Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 15th January 2015, 20:27   #76
BHPian

Default Re: R-One-Five v2.0 gets me back to two wheels (Yamaha R15)

Just was reading in xbhp about extended warranty for R15 @777, I have not been told anything of that kind during my discussion in the showroom today, has anyone went for extended warranty? wanted to understand what is actually covered in that? planning to have discussion with the showroom guys tomorrow
Chida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 20:36   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Congrats. You will love it. No doubt. Take extreme good care during the run in period and she will keep you happy.
Thanks Abhishek, just worried about these showroom guys, as they gave a customers bike for a test drive, when I asked for one. Very strange for a bike which is readily available for delivery, they did not even have a bike separately for test drive?

I believe I should be very careful, I think its very important to be around the mechanic during the service routines (but that's some days away) for now need wait to for delivery
Old 17th January 2015, 12:41   #78
BHPian

Question Re: R-One-Five v2.0 gets me back to two wheels (Yamaha R15)

I was told by the showroom guys that I can take delivery of my Bike today (if I want to), Registration would happen by next week and I would get my number by Wednesday and when enquire'd about the insurance documents - they said I can get a insurance document as well.

Can someone confirm

If it is advisable to use a new vehicle with temporary number?
If there is any issue in having a insurance paper without the actual bike registration number on it?

I was told I can get the number into the insurance document during the renewal next year
Old 17th January 2015, 13:21   #79
BHPian

Using the bike with temporary number is not an issue for a week or two. Insurance, have not seen one without the number but I guess the chassis number and other details in the insurance paper should suffice. Not sure though.
abhisheksircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 14:02   #80
BHPian

Unhappy Re: R-One-Five v2.0 gets me back to two wheels (Yamaha R15)

Quote:
Using the bike with temporary number is not an issue for a week or two.
Well yes, they did say that for 3-4 days it would not be a issue driving with temporary number considering I would have other required documents.

Quote:
Insurance, have not seen one without the number but I guess the chassis number and other details in the insurance paper should suffice. Not sure though.

Yes even I have not seen a insurance document without vehicle number in it (they said engine # would be there, so should not be an issue)

I have decided to wait few more days for taking the delivery with all required documents properly.

Waiting is becoming hard now, after paying the money, seeing the bike...
Old 18th January 2015, 21:13   #81
BHPian

Talking Re: R-One-Five v2.0 gets me back to two wheels (Yamaha R15)

I have actually taken delivery of my Bike today, Man I missed the feeling for so long (driving a bike); did some 32kms driving today, I felt very comfortable driving around, got some little pain on my left wrist (expected I guess)

Found some small scratch on right side fairing, promptly pointed it to the showroom guys, they did not have stocks to replace that right away, hence updated the Service manual to change that during the first service, with signature of the showroom owner in the service booklet.

Engine does not feel very smooth - may be I am not driving it the right way? or may be would feel better after first service?? for now keeping it at about 4.5k RPM, about 51km/h is what i did as speed, another 470kms to go before I can do above 5k RPM.

The new MT AXXIS Geo 3 helmet is very tight and I really like the fit; worth the 4k spent on that

btw, sorry for hijacking your thread.
Old 19th January 2015, 13:14   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chida View Post
I have actually taken delivery of my Bike today
Hearty Congratulations !! You will get used to the sitting position soon. Don't put the weight on the wrist and you should be fine. Elbows bent and hold the tank with your knees. There are lots of links available on this.

Please go ahead and post your experience with the bike. There is nothing of hijacking in here
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 13:50   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Don't put the weight on the wrist and you should be fine. Elbows bent and hold the tank with your knees. There are lots of links available on this.
)
I was definitely not bending my elbows, could be the reason for my wrist pain, will search for relevant links. Waiting for office to get over, so that I can drive again
Old 30th January 2015, 09:37   #84
BHPian

Unhappy Re: R-One-Five v2.0 gets me back to two wheels (Yamaha R15)

I am hearing a "click" sound after the bike is stopped completely (read after removing the keys); sound stays for sometime, have not noted for how long.

Is this normal??
Old 30th January 2015, 09:48   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chida View Post
I am hearing a "click" sound after the bike is stopped completely (read after removing the keys); sound stays for sometime, have not noted for how long.

Is this normal??
If it's continuous ticking sound for few minutes even after stopping the bike, nothing to worry, that's sound from various metal parts cooling down. Its common in cars and bikes.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2015, 10:20   #86
BHPian

Quote:
If it's continuous ticking sound for few minutes even after stopping the bike, nothing to worry, that's sound from various metal parts cooling down. Its common in cars and bikes.
Yes, its only after stopping the bike (everytime), good to know that everything is alright.
Old 1st February 2015, 13:59   #87

Question Re: R-One-Five v2.0 gets me back to two wheels (Yamaha R15)

hello again everyone..
need some expert advice ,yet again,
my R15 v2.0's odo reads 720km and i am done with my first service.
after 500km i was beginning to rev it upto 7000rpm and on a low traffic highway i notched a max speed of 102kmph in the 6th gear at around 7000rpm. Is it advisable to do so at this odo reading or should i wait??
please advise.
thank you.
anup89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 06:57   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup89 View Post
hello again everyone..
after 500km i was beginning to rev it upto 7000rpm and on a low traffic highway i notched a max speed of 102kmph in the 6th gear at around 7000rpm. Is it advisable to do so at this odo reading or should i wait??
please advise.
thank you.
thats perfectly ok, engine can take a lot more, just keep it around 7000 rpm till 1000 kms. Enjoy
mehuel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 13:42   #89
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: R-One-Five v2.0 gets me back to two wheels (Yamaha R15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup89 View Post
hello again everyone..
please advise.
thank you.
Yes, I think speed should not be an issue as long as you are within the (Owner’s manual) given RPM. I am doing about 68-70 under 5K RPM. I got another 70 odd kms to complete to move beyond 5k RPM.
Chida is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote