mandaiveli RTO to inspect my bike and sign the RTO forms so as to complete the formalities, which I did. Today evening, my TB500 was delivered to me after 5 months of waiting. Here are some photographs of my TB500:

Royal Enfield TBTS 500 Unveiled. EDIT: Now Launched !!!-dsc09296.jpg

Royal Enfield TBTS 500 Unveiled. EDIT: Now Launched !!!-vin.jpg

Royal Enfield TBTS 500 Unveiled. EDIT: Now Launched !!!-dsc09321.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 15th April 2013 at 22:10.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 19:14   #289
BHPian

I had captured the time this evening that i was waiting for quiet a long time. I visited the RE showroom in Jayanagar, Bangalore to test ride TBTS 500 and classic 350. First i tested the TBTS 500, boy oh boy , its simply like a roaring lion. I really congratulate those who have acquired this heavy machine. Its just fantabulous. Later i also got a chance to ride the Classic 350 which was also a great bike. Absolutely fantastic is what i would say.

I am in need of a bike and i had zeroed on the RE TBTS 350/ Classic 350 initially but was slightly pessimistic about the niggles and service related issues. Then moved on to check the Pulsar NS which did tick all the requirements that i had. In fact i had almost settled down with NS due to the great price factor and also immediate availability.

I was very curious to test drive the NS too, so right immediately after i did with the heavy RE bulls i visited the Popular motors, Bannerghatta road and checked the Pulsar NS. It is really a fantastic bike, a great looker and good seating comfort too. But i was really disappointed after getting to ride the bike. I think i over estimated the bike or i was so enthu about the RE bulls that i never noticed anything special about NS or what? Still i am very confused about the NS. I didn't find any wow!! factor in the bike. Even in the third and fourth gear also there seems to be no power in the bike.

Anyways i think i have made up my mind to settle down either with Classic 350/ TBTS 350 . I think more of TBTS 350 is in my mind and most probably that should decorate my garage soon is what i have predicted. Lets see how things go!!!! .

Also can anyone tell me is there any possibility of getting the bike earlier than the estimated waiting period. The dealer says it is somewhere close to 8-10 months. Its sheer stupidity by RE. I don't understand for what reason the customers are made to wait so long.Also please suggest me the best dealer in Bangalore. I don't mind even travelling to the other parts of Bangalore to get the bike from other dealers.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by rki2007 : 18th May 2013 at 19:18.
rki2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 19:27   #290
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I was very curious to test drive the NS too, so right immediately after i did with the heavy RE bulls i visited the Popular motors, Bannerghatta road and checked the Pulsar NS. It is really a fantastic bike, a great looker and good seating comfort too. But i was really disappointed after getting to ride the bike. I think i over estimated the bike or i was so enthu about the RE bulls that i never noticed anything special about NS or what? Still i am very confused about the NS. I didn't find any wow!! factor in the bike. Even in the third and fourth gear also there seems to be no power in the bike.

Anyways i think i have made up my mind to settle down either with Classic 350/ TBTS 350 . I think more of TBTS 350 is in my mind and most probably that should decorate my garage soon is what i have predicted. Lets see how things go!!!! .

Also can anyone tell me is there any possibility of getting the bike earlier than the estimated waiting period. Thanks in advance
Two different technologies, two different applications and purpose and basically two different ways to ride them. A Bullet has immense torque low down hence they feel very peppy and powerful, a 4 valve Pulsar 200 has great power but much higher up the rev. Post 6000rpm the Pulsar is a rocket, a Bullet is simply no match for the sheer acceleration then.
Timings 0-100 as per popular magazines. TB500 0-100 between 11-13 secs, Pulsar 200 0-100 between 9-10 secs.
The way to judge a NS200 is to whack open the throttle in each gear, the power starts coming in post 6000rpm where in the TB500 redlines at that in 1-4 gears.
If you want a long legged cruiser, dont look beyond the TB or the classics, if you need a very peppy small sportsbike please consider the Pulsar or a Duke.
Waiting period is the sad truth all RE enthusiasts have to undergo. Seems like a trial by fire before you own the Bullet
apachelongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 11:33   #291
BHPian

Is the delivery period same across all the dealers in Bangalore or is there any possibility that some dealers may deliver the bike soon to attract customers .
rki2007 is online now   Reply With Quote