Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 10th January 2012, 12:27   #16
BHPian

Default Re: R-One-Five v2.0 gets me back to two wheels

Mmmmm.... Yamaha Fan (choosing bug eyes reveals how much you biased to Yams)
My rides been RX100, than YBX (not good choice as for others considering that CBZ was there too but YAM is YAM. Never regretted and disappointed). Finally, 9 years ago got my soul stolen by RD350 and it is still with RD. Next upgrade will be a 250 if it comes.

Many many congratulations to you my friend once again from another Yam Fan.
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 12:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

The rear three-quarters view is the best pic of this bike Abhishek. Thanks for sharing. As you correctly said,the pillion seat looks awkward and must be quite uncomfotable to sit on as well. They should have covered it with a cowl or something.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 12:59   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
The rear three-quarters view is the best pic of this bike Abhishek. Thanks for sharing. As you correctly said,the pillion seat looks awkward and must be quite uncomfotable to sit on as well. They should have covered it with a cowl or something.
That's why the ad says 'Arive alone'

Congratulations Abhishek! hoping to see more pics of the bike, this time on a track doing what she does best.
arrpiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 14:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Mmmmm.... Yamaha Fan (choosing bug eyes reveals how much you biased to Yams)
My rides been RX100, than YBX (not good choice as for others considering that CBZ was there too but YAM is YAM. Never regretted and disappointed). Finally, 9 years ago got my soul stolen by RD350 and it is still with RD. Next upgrade will be a 250 if it comes.

Many many congratulations to you my friend once again from another Yam Fan.
RD350 will always remain a dream to many bikers in India. Envy your possession.

Thanks for the wishes.

The dealer whom I bought the bike from vouches for a 250 on the lines of Fazer although, as per me, what can steal the show is a R25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Glad you liked the pics. Thanks for the wishes Yes, I strongly believe that this is a single seater bike which I have no complains about though ! Like in my car I have never sat in the back seat, I wish I never have to climb up to sit in that rear seat. People who sat with me were so apprehensive to sit but once there, they were kinda enjoying it because of the pillion also getting the real wind on the face feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrpiem View Post
That's why the ad says 'Arive alone'

Congratulations Abhishek! hoping to see more pics of the bike, this time on a track doing what she does best.
Hahaha, now I know what they meant by it Thanks for the wishes. Not soon, but sometime later I definitely wish to hit the track for a practice round.
abhisheksircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 18:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
PS: Is there a way to shorten that rear mudguard which covers almost half the rear wheel and looks a little out of place on the otherwise stunner of a bike ?
Guess this is what you were looking for and frankly I have no clue how they achieved this. May be a race specific addition or rather removal !
Attached Thumbnails
R-One-Five v2.0 gets me back to two wheels (Yamaha R15)-r15_v2.0.jpg  

abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 23:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yes, this is exactly what i had in mind. Looks like its a different one used on these bikes, certainly not done by cutting.
shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 01:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats abhishek ,
I absolutely love and adore the V 2.0 in this shade, looks brilliant and the rear portion is lively to look from behind. Am sure you would be having one helluva time with the machine.

CBR250R does have some issues and niggles which need to be sorted out whereas the R15 exudes quality everywhere.
Ride safe.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 10:06   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, this is exactly what i had in mind. Looks like its a different one used on these bikes, certainly not done by cutting.
I agree. Fit for the race tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats abhishek ,
I absolutely love and adore the V 2.0 in this shade, looks brilliant and the rear portion is lively to look from behind. Am sure you would be having one helluva time with the machine.

CBR250R does have some issues and niggles which need to be sorted out whereas the R15 exudes quality everywhere.
Ride safe.
Thanks man. I sure am enjoying the ride although the urge to cross 5K RPM is really killing me. I am planning some short trips over the weekends to see the other side of 1000 kms soon.

I agree that the quality of the bike is right there. Be it the gear shift, engine, the sticky texture of the seat, switch and everything else. CBR 250R was also close to the buy list although the instances of issues reported in forums here and there made me think again. That said, I heard from friends who own the bike that most of the issues are now sorted and the spare parts do not have that long a wait. But even then, I would have gone for the R15 due to my trust with the Yamaha brand. Never failed me till date. Moreover, this has a lot of the R series genes in it although CBR does not have anything of the CBR series in it, it's more on the VFR resulting in the handling of R15 better than the CBR 250R. What CBR 250R would still excel in is being a great touring bike.
Old 11th January 2012, 12:00   #24
BHPian

Quote:
PS: Is there a way to shorten that rear mudguard which covers almost half the rear wheel and looks a little out of place on the otherwise stunner of a bike ?
I remember Autocar having reviewed the R15 v2.0 in their November Issue and they had instructions on how to shorten the rear Mudguard - As far as I remember it was heating a knife and slicing through the joint and the result was pretty neat.
animeshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 12:59   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeshb View Post
I remember Autocar having reviewed the R15 v2.0 in their November Issue and they had instructions on how to shorten the rear Mudguard - As far as I remember it was heating a knife and slicing through the joint and the result was pretty neat.
It can be either removable (not observed it close if it can be) else cutting.

I remember my friends Unicorns front mudguard got crack due to a vehicle reversing onto him.

Used motorized cutter and grinder to give it a complete showroom finish with in 30 minutes. Noone can make a difference unles compare it side by side. It got shorter by an inch I guess.

Heated knife will give a blunt and uneven surface/edge.
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 13:58   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the bike! I too would have got it if there wasnt a waiting period. Had to start (restart) biking asap and hence bought a RTR 180 ABS 2 days ago. I hope to do first service by next Tuesday
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 14:47   #27
BHPian

Wow, those are some creative methods of shortening the mud guard but looking at the uniform design of the mud guards in all the bike, it looks like a production work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats on the bike! I too would have got it if there wasnt a waiting period. Had to start (restart) biking asap and hence bought a RTR 180 ABS 2 days ago. I hope to do first service by next Tuesday
Congratulations on your new buy. Enjoy your ride. RTR 180 is a very good in city ride; very easy to flick it around. First servicing in around 7 days ?? Wow, you sure are riding.
Old 21st January 2012, 15:44   #28
BHPian

Default Re: R-One-Five v2.0 gets me back to two wheels (Yamaha R15)

Congrats Abhishek ! This indeed is a gem of a bike ! A sharp handling machine ! I remember some of my friends went to the Mussoorie mountains with their R15s and CBRs , what they told me is , coming downhill , R15 never gave any chance to CBR to get closer , even if it was a 250 cc bike. It all was due to its handling capabilities.

I also got one in black and i really really miss a 250 cc motor in this machine !
sajid33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2012, 14:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid33 View Post
Congrats Abhishek ! This indeed is a gem of a bike ! A sharp handling machine ! I remember some of my friends went to the Mussoorie mountains with their R15s and CBRs , what they told me is , coming downhill , R15 never gave any chance to CBR to get closer , even if it was a 250 cc bike. It all was due to its handling capabilities.

I also got one in black and i really really miss a 250 cc motor in this machine !
Thank you Sajid. I have not taken a ride of the CBR as the issues reported in most of the places kept me away from it although I have heard that most of the issues are now sorted. Spare still remains a concern though. That said, I am happy to know that the handling supersedes and that's what I bought it for. I knew I was compromising on the riding posture and the pillion comfort but the confidence it imbibes in me while riding it always tells me, "Abhishek, good decision".

Black is another hot color. As a matter of fact, I feel all the 3 colors are winners. 250 cc. Wow, that will be a killer combo. Wish !!
Old 24th January 2012, 07:45   #30
BHPian

Awesome stuff brother! The red and white combination looks great on this bike. I also feel like moving back to the 2 wheeler now. Is this bike comfortable for a tall person? I am 6.3" hence a little worried, will surely go for a test ride soon.
abhjain is online now   Reply With Quote