Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 9th January 2012, 08:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Hero Motocorp @ Auto Expo 2012

A lot was expected from Hero and I guess it was not delivered? Why is Hero still piggy backing its model on Honda lines. Except for Impulse theres nothing new to be offered in the mototcycle segment.

Maestro I feel has lost the the first battle when it comes without telescopic suspensions which is a must in a gearless scootet. Now it is wait n watch when they announce the pricing of Maestro which will make or break the model. Is Hero still deciding to continue with the Pleasure at all?

Any more details on the Leap? Looks more like an electric scooter. For one the OVRMS are oddly placed.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 09:14   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Hero Motocorp @ Auto Expo 2012

Looks like Hero has started depending on Honda more than it ever did.
They should actually advertise 'Hum mein hai Honda' :-D

All said Passion X and Maestro can give the volumes they require. For average Indians Hero (Honda or not) is a very dependable company and people will continue to buy them for the time being.
Turbokick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 13:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Maestro I feel has lost the the first battle when it comes without telescopic suspensions which is a must in a gearless scootet.
I guess Meastro is a rebadged version of Honda's Activa. If so it will do reasonably well, considering the fact,
that Hero has better reach in tier-II,III cities and also the 6 month waiting period for Honda Activa.
Daewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 13:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Hero Motocorp @ Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
I guess Meastro is a rebadged version of Honda's Activa. If so it will do reasonably well, considering the fact,
that Hero has better reach in tier-II,III cities and also the 6 month waiting period for Honda Activa.
If that is the case then moreso Hero has a lot to worry since Maestro without the front telescopic suspensions would find it difficult to sell. Atleast the urban consumer would think so, dont know about the Tier 2/3 cities. If Hero plays the pricing card well, then it can lure some of the Honda's customer but lot depends on reliability which Honda has been able to maintain till date.

Will Maestro have the engine still sourced from Honda?
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 15:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
After looking at the pictures of the Ignitor I too am left scratching my head like the gentleman in the picture. Unbelievably, they have managed to make the new bike worse looking than the original. The console looks atrocious and the rear looks like it was copied from a cheap rip off bike from across the border.

Kudos to them for launching the Impulse. If its go is half as good as its show, its a step forward for our motorcycling industry. Never wouldve thought that they would be the company to take the first proper stab at the on road - off road market (RIP Bajaj Enduro).
neil.jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 16:21   #21
BHPian

I agree with Neil. Impulse, in my opinion, is the only bike I'd buy from the Hero stable.
Just look at the white Splendor and the Black/Red ZMR!! Suddenly "appaling" and "pathetic" seem so inadequate in describing these color schemes! And with the Ignitor they have proved that it is very well possible to destroy a handsome looking bike with little effort.

About the new Passion, it should sell in even better numbers given the 97cc sloper engine is replaced by the Twister mill.
dreamseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 21:46   #22
BHPian

Nothing really interesting here, except for the Impulse. When TVS can show case innovations, I would have expected the bigger Hero motor corp to come out with something better.
cogentr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 02:06   #23
BHPian

I like the way Impulse looking. Any detail on the bike ie pricing, engine size etc.
The rest of the line up looks kind of old, boring and too plastic.
zibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 12:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Woops appears that Hero is blindly aping Honda Activa & Stunner with their Maestro & Ignitor. The very names are a big turn off. Consoles all reek of poor plastics, but am sure they will still sell because of their reach in the rurals.
But on the contrary is it that Hero is buying time to build their R&D team? Something that Japs did post the WW2 before unleashing their electronics? Guess only time will tell on the fate of Hero.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 12:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Guys one thing Hero does the best is warranty and service. I have really good experience with Hero in this regard. I know few other top 2 wheeler manufacturers and how they handle service. But with both of my bikes 99" CBZ and 07" ZMA i have got excellent service. On my ZMA they replaced the entire body panels because of slight fade issue, i know it standard but it was done one year after bikes warranty got over. Only because of their service i might get another Hero
Rahulkool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 23:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

View of Hero Stand from a distance to show how the hall was laid out.

Hero Motocorp @ Auto Expo 2012-image_004.jpg

Hero Motocorp @ Auto Expo 2012-image_003.jpg
Ym-enjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 00:01   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
The first Trans-Terrain motorcycle by an Indian Manufacturer.
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't India's 'first' trans-terrain motorcyle the Bajaj Enduro?
misquitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 00:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't India's 'first' trans-terrain motorcyle the Bajaj Enduro?
True that the Bajaj Enduro did make it to the market before but there is hardly anyone who knows about it. On the other hand, the Impulse has been received well by bikers.

Well time will tell what happens to the impulse...will its fate be similar to the enduro is what we can only speculate right now.

But ever since the launch, ive seen a few impulse's on the road; however i still have never seen an enduro in person
parrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2012, 22:47   #29
BHPian

Any news on the availability of Hero Maestro in showrooms across the country? I've been scouring the internet and there is little info on this. Also, we recently went to a Hero showroom in Porvorim and the sales guys had no clue on the availability of Maestro.

Initially, it was suggested that the Maestro would be available by end-January, but I wonder if it will now be available by February. Also, I don't seem to find any road test of this bike.

Wife and I are keen on this bike for a few reasons...

1. It could be one of the last Hero scooters with a reliable Honda engine before the 2014 deadline, when the two giants take diverse routes. We don't know how good the Hero engines would be after 2014.

2. Availability of the Maestro could be quicker, given the huge waiting period for the Suzuki Access and the Honda Activa, the two other bikes that appeal to us.

3. A Hero showroom is barely 2 kms from our house and hence, it would be easier to service the scooter there.

4. Given the massive Hero sales and service, it would not be difficult to get parts.
misquitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 09:29   #30
BHPian

HH has always been a manufacturer of reliable bikes, specially considering the conditions of our roads, maintenance costs, fuel cost, etc.

Many of us may not be attracted to the ugly stickers on the bikes, but remember that more than 60% of our population lives in rural areas, who are the main customers for these bikes. They are more than happy to have a few colorful stickers on their bikes than to bother about its performance or any other technical stuff.

Bottom line is, even though the bikes are just upgraded cosmetically, they are still selling like hot cakes.

DevilsDoggie is offline   Reply With Quote